New online SEO course by "Tin"

Discussion in 'SEO, PPC and Online Marketing' started by sirearl, Oct 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wowfish Design

Wowfish Design UKBF Contributor Free Member

33 1
    There are some exceptionally angry people on this forum if someone has their own opinion.
    The start of this post says
    "For all those struggling with SEO take a look at "Tins" new online course."

I merely pointed out that there is a certain amount of knowledge that can be obtained through Udemy and was shot down because of that. Firstly, there may be 'Yanks' within Udemy but it is very critical of anyone to say that our colleagues from the United States do not know anything about SEO. Secondly, Udemy does not only have courses supplied by Americans but from all nationalities. I can only suggest that you look at the courses supplied by them before putting down someones opinion.
    It all depends on your current level of knowledge. The statement ''for all those struggling..." did not give any indication of their knowledge level. When I suggested 'more cost effective' perhaps I should have pointed out that there are alternatives to learning SEO that do not require such an outlay especially if you are struggling because of having only basic knowledge or just starting in your chosen career.

Posted: Jan 20, 2015 By: Wowfish Design Member since: Jan 19, 2015
  2. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

31,068 9,129
    Not angry, just people who have been doing what they do very successfully for many years.

Look at some of Tin's posts and you will soon realise he offers far more than udemy ever can.

Posted: Jan 20, 2015 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  3. Nuno

Nuno UKBF Big Shot Free Member

4,783 1,607
    This is an object lesson on how not to join a group. Join a forum, football team, group in the pub whatever, unless and until you understand the dynamics you risk putting your foot into your mouth.
    Tin/Ray is very well respected here, and his friends will defend him. You weren't to know that.
    The comment about Yanks was made by Earl, who is the forum putz, an old man who just wants to start arguments and never puts anything positive forward. You weren't to know that either.

There is a lot of value here, a lot of very helpful people with access to an amazing amount of knowledge. But once you start calling them/us names we react like all humans.
    (You can call Earl names: <sorry no you cannot outside time out>:))

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2015
    Posted: Jan 20, 2015 By: Nuno Member since: Oct 10, 2011
  4. directmarketingadvice

directmarketingadvice UKBF Legend Free Member

10,942 3,530
    Do you mean "cost effective"? Or do you mean "cheaper"?

Even cheaper than Udemy would be to buy a book on SEO.

Cost effective means "bang for your buck" - and you can only say that if you've gone through both courses and applied what each teaches... and then seen what results you get in the search engines.

Steve

Posted: Jan 21, 2015 By: directmarketingadvice Member since: Aug 2, 2005
  5. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy UKBF Legend Staff Member

20,433 7,050

In fairness that isn't what you pointed out is it. You stated that the Udemy courses were more 'Cost Effective' which is a specific term with a specific meaning i.e. you stated that the course by Tin was less cost effective than other course. All I did was ask a simple question about what you are basing your statement of cost effectiveness on :)

Indeed if you had said along the lines you posted above then I doubt the response would have been the same. If you said there are cheaper alternatives on Udemy then no-one would have batted an eyelid (well one or two might have ;) )

It is difficult joining a forum, but it is sometimes best to feel your way in rather than run in all guns blazing. Enthusiasm is often mistaken for self promotion and bragging.

Posted: Jan 21, 2015 By: OldWelshGuy Member since: Jun 12, 2008
  6. sirearl

sirearl UKBF Legend Free Member

29,807 6,643
    Maybe thats why the masters of the SEO universe consult moi and my inbox was full of requests from people wanting me to work with them untill I made it clear I was not taking on anymore work.

All the good stuff was posted ages ago on the SEO threads,but since I found out SEO was a tad akin to cage fighting I decided to only give advice to the more deserving cases.:)

The other stuff I post is just pure unadulterated wisdom gained from carefull observation of the various animal species one encounters.:p

Posted: Jan 21, 2015 By: sirearl Member since: Apr 23, 2007
  7. Nuno

Nuno UKBF Big Shot Free Member

4,783 1,607
    All unproven.
    For all we know you only post here when you get a few minutes away from delousing the dentures in a care home.
    Nothing to be ashamed of. Good, honest labour.

