Need advice on the best way of exporting

Discussion in 'International Business' started by Biohyt, Jun 29, 2019.

1. sophiacai23

sophiacai23 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

5 0
    There is no special for product export to China, just like China products export to other countries, provide the completed full set of import documents, if no branded products, just say no brand. If you want to re-package in China, just go to the bonded area that controled by Customs. if you want to sell a good price in China, it's better that you own a EU trade mark, print like "Design in **** ", Made in Geogia.

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 By: sophiacai23 Member since: Jul 3, 2019
  2. Biohyt

Biohyt UKBF Contributor Free Member

31 0
    Hello again,

I think the important thing to perform in this type of trade (over another party), is not to make the customs know that the importer/buyer can sell the products in china. But it is to minimise the confusion on the documentary level. (this is what i am after at least)

Imagine this situation: you are checking the documents related with the import. The owner of the goods are in country A, the packing/producing is done in country B, and the buyer is in country C. Even when exporting/importing the items, when a certificate is needed, it is the seller (in country B) and buyer (in country C) who deal with all of these. For the firm in country A, it is problematic to be seen as a party because the firm is not eligible to apply for any documents. "Firm A" acts as a kind of broker/middleman lets say.

This is what I am trying to find. So more like; how to make the firm in country A officially seen within this process? Even how to define "Firm A" on the paper ? Noting that the certifications etc with the customs brokers/ some bodies are done directly with the buyer and seller, I dont think theres a way to solve this problem. Or is there an alternative way of doing this ?

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 By: Biohyt Member since: Apr 25, 2018
  3. Mike Godwin

Mike Godwin UKBF Contributor Free Member

98 17
    For what its worth, the only issue regarding the shipping is that any products being exported from a non EU country will probably attract a duty rate upon importation into China that is higher than if the product had been shipped from an EU country. In the logistics industry this used to be known as 'Triangulation' I believe and is now more commonly known as 'Cross-Trade'. Hope this helps.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 By: Mike Godwin Member since: Mar 27, 2018
  4. Biohyt

31 0
    I think this is an interesting info Mike. Its sth to consider when three parties are trading, and even the existance of this term shows that this kind of trade is not unusual. Do you know whether there is a specific kind of document to be provided when 3 parties are involved in the trade?

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 By: Biohyt Member since: Apr 25, 2018
  5. MarkHenry19

MarkHenry19 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

20 2
    This thread has everything. Nothing to add. It's such a helpful conversation on UKBF.

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 By: MarkHenry19 Member since: Jul 13, 2019
  6. Mike Godwin

Mike Godwin UKBF Contributor Free Member

98 17
    Cross Trade shipping is very common place these days and it is fairly straightforward with no specific document involved.

Posted: Jul 25, 2019 By: Mike Godwin Member since: Mar 27, 2018
  7. juliaperlman

juliaperlman UKBF Newcomer Free Member

8 1
    1. Decide where to sell
    2. Have a plan
    3. Choose a route to market
    4. Find the opportunities
    5. Start marketing
    6. Understand the admin
    7. Get paid and get insured
    8. Legal considerations
    9. Transport logistics
    10. Success!

Posted: Jul 27, 2019 By: juliaperlman Member since: Jul 11, 2019
  8. MarkHenry19

MarkHenry19 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

20 2
    Helpful.

Posted: Jul 29, 2019 By: MarkHenry19 Member since: Jul 13, 2019
  9. FCUST

FCUST UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Hello,
    I think you can just draft contract under the georgia factory name and use their stamp.I guess you have good relationship with them since they produce for you.So you don't have to emphasize your location to be confusing.Because our situation is similar to yours.We draft contract with buyer under our factory name in inland of china but we use Hongkong account to receive payment.

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 By: FCUST Member since: Jul 12, 2019
  10. Biohyt

31 0
    @Mike Thanks
    @FCUST Thats also a nice way. As I understand, what you are saying is:
    1) you have a firm in china
    2) your supplier is in hongkong
    3) you are drafting contract with your buyer, as well as your supplier (or I assume maybe you dont do contract with supplier as you trust them, which I do too....).

Did I understand you right?

What I couldnt understand in this case is: when the buyer sends items to the supplier, isnt it making any issue during the customs ?
    I say this because, the documents needed for customs must illustrate the location where the items leave. So, the customs may say: "if you are in china, and your customer is in uk (i give uk as an example), then why the items are coming from hongkong?"

*One thing confused me: If you are issuing invoices under the suppliers name, and get money from them, then you shouldnt be able to receive payment yourself isnt it ? In other words, "the draft you prepared with your buyer DOES NOT include your firm's name on it". So you are actually making your supplier to have money, and because you trust them, they transfer your share. Is that right ?

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 By: Biohyt Member since: Apr 25, 2018
  11. FCUST

FCUST UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Hi ,
    Sorry for the confusing.
    For example,you are in uk,your producer is in thailand,and i am your buyer in china.
    I mean you can send me pi under your producer's company name,so i sign pi with thailand company,right?But you don't put their bank account on pi,you can use some offshore bank account,like your hongkong account,so i can send money to you,and you can send money to your supplier in thailand then.And if you trust your supplier,you can even use their bank account on pi,then they send commission to you.
    If i need certificate of origin,you can just let your producer open it for me.This will cause no misunderstanding for chinese customs.
    If you don't want to register company,you can avoid it in this way.
    The advantage of Hongkong is they have own bank system.

Posted: Aug 1, 2019 By: FCUST Member since: Jul 12, 2019