Need some specific software developed

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by Cornish Steve, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cornish Steve

Cornish Steve UKBF Legend

12,965 1,918
    As part of our ongoing development work, I need to find someone who can develop a very specific function that our existing software can link to. We're probably talking 40-80 hours of work. I'm thinking about hiring an intern for the summer. As an alternative, what do you think of services like rentacoder and programmingbids? Does anyone have experience of these online outsourcing services?

Posted: Apr 17, 2007 By: Cornish Steve Member since: Jul 4, 2005
  2. Astaroth

Astaroth UKBF Legend

4,074 279
    Have used them and have sold my services on them.... they are not as cheap as they used to be (in my opinion - which is good for me as a service provider) but there is an equal amount of good programmers and rank amauters on it.

I personally have not had many problems with the people I have employed (but in corporate life I had worked with Indian programmers and knew their general traits) but have known many people to get terrible service from companies that had exceptional feedback - most suspect that many are simply subcontracting out again.

Do you have any more details you are willing to share on what the project is?

Posted: Apr 17, 2007 By: Astaroth Member since: Aug 24, 2005
  3. INTERACSS

INTERACSS UKBF Newcomer

70 0
    I agree with idea of a summer intern.

But for such a small project I would certinly stay away from india.

My suggest is to find a uk based development house, this way you will have the opportutniy to fullfil the full development cycle in person with the consulants/developers. and if there are any issues/bugs in the coding then they are in the same time zone/geographic area.

If you need info on a couple of bespoke development houses, I have used a couple of the last few years, so feel free to drop me a PM

Regards

James

Posted: Apr 17, 2007 By: INTERACSS Member since: Mar 5, 2007
  4. Cornish Steve

Cornish Steve UKBF Legend

12,965 1,918
    Thanks for the feedback. This is useful advice.

Posted: Apr 17, 2007 By: Cornish Steve Member since: Jul 4, 2005
  5. ajs5mz2

ajs5mz2 UKBF Newcomer

1 0
    Maybe I can be of service. I'm a professional developer with over 20 years of experience. I also do freelance programming. You can PM me if your interested.

Posted: Apr 18, 2007 By: ajs5mz2 Member since: Apr 17, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.