Need help/advice how to get a job for all my workers

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Angel G, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Angel G

Angel G UKBF Newcomer

1 0
    Hello everyone ! Hope you are all good and safe .
    Its my first post here , so please be kind : )

I need advice whats the best way to look / find a construction site which need man .
    For example , lets say i have 5 painters , 5 bricklayers and 10 labourers . I have all of them ready to start working on day work for example , but i dont have the right contacts ( site managers ? ) to get a job .
    So please let me know whats the best way to get in touch with the right people / company / organisation to get a job for construction workers . Any advice will help.

! I might be looking for a partner for all that aswell !

Thank you

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 By: Angel G Member since: Jan 23, 2021
  2. MBE2017

MBE2017 Contributor

2,478 990
    Telephone is fast and cheap, you just have to make the effort.

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 By: MBE2017 Member since: Feb 16, 2017
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Mr D

Mr D Contributor

28,532 3,537
    Start working on getting the right contacts? Let people know you have people willing to work?
    Ringing round, emails, social media - even driving to job sites and talking to the gaffer.

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  4. AstEver

AstEver Contributor

174 52
    @Angel G
    I can organise a free ticket for a construction networking online event which takes place in early February. Please send me PM if you are interested.

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 By: AstEver Member since: Jan 10, 2019
  5. Slimslim

Slimslim UKBF Newcomer

7 0
    Have a look around at local main contractors in the areas that you're looking to work in and find out who their Quantity Surveyors are.

The QS on the project will be the one pulling together the enquiries and list of contractors that price the works. If you can get a good relationship there you should get some opportunities.

Speaking from experience as a QS.

Posted: Jan 25, 2021 By: Slimslim Member since: Jan 10, 2013
  6. Joseph K

Joseph K UKBF Newcomer

46 5
    Angel G, networking and building a good relationship with the right people locally who can give you the work is the key. When you have the contracts, build up a good reputation by delivering the work on time, budget and high quality. You would need a good QS to help you organise your team and how you deliver your jobs.

Posted: Jan 30, 2021 By: Joseph K Member since: Oct 18, 2020