Networking Events

Discussion in 'North East' started by MeticulousVA, Mar 13, 2016.

1. MeticulousVA

MeticulousVA UKBF Newcomer Free Member

27 4
    Evening Everyone,
    It appears to be that time on a Sunday when work mode begins to creep back into the brain, thats if it ever left of course. We seem to be a quiet regional forum. I was just wondering if anyone has any info on the best networking events in our region. I would like to network and discuss with others what I can offer them and see how they could help me. Twitters great but it never really drives actual business.
    So if you have any details, I would appreciate them.
    Thanks - Have a great rest of evening.
    Kelly

Posted: Mar 13, 2016 By: MeticulousVA Member since: Feb 23, 2016
  2. Ashley_Price

Ashley_Price UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

7,024 1,291
    It seems, from the lack of response, that there aren't any events around your way (or at least people on here don't know of them), so why not start your own networking event?

Posted: Mar 14, 2016 By: Ashley_Price Member since: Feb 9, 2008
  3. MeticulousVA

27 4
    Thanks, I was thinking the very same.
    I have came across a few in the area I will attend.
    If anyone wants any information let me know, Im happy to share details.
    Kelly
    Meticulous VA

Posted: Mar 15, 2016 By: MeticulousVA Member since: Feb 23, 2016
  4. MrComputerSaint

MrComputerSaint UKBF Contributor Free Member

49 7
    Hi,

I've just became active now. There are some groups on meetup.com and I've been to 1 or 2 meetup's for business. With varying levels of success. But I'm at the very early days of starting my own business.

Andrew

Posted: Apr 4, 2016 By: MrComputerSaint Member since: Nov 4, 2015
  5. MeticulousVA

27 4
    Hi Andrew,

Great to have your response. I have found a fare few networking events in our region via twitter. I have a been a little busy at the moment, which is great, but I will most definately be attending some of them in the near future.
    Thanks for the meetup info I will be taking a look at that for sure. I think its easier to promote yourself and skills in person.
    What business are you in early stages of?
    Your help is very much appreciated.
    Kelly

Posted: Apr 4, 2016 By: MeticulousVA Member since: Feb 23, 2016
  6. MrComputerSaint

MrComputerSaint UKBF Contributor Free Member

49 7
    Hi Kelly,

I'm @MrComputerSaint on twitter - follow me and I will follow you, perhaps we can attend the same networking event. I agree, a face to face meeting is much better than an email or call, but they all have their time and place.

I'm starting a computer repair / IT support company. I've really done a lot of things in my career, from broadband support through to Cisco installs and Audiocodes design and support to even installing CCTV.I read somewhere it's best to talk about 1 thing I do well, compared to talking about 20 things in a short space of time, when at the events.

Andrew

Posted: Apr 5, 2016 By: MrComputerSaint Member since: Nov 4, 2015