Need advice on importing clothing from China.

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by Ceaton, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Eugene Hill

Eugene Hill UKBF Contributor Free Member

30 4
    I think you should visit the Chinese embassy in your country. Let them know that you are willing to make business with a Chinese companies!
    I am sure they will provide you with every possible information and help to get it done! Please understand, no country says 'no' to trade and money. Embassy will also let you know the possible documents that are required.

Posted: Oct 16, 2018 By: Eugene Hill Member since: Oct 5, 2018
  2. Mike Godwin

Mike Godwin UKBF Contributor Free Member

83 16
    Hi Ceaton.
    Good luck with your new venture. If you want any help on the shipping/logistics side especially if you want to import GOH (Garments on Hangers) in containers then please let me know and I will give you as much help as I can.

Posted: Nov 5, 2018 By: Mike Godwin Member since: Mar 27, 2018
  3. LAK Store

LAK Store UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Hi,

You could always design clothes using Printful!

You design the clothing that you want to sell. Advertise it on your website set your profit margins and then when someone buys from you you go back onto printful website and purchase the clothing at the printful price and type in customer details and then they send it to the customer.

You get the profits that you make and they post the clothing for you!

I have listed some clothing on my website LAK Store. co uk" I also advertise on my LAK Store facebook page.

Posted: Nov 17, 2018 By: LAK Store Member since: Nov 17, 2018
  4. website-designer

website-designer UKBF Newcomer Free Member

23 1
    I'd suggest using Printful too, you can make smaller order quantities, much less startup costs than potentially long waits from China combined with potentially poorer quality garments.

How do you plan on marketing your business? Actually getting customers? Arguably most important part of any business really, especially in a fashion business, a very, very busy market.

Posted: Dec 4, 2018 By: website-designer Member since: Dec 4, 2018
  5. eOffset Promotion

eOffset Promotion UKBF Newcomer Free Member

6 1
    Nowadays I would suggest buying cloths from Turkey because of price-quality ratios.

Posted: Dec 21, 2018 By: eOffset Promotion Member since: Dec 14, 2018
  6. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

13,774 1,507
    Which country do you suggest for getting the clothing made in from that? And would it be cheaper to get the manufacturer to arrange their own cloths?

Posted: Dec 21, 2018 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  7. eOffset Promotion

eOffset Promotion UKBF Newcomer Free Member

6 1
    Actually, It depends on quantity, quality, and your location. I would love to share our experiences.

Let's think a high-quality product. You will need cheap transportation and good prices. Turkey is closer to the UK and you can easily compare prices with China and I am sure that you will have the best prices from Turkey for the cotton products. Also, transportation time is another subject. I have some customers who need t-shirts to be in the UK in 1-2 weeks. I suggest Turkey because of these causes.

I can help with custom printed t-shirts, worker clothing, raincoats, hats, vets and labels. We're doing promotional product business and textile is a part of our sector.

Posted: Dec 21, 2018 By: eOffset Promotion Member since: Dec 14, 2018
  8. Johan Sjogren

Johan Sjogren UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Really start with selling and see if anyone want to buy what you sell. Dont buy from China before you know you can do it. Just print one tshirt and sell that one, and see if you can sell it. If you are successful you can deal with company registration and import later. Just start with sell first.

Posted: Dec 29, 2018 By: Johan Sjogren Member since: Dec 29, 2018
  9. CHUKTC

CHUKTC UKBF Contributor Free Member

76 11
    If you really want to set up your own brand and design of clothing then China is a great place to do it. Why? - firstly they have huge capacity and experience, second there are big savings compared to UK prices - even for bespoke individual clothing outlets. Thirdly the exchange rate is good and likely to get better over the coming months. Fourth they are now a sophisticated advanced economy with a skillful manufacturing base capable of producing innovative designs for you. My advice is don't wait take the plunge and start making contact. If you don't speak the language well and don't know china then engage a consultant to help you. It doesn't cost a fortune and can save you thousands. To look at it another way it's like employing a plumber to fix a burst pipe vs taking a day off work and doing it your self! For most people the choice is obvious.

Posted: Jan 4, 2019 By: CHUKTC Member since: Jan 2, 2019
  10. Rafael A

Rafael A UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 0
    Hi, I hope I'm not gonna change the subject too much but I have a question, if you see a shirt on Alibaba with Hawaiian design, for example, you like it, you talk with them, then maybe you will find other colours too and start ordering/selling them with your brand.
    What about if person x will do exactly the same thing as you and you will be in the position of having the same product as the Person X on your website? how we can sort this out?

Thank you

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 By: Rafael A Member since: Oct 15, 2018
  11. Ben F

Ben F UKBF Newcomer Free Member

16 2
    Hope you got your point, I want to share something for you.
    When making your choice as to how you are going to import, you will need to decide whether to handle logistics by yourself or outsource the work to a freight forwarder.

When importing from China your main options are air and sea. If your business needs to transport large quantities but there is no pressure to deliver quickly, shipping by sea may be suitable. However, if you require your items quickly and with higher levels of security, shipping by air might be more appropriate.

If you are importing smaller items you may want to look at importing by post. All goods arriving into the UK by post from China must be declared to HM Revenue & Customs. The sender must attach a completed declaration form CN22 or CN23. Goods worth more than £2,000 need a full Single Administrative Document declaration.

Posted: Jan 20, 2019 By: Ben F Member since: Nov 29, 2018
  12. Haindiary

Haindiary UKBF Contributor Free Member

31 0
    If you order through Printpool, how long will it be? Long delivery can discourage your customers to order the next time. If you certainly do not warn them about it in advance. It is easier to be a seller when everything is in your hands, and not to wait for delivery and be responsible for the quality of the goods of another supplier. But this reduces costs to the roots and you get a net profit.

Posted: Jan 29, 2019 By: Haindiary Member since: Jan 14, 2019