General Business Forum Brought to you by Square
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, make sure to follow us on Twitter! Say hi and we'll be sure to follow back!

Need professional advice.

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Cashmoneymula, Mar 6, 2018.

1. BusterBloodvessel

BusterBloodvessel UKBF Contributor Free Member

51 17
    Well I am surprised but I'll hold my hands up. I wonder if perhaps they're geared up to supply some of the chains e.g. Dominos where I believe they have a higher number of drivers but also you might have a franchisee trying to get staff for across 3, 4, 5 or more outlets.

For the traditional type local pizzeria etc I can't imagine the need? But obviously there is at least one doing it so there must be somewhere! :)

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 By: BusterBloodvessel Member since: Jan 22, 2018
  2. Cashmoneymula

Cashmoneymula UKBF Contributor Free Member

44 3
    1750 x week 7 drivers, they will be accountable for their own national insurance ecc ecc, 2 drivers are guaranteed full time, the rest will work weekends and in other takeaways when needed. That's an estimation x takeaway.
    There is no way I will be making a loss, and I won't be causing problems either. Takeaways are different, some are very busy others aren't so to say they all be busy at the same time is like saying that perhaps I can't open a bank because all of my customers will withdraw their money at the same time!!

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 By: Cashmoneymula Member since: Mar 6, 2018
  3. BusterBloodvessel

51 17
    Nobody is trying to ridicule you but you aren't making much coherent sense. You have identified a genuine problem, one which I encounter myself in my business but your business plan for addressing this seems to rely on a fag packet style plan of "I'll guarantee drivers a full time wage then farm them out across different takeaways". But when faced with actual insight into how the takeaway industry works, what someone in the industry would perceive as issues with your proposal, or questions for a more in depth plan of how you will make this work, you seem completely unable to answer and simply default to a position of "it will work cos I say it will and then I'll sell it for millions".

There is nothing wrong with ambition and ideas (my milestone was a millionaire by 30 too but unless there's a lottery win in the next 12 months I'll definitely fail!) but perhaps focus less on the big dream of lots of cars driving about with your name on (why? Why would people care about seeing the name of an agency service provider) and more on putting together an in depth plan of how your business will operate, simultaneously creating benefits for your customers and making money for you.

4. BusterBloodvessel

51 17
    How many takeaways have you operated or worked in to come up with this fact? Or what studies have you done to determine when they are and aren't busy and what staff levels are going to be required and when?

5. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

7,428 777

No, you don't get to decide the drivers should pay own NI.
    By what you have stated the control you want is that they would be your employees.

You want to charge the takeaway a lot more than they'd be paying the staff themselves - how is that not adding to their problems?

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  6. Cashmoneymula

44 3

For instance I thought I did answer all of your questions? Anyway why company cars and name of business ecc ecc well first of all looks more trustworthy, credible and it's a great way of free advertising.

7. BusterBloodvessel

51 17
    But you are a service provider, providing staff to a company. Why advertise that on the side of delivery cars? It is a little different to advertising Uber Eats or Deliveroo, who actually provide the consumer facing side of the process and want to drive consumer traffic to their platform,

That's like an agency sending drivers in to work for DHL but telling DHL to sticker all their vans up with "Johns Recruitment Services"

8. BusterBloodvessel

51 17
    Also my question was how you address the situation of there being very heavy peaks and troughs in demand for drivers. You acknowledge that these exist, because your very business is built on taking this problem away from takeaways of not being able to employ them full time.

However, your solution for this seems to be for YOU to employ them full time, thereby taking the problem away from the takeaway and just putting it in your own lap instead. This makes no sense. What am I missing?

9. Cashmoneymula

44 3
    Money should make things easier and my services aren't for everyone, if you run a takeaway and your making good profits and you want less stress you call me, it's really simple like I don't understand why making it look so complicated.

10. Cashmoneymula

44 3
    I'm only going to explain myself one more time:
    The bank is the takeaway's-
    The money are the drivers-
    The people withdrawing money are the customers ordering food-

You are saying that supposedly if everyone orders food at the same time in aaallll of the takeaways and takes out all of my driver's all be bankrupt? No! It won't happen as I said my driver's are flexible, I can get them to change location and relocate at command so it will be just like a bank, if you know how a bank works because I really don't want to explain that to.

