Need some advice please, urgent..

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by designhull, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. designhull

designhull UKBF Newcomer

33 6
    Hey guys.

I own a classifieds network, and I run under Stuff4Sale LTD.

There is the domain name, stuff4sale.co.uk that redirects to vivastreet.co.uk

I want to protect my brand, stuff4sale.co.uk is owned by Northcliffe media LTD.

Is there anyway I can obtain this domain name to protect my brand, do i have any grounds to request the domain name?

Lewis

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 By: designhull Member since: Oct 11, 2010
  2. kulture

kulture Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

8,337 2,351
    You registered your company 3 days ago. The domain was registered in 2005. You have no grounds whatsoever to this name and will not be able to get this domain UNLESS you buy it from the owner.

I would also like to point out that the registrar for this domain is http://www.cscprotectsbrands.com

Which says on their site "Corporation Service Company® (CSC®) has the tools you need to enhance the value of your brands while combatting the forces that would undermine them. Our suite of management and monitoring capabilities, grounded in technological superiority and ranked...."

So it is entirely possible that they will go after YOU for your use of the name.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
    Posted: Jul 16, 2012 By: kulture Member since: Aug 11, 2007
  3. designhull

designhull UKBF Newcomer

33 6
    Thank you :)

4. Surminga

Surminga UKBF Newcomer

49 5
    Your only option could be to get in touch with Vivastreet or Northcliffe and ask if you can buy the domain from them.
    Other option is to have a read on www (dot) ipo (dot) gov (dot) uk/t-domain but it will likely come down to the following scenarios that you may get your domain you wish for -
    - if someone is using a domain name to pass off their goods and services as yours
    - or if someone has taken out your trade mark as a domain name just to sell it back to you

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 By: Surminga Member since: Jan 8, 2012
  5. designhull

designhull UKBF Newcomer

33 6
    Just phoned them up, and they was great, they no longer require the domain name, and we are coming to an arrangement now.

Lewis

6. MikeJ

MikeJ Contributor

6,108 1,819
    Wait until you get the price.....

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 By: MikeJ Member since: Jan 15, 2008
  7. designhull

designhull UKBF Newcomer

33 6
    Are you aware of something i'm not?

Lewis

8. ITsoldUK

ITsoldUK Contributor

2,227 666
    OKey Dokey, lets see who gets it to the nearest £1000 :D

You have shown interest dude....that will help increase the price indeedy doody

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 By: ITsoldUK Member since: Sep 15, 2011
  9. designhull

designhull UKBF Newcomer

33 6
    They have already said it won't be pricey, as I have something beneficial to them, a network of over 140,000 people on facebook.

And I would give their media group/newspapers some publicity. :)

10. kulture

kulture Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

8,337 2,351
    There you go, good negotiation never hurts. It is a great domain name. See if you can likewise get the .com of it too. Bet the owner of the .com puts a high price on it as it is such a good name. Get the price in writing, make sure that th eperson negotiating with you has the authority to agree a price, and good luck.

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 By: kulture Member since: Aug 11, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.