General Business Forum Brought to you by Square

Need professional advice.

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Cashmoneymula, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Big Shot Free Member

8,978 2,277
    So they are self employed. How do you stop them taking other jobs with takeaways who need them and failing to turn up to your jobs?

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 By: Newchodge Member since: Nov 8, 2012
  2. Gordon - Commercial Finance

Gordon - Commercial Finance UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

524 115
    Just Eat will absolutely not buy this.

I'm sure you will, but I don't think I've ever heard of someone being a millionaire from removals, and takeaway delivery.

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 By: Gordon - Commercial Finance Member since: Jun 26, 2017
  3. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

7,454 777
    No, the takeaway is a business.
    You won't be employing staff and providing them to a business for 30p extra.

Rather than focusing on what you want to do, try focusing on a problem and seeing how you can create a solution.

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  4. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

7,454 777

Only if they are self employed.
    And from what you've been saying about the control you want they will instead be employees.

Figure out what you want.

https://www.gov.uk/employment-status/selfemployed-contractor

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  5. The Byre

The Byre UKBF Ace Free Member

6,899 2,690
    In which case, your accountant is wrong! HMRC have not started to fully crack down on pseudo-self-employment to disguise regular employment, but they are under governmental pressure to crack the whip here and will do so very soon!
    I'll have to teach Number Two how to make good chips! (The number of Chinese takeaways that can't cook rice so that it is loose and not sticky and F&C shops that produce soggy chips never ceases to amaze me!)

Even if your costs are a Utopian £7.50 an hour, it takes c.a. 20m to deliver a meal (sometimes much, much longer) and get back to base, so you have £2.50 costs (in reality more like £5+) and you are charging 30p.

As Fagin said, "I think I'd better think it out again!"

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    Posted: Mar 8, 2018 By: The Byre Member since: Aug 13, 2013
  6. Gordon - Commercial Finance

524 115
    Or maybe just can it and start again.

It is hopefully becoming clear to the OP why this "billion dollar idea" has never been done before.

7. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Big Shot Free Member

8,978 2,277
    Am I the only one who finds this thread title hilarious, in the circumstances?

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 By: Newchodge Member since: Nov 8, 2012
  8. Toby Willows

Toby Willows UKBF Regular Free Member

760 164
    He’s 23, I had a few million dollar ideas (less ambition I guess) at the same age, went with one and it cost me a packet!! Learned a lot though so perhaps the OP going with this might be good for him in the long run.

I will say fair play to him though for at least having a man-and-a-van set up, more than many 23 year olds do.

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 By: Toby Willows Member since: Jun 20, 2016
  9. Gordon - Commercial Finance

524 115
    You're right - I got carried away.

Crack on and see what happens!

10. Toby Willows

Toby Willows UKBF Regular Free Member

760 164
    Yup, not much on the telly so need something!

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 By: Toby Willows Member since: Jun 20, 2016
  11. Noah

Noah UKBF Regular Free Member

482 105
    No.

OMGWTFLOLZBBQ

Posted: Mar 9, 2018 By: Noah Member since: Sep 1, 2009
  12. SH247

SH247 UKBF Contributor Free Member

64 9
    This is one of the most ridiculous, entertaining and equally frustrating threads I've ever read.

You're not alone.

I don't think OP will ever get the message and take the advice of those more experienced.

@BusterBloodvessel You sir are incredibly patient.

Posted: Mar 9, 2018 By: SH247 Member since: Mar 8, 2018
  13. Mark T Jones

Mark T Jones UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

1,800 475
    I havent read the full thread, presuming it takes the same course as every other dream/idea thread

To the OP. The dream/idea phase isn’t a bad starting point, but if you want to go anywhere you need to evolve with reasearch, a plan and execution. You are currently fighting a pointless battle with no ammunition against people whose only aim is to point you to areas you need to address

Based on early comments a great and achievable goal might be to build your current business to the stage you clearly wish for, where you are a controller operating a small fleet of 7 - 10 vans. This might be achievable in 2 years and will be invaluable education in actually planning and growing a business

Posted: Mar 10, 2018 By: Mark T Jones Member since: Nov 4, 2015