Need advice on importing clothing from China.

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by Ceaton, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Chris Ashdown

Chris Ashdown UKBF Legend Free Member

11,972 2,495
    As the OP has not been back since 2017 I guess they had enough info

Posted: Nov 1, 2019 By: Chris Ashdown Member since: Dec 7, 2003
  2. crackerjackcommerce

crackerjackcommerce UKBF Contributor Free Member

96 6
    I appreciate I might be a bit late to this thread and there is some excellent advice already mentioned however based on my experience if you are looking for a UK based import, storage and/or fulfilment company then check out Link Europa as they have a lot of knowledge and experience in product sourcing and importing, including footwear and clothing.

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 By: crackerjackcommerce Member since: Aug 1, 2019
  3. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

25,401 3,097
    Yes multiple companies in Britain provide import services. We are a set of islands, lots of imports.

Posted: Dec 27, 2019 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  4. Muskan_Khan

Muskan_Khan UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 1
    As we all know that China has become a larger market in every field you want to join for business. Businessmen are much more attracted towards China because of quality product that they want in their limited budget. I really liked that you shared here about China market to grow clothing business in a great way. There are several brands who are offering same like branded products and making them on very low rates to get help from China market that is really a greater market now a days.

Posted: Jan 1, 2020 By: Muskan_Khan Member since: Jan 1, 2020
  5. fuyili

fuyili UKBF Newcomer Free Member

5 0
    Alibaba is a great platform for you to contact the sellers. Simply send your design to them and make a deal there directly.

Posted: Jan 3, 2020 By: fuyili Member since: Dec 20, 2019
  6. finejewellerys

finejewellerys UKBF Contributor Free Member

75 8
    just register a member on wholesale business site like alibaba or dhgate wuld be great for clothes wholesale business. i hope it is helpful to you.

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 By: finejewellerys Member since: May 27, 2010
  7. V Narayan

V Narayan UKBF Contributor Free Member

23 1
    i need to find a similr thread for importing from India - sticky with a link to different such ones would be a nice one

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 By: V Narayan Member since: Jan 24, 2020
  8. Limited100

Limited100 UKBF Contributor Full Member

75 11
    If you're posting a buying request on AliBaba, use an alternate email address as it's going to get hammered with sales emails. Also make sure they are a verified supplier and all of your communications are made from within AliBaba so it's traceable. Lots of sellers try to take you offline and discuss via email.

Posted: May 13, 2020 By: Limited100 Member since: May 1, 2020
  9. MY OFFICE IN CHINA

MY OFFICE IN CHINA UKBF Legend Full Member

5,632 1,326
    The vast majority of Alibaba suppliers lie through their teeth.

They will say anything, do anything, show anything to get you interested.

When you start asking searching questions, the truth is then revealed, slowly.

The first person you get to speak to is a 'salesperson' who is there because he/she studied 'English' at school. They simply lie, as many Chinese do on Alibaba.

Posted: May 13, 2020 By: MY OFFICE IN CHINA Member since: Nov 16, 2011
  10. AndyMuir9

AndyMuir9 UKBF Contributor Full Member

30 4
    If you're looking to source products from China, you should hire a product sourcing agency in the UK, who has buyers based in mainland China. This ensures:
    • There is no miscommunication.
    • You receive accurate and authentic information.
    • The quality of products are to your required standard- as they can conduct factory inspections.
    • You receive the best prices.
    This is something that we have recently started doing, as many UK businesses have asked us for assistance with this.

If you're looking for assistance with this, then please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

Posted: Jun 9, 2020 By: AndyMuir9 Member since: Apr 13, 2020
  11. Red Wood

Red Wood UKBF Regular Free Member

511 59

Spot on. Also let's be honest, a large proportion arn't even manufacturers, more resellers.

Posted: Jun 27, 2020 By: Red Wood Member since: Jan 14, 2014
  12. Nyx004

Nyx004 UKBF Newcomer Full Member

7 0
    Be careful, many china manufacturers are just scammers. I'm recommending to go to china and choose your products by yourself.

Posted: Nov 19, 2020 By: Nyx004 Member since: Nov 10, 2020
  13. meteora

meteora UKBF Newcomer Free Member

13 0
    why don't you try dropshipping first

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 By: meteora Member since: Nov 20, 2020
  14. CHUKTC

CHUKTC UKBF Regular Free Member

186 31
    Nyx004 says I'm recommending to go to china and choose your products by yourself. However assuming you are a UK citizen living in UK it is not possible to visit China at present. Even when Covid restrictions are lifted (back to how they were a month ago) you will be faced with 2 weeks enforced quarantine in China and may also struggle to get health insurance. (If you are unlucky enough to catch Covid on the way to China and need treatment there you bill could be up to £100,000 - so not to be taken lightly.
    The alternative and safest way, as many on here have recommended, is to use a company to do the sourcing for you.

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 By: CHUKTC Member since: Jan 2, 2019