11. Mr D

7,428 777
    The company cars add to your costs - along with your employees that you are paying for even when a takeaway doesn't want to pay - and drive up your prices.
    With a company car I can see a £7.50 an hour employee the takeaway could get themselves costing £18 an hour from you.
    You are not solving the cost aspect - you are adding to it considerably.

12. Toby Willows

Toby Willows UKBF Regular Free Member

760 164
    It’s a friend of mine who operates a number of establishments in London (mainly SW1 area) and uses the agency workers if really desperate. I’m pretty sure it’s all online. I’ll text him and find out who it is he uses, may be of interest to the op as well.

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 By: Toby Willows Member since: Jun 20, 2016
  13. Mr D

7,428 777
    Yes you can get drivers to relocate on demand but while doing so they are earning you no money. But you are still paying them.
    And what happens when the drivers are busy and someone needs a driver back - but you cannot supply that?

14. Cashmoneymula

44 3
    My friend I see you still don't understand, perhaps the takeaway is a meal, and my services are that sauce that comes with it for 30 p extra, this is an idea to bring relaible delivery drivers to a takeaway That aims to grow and expand without worrying about drivers, maybe focus on the food instead? Wich is really what matters the most.

15. The Byre

The Byre UKBF Ace Free Member

6,893 2,687
    Even at minimum wage, the cost of seven drivers, with payroll taxes, NI, etc. comes to somewhere far North of £3,000. Now add the vehicles (capital and running costs) and other peripheral costs, like various insurances.

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 By: The Byre Member since: Aug 13, 2013
  16. Cashmoneymula

44 3
    I will not be paying for any of that stuff, how I said every driver has to deal with he's own NI And that's legal as I asked my accountant ecc ecc

17. BusterBloodvessel

51 17
    *head in hands*

OK, let's give it another scenario. Takeaways are busiest on Fridays, Saturdays and, interestingly, Sunday is apparently the busiest day. This is pretty much undisputable. Lets say busiest periods on these nights is 6pm - 11pm. That's 15 hours a week where, lets say in one busy takeaway, you need 2 drivers to cope with demand.

Then the takeaway is quiet on Monday - Thursday, only one driver is required. So you have one driver doing 5 hours a night, 7 days a week. That's his 35 hours a week full time job sorted.

You have the second driver who is only covering the 15 hours at weekend. Yet in your proposal, you are going to employ him full time. So what are you going to do with him for the remaining 20 hours? This is the bit that doesn't make sense. You seem to think you can guarantee work for drivers but you have no idea how to fill that drivers time.

I fully understand your point about not all takeaways are busy at exactly the same time. But they follow TRENDS. Believe me, I know. I see it in my business, I've seen it in extensive research I did & discussions with more knowledgeable & experienced people than me, trying to address this exact problem. Yes, there are fluctuations, yes there are good days and bad days, but there are still trends and patterns.

A real world example for you: There are two chippies within convenient walking distance of my local pub! The first one, every Friday night you can guarantee they will be queing out of the door, perhaps 15-20 deep. The other is only moderately busy and you might see 3 or 4 people in there at any one time as the night goes on.

Now by your logic, and to distribute your work, then while the first one is queing 15-20 deep on a Friday, the other one would have to be queing 15-20 deep on a Tuesday! It doesn't happen, on a Tuesday the most popular one still has 4 or 5 people queing in it, whereas you'll be lucky to see 1 person in the less popular one.

The peaks and troughs in demand are too great to be able to guarantee everybody a full time wage. You have probably 75% of your demand compressed into 40% of the working week.

18. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

28,539 8,436
    Fine. But that means you need to pay them a lot more then £8/hour you were proposing. Then add your markup on top and it soon ceases to become viable.

But good luck with your removal business, app development and now takeway delivery drivers. I'm sure you will makes your £1M very soon.

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  19. Cashmoneymula

44 3
    Gentleman I got to go, perhaps I will be back later and I'm willing to answer everything.

20. Mark T Jones

Mark T Jones UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

1,797 475
    I’d be careful with that assumption as there are several ongoing test cases, which ncluding Uber. ‘My accountant says’ won’t cut it with HMRC

I haven’t read the 5hread in any depth, but I suspect a lot of the answers will lie in a detailed cashflow / p&l projection

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 By: Mark T Jones Member since: Nov 4, 2015