New Enterprise Allowance

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by andyscott, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andyscott

andyscott UKBF Newcomer Free Member

9 1
    Have been looking at applying to the new enterprise allowance scheme for start up funds for business.

Does anyone have or know of anyone that has had experience either good or bad with enterprise allowance?

i have read up about the scheme and it seems ok but I am a bit wary about it as I have not heard of anyone who has been on it and when you look at the dwp for it, it gives some examples of succesful applicants, One of them being a guy who set up a restuarant for £1000.

Posted: Nov 20, 2012 By: andyscott Member since: Nov 18, 2012
  2. businessfunding

businessfunding Guest

0 0
    Hi Andy

I am a mentor for the NEA scheme. I have seen 3 businesses set up successfully in trades.

I have had to dissuade one person from a wholly inappropriate MLM scheme and have seen a few people disappear when they realised what is involved in running a business.

The scheme itself offers:

- Advice & guidance from mentors & the organising body
    - Potential £1000 loan on fairly soft terms
    - Parachute payments from JSA.

It does not bring guarantees of success and it doesn't run the business for you - ultimately your business will be as good as the plan and what you are prepared to put into it.

Posted: Nov 21, 2012 By: businessfunding Member since: Jan 1, 1970
  3. sudomatic

sudomatic UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    I started on it in January.
    The choice was simple, stay on dole and risk losing my house or go self employed and start earning.
    I've never looked back.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Posted: Nov 21, 2012 By: sudomatic Member since: Jul 12, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.