Posted: Jan 21, 2015 By: Nuno Member since: Oct 10, 2011
  8. webgeek

webgeek UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

4,029 1,476

Would you like some crow to go with that hat? It's okay boeeiiii, you got some mighty purdy lips. (insert banjo playing yankee doodle).

I looked at udemy, saw the instructor cadre resembling the odesk/fiverr gigs I desperately try to avoid, was intrigued by one for $497, though it had 6300 enrolled students and only 66 reviews of 5*, plus it focused almost exclusively on backlinks and only gave lip service to on page optimisation.

Some haven't realised that you can rank highly, in many sectors and for many different phrases, with on-page efforts alone.

Coming from link-building background, I can truly appreciate backlinks as one approach - a risky approach, especially as people try to get more for less £'s.

If the OP would care to share the URL to this fountain of knowledge on udemy that gives you more/better tools to win the rankings war than Tin's course, I'll join Earl and help eat his hat (the crow is all his).

Posted: Jan 22, 2015 By: webgeek Member since: May 19, 2009
  9. AndrewS5

AndrewS5 UKBF Contributor Free Member

31 2
    Has anyone actually used this? Is it any good?

Posted: Jun 29, 2015 By: AndrewS5 Member since: Jun 29, 2015
  10. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy UKBF Legend Staff Member

20,433 7,050
    Posted: Jun 29, 2015 By: OldWelshGuy Member since: Jun 12, 2008
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. Mystro

Mystro UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

1,092 376
    Its pretty comprehensive covering all you need to know to get your site into good shape, with great explanation videos

Worth a buy IMO

Posted: Jun 29, 2015 By: Mystro Member since: Aug 20, 2009
  12. fisicx

31,068 9,129
    YES!

Posted: Jun 29, 2015 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  13. directmarketingadvice

directmarketingadvice UKBF Legend Free Member

10,942 3,530
    Ray has figured out stuff that

(A) I've never heard any other SEO guru talking about. (Not even close.)

and

(B) Really works. (Because, for years, I've recommeded him to my clients and he's consistently gotten results.)

and

(C) It's a lot easier (and cheaper) than the "try to find links" or "write endless blog posts/articles/social media posts" methods most people teach.

So, to answer your question, yes, the course is not only good, it's the only place to learn the most effective way to do SEO.

("Most effective" - unless you already have an existing link network that Google doesn't know about.)

Hope this helps,

Steve

Posted: Jun 30, 2015 By: directmarketingadvice Member since: Aug 2, 2005
  14. Shopclicks

Shopclicks UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

519 138
    So what am I missing here? The website that is going to tell me how to seo a website, doesn't rank very well.

Posted: Jun 30, 2015 By: Shopclicks Member since: Mar 14, 2015
  15. Tin

Tin Just an SEO Staff Member

5,847 1,607
    Please elaborate

Posted: Jun 30, 2015 By: Tin Member since: Nov 14, 2005
  16. Shopclicks

519 138
    Hi. I would have thought that the best advertisement for any seo course would be a high ranking website.

17. pcproblems

pcproblems UKBF Regular Free Member

466 68
    It's top of the organic results for DIY SEO COURSE

Posted: Jun 30, 2015 By: pcproblems Member since: Jun 30, 2010
  18. fisicx

31,068 9,129
    The interweb is littered with high ranking SEO sites who provide appalling services. The very best SEO providers don't need to rank well, their reputation is enough to bring in the work.

And Ray is #6 for 'diy seo'.

Posted: Jun 30, 2015 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  19. Tin

Tin Just an SEO Staff Member

5,847 1,607
    Thanks for the reply. Simply put, I'm offering seo techniques that I know work, these techniques are explained fully in an online course but it's expected that the person who wishes to signup for my course is willing to do the seo themselves (DIY). Therefore my keywords target exactly what I'm offering and these are...

diy seo course #1
    diy seo courses #1
    diy seo #6

and of course, the brand name Fresh Bananas #1

I'm not looking for the world on a stick for the price of the lollipop, I'm offering a diy seo course, that's it.

Yes, there are higher volume key phrases around but they've been proven to be non converting after extensive testing.

Ray

Posted: Jun 30, 2015 By: Tin Member since: Nov 14, 2005
  20. Shopclicks

519 138
    Fair enough Ray. If that's what you're targeting. Just seems to me that you're putting a voluntary cap on the traffic you could be getting. But that's what I was missing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.