General Business Forum Brought to you by Square
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, make sure to follow us on Twitter! Say hi and we'll be sure to follow back!

Need professional advice.

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Cashmoneymula, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Cashmoneymula

Cashmoneymula UKBF Contributor Free Member

44 3
    Greetings everyone.

I have A incredible "APP" idea Wich is better than many applications we all use and surely I'm positive it will make a lot of money, my concern today is that I'm broke and im here to ask if anyone out there knows a way I could be able to develop and launch the application for free? Is there any way?
    Thanking you in advance :)

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 By: Cashmoneymula Member since: Mar 6, 2018
  2. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

28,539 8,435
    Nope. Not a chance. Ideas are ten a penny and app developers and investors see 'winning ideas' every day. Very few ever make it past the idea stage and even fewer end up making money.

So sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but this is only ever going to be an idea in your head until you get some dosh.

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Cashmoneymula

44 3
    Thank you for your prompt response, yes I thought so actually, I have someone willing to make it for me but that will cost me a share of 20% of the company.
    Thank you again for taking the time to reply

4. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

7,420 775
    That sounds pretty cheap. Could always borrow money from the bank and pay them for the work instead, a few grand?
    If you have no money but need to pay for someone else to do things then your options are limited.

Or could learn the skills needed. How hard can it be?

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  5. Cashmoneymula

44 3
    Very true but unfortunately it won't be a few grand that I will be needing, it's actually pretty expensive as the app I'm aiming to bring to life is something never seen before and very sophisticated, also advertising costs ecc ecc, so yeah I feel like I know the lottery numbers but stuck somewhere in between buying the ticket or making someone believe that I know the numbers so that they can buy me the ticket lol life...

6. billmccallum1957

billmccallum1957 UKBF Ace Full Member

1,778 385
    20% of nothing is a great deal for you. If it does make money you get 80%.

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 By: billmccallum1957 Member since: Feb 11, 2016
  7. Mr D

7,420 775
    Then raise the money another way if you are not willing to give up 20% of your profits.

The greatest place to get money is FFF - friends, family and fools.

Lots of people come up with ideas for apps, making money from that idea is quite another matter. Ideas are 12 a dozen. I was surprised someone offered to do some work so cheap, 20%.
    Currently 20% of no app is nothing.

8. sands67

sands67 UKBF Contributor Free Member

52 5
    My thoughts are your expecting an app developer to work for nothing on a "sophisticated (read time consuming) app" at best they will fit it in between paying work and it will drag on and at worst they will to lose interest or realise its beyond their capabilities (a good dev doesnt need this sort of work)

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 By: sands67 Member since: Apr 10, 2011
  9. Mark T Jones

Mark T Jones UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

1,797 475
    Frankly I’d bite their hand off. Someone prepared to do hard work in return for 20% of nothing?

That said,don’t forget a very big marketing budget.

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 By: Mark T Jones Member since: Nov 4, 2015
  10. GTL

GTL UKBF Regular Free Member

126 20
    I'd be inclined to get on and do it with this chap and see where it takes you. 20% is cheap. You'll need an agreement that means you own the IP and sets out the share ownership of the company (if indeed it is a limited company you have).

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 By: GTL Member since: Sep 18, 2017
  11. Cashmoneymula

44 3
    Guys wow, thank you so much for the advice, really wasn't expecting so many responses, thanks you

12. Cashmoneymula

44 3
    Also the guy that wanted in has admitted today that it's way far from he's capabilities, he's not that good to make me the app I want. I'm gonna need a team of developers, I Know 3 millionaires I can go speak to and another guy Wich works in this field so finger crossed, if none of them can help I'm afraid it's going to go to waste.

13. Toby Willows

Toby Willows UKBF Regular Free Member

760 164
    What company is that then?

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 By: Toby Willows Member since: Jun 20, 2016
  14. Mr D

7,420 775
    Good luck with investors then.
    You pay their legal costs to have documents drawn up etc. And they tend to dribble money out as milestones are met rather than lump sum.
    Oh and 20% of the company is unlikely to be what they are after. Too small maybe.

What you perhaps need is a philanthropist. Someone willing to put the money up to see what happens.
    May find one, rare but it does happen.

15. Cashmoneymula

44 3
    Yeah very true, millionaires are scrupulous business men and they will try to make as much out of it as possible, that's why I'm keeping them as the last resort, and philanthropist?? Never thought of that lol, hopefully I will make it if not you'll probably will see me on shark tank in a few years arguing with Marc Cuban

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 By: Cashmoneymula Member since: Mar 6, 2018
  16. fisicx

28,539 8,435
    Have you fully costed the app development, marketing and support? Do you have a full business plan with a five year forecast? Can you explain in detail how the investors will get a return on their money? If not then nobody is going to invest in you.

And they will probably want a lot more than 20%

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  17. The Byre

The Byre UKBF Ace Free Member

6,893 2,687
    I've got this like mega-kewl app idea for an app that creates a virtual Nicki Minaj and I could like hang out wiv her and do stuff. She's like really intelligent and even watches Judge Judy wot is all about law and stuff. So like talking to her would like awesome!

I no that this app would like really take off, cos she's got like millions of 'Barbistas' like me and they'd like really want to be wiv Her Minajesty, cos she's like really deep and stuff. She writes a lot about her pet cat and how it keeps falling into the swimming pool - wot has got to be like a metaphor for something, but I haven't worked out wot yet. I no it's dead deep, but I don't no yet why she's written "Pussy's so wet, he's gonna need goggles!"

Wiv my new app, I could ask Her Minajesty wot that's all about!

I've written a business plan and stuff. Wot do I do know?

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 By: The Byre Member since: Aug 13, 2013
  18. Cashmoneymula

44 3
    I didn't understand a single word you said, perhaps you didn't go to school, anyway I understand you are a fan of Nicky Minaj but your app sounds Silly, it's basically a knock off of Siri but with Minaj voice and information.

19. fisicx

28,539 8,435
    @The Byre was suggesting that your idea (no matter now unique in your head) isn't going to happen. Nobody invests in an idea. They want to see a prototype, wireframe or something else to demonstrate it's viability.

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  20. Cashmoneymula

44 3
    Very true but if you see right up at the start I have clearly stated that I needed advice and wow I got more than I could of possibly imagine so yeah I'm pretty much satisfied with the replies and I understand everything and everyone's point of view, I'm past the idea phase now and I'm looking to develop it and I will, thank you all for your time and patience and your knowledge was much appreciated.