General Business Forum Brought to you by Total Gas & Power

Need 30 Businesses for Free Advertising

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Siobhan_Jones, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siobhan_Jones

Siobhan_Jones UKBF Newcomer Free Member

51 11
    Hi, I'm Siobhan Jones, I've created a website to help raise money for charities. It works in quite a unique way and is ideal for the economy in its current state.

Charities have seen a 30% decline in donations recently; my service provides a great solution that will benefit the businesses that participate.

I want businesses to advertise on my website, it’s free for users of the UK Business Forum (max. 30 businesses) in return for a testimonial. Normally, the advertiser would have to pay for the advert.

How It Works
    Your business will receive customers through my website. You will need to donate 10% of the profit you make from these extra customers to a registered charity. You get to keep 90% of the profit.

This doesn’t affect your normal trade; your obligation is to donate the money from only these extra customers from my website.

I would like a variety of businesses to participate, especially those aimed at the consumer market as I plan a major publicity drive through the media that should attract a great number of consumers.

The adverts are arranged in a pixel system, I could have chosen a directory method but thought pixel advertising was more fun for the user, especially, in the first year of the service.

You will be entitled to £120 worth FREE ad space. You can have a larger area but would need to pay for the extra space.

As your business will be amongst the first on the site when the publicity campaign starts you will be one of the biggest gainers.

I’ve been working with a PR/Marketing expert to maximise the publicity, my aim is to attract 1 million regular buyers world-wide through this site by year 3.

Whether I succeed in this endeavour only time will tell but I will try my best. It’s a great concept that everyone can support.

We all buy goods and services as consumers and as businesses owners. If you had a choice to buy from suppliers who kept all the profits they made to themselves and those who gave some to charity, if the price and the quality was the same, which would you choose?

That’s the question I’ll be asking everyone in the UK, the US, Canada and Australia through the media, and let them answer.

Please visit my site One A Year Campaign (doesn't allow me to submit URL's) for more details. If you are interested in participating please message me. It won’t cost you anything, you can only gain.

Thank You.:D

Siobhan

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 By: Siobhan_Jones Member since: Nov 13, 2008
  2. YODspica

YODspica UKBF Newcomer Free Member

906 49
    good idea.

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 By: YODspica Member since: Oct 11, 2008
  3. neildigital

neildigital UKBF Ace Full Member

2,128 291
    Great idea, pm sent...

Neil

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 By: neildigital Member since: Apr 30, 2007
  4. Bathead

Bathead UKBF Newcomer Free Member

985 81
    I like the idea. Sent you a PM.

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 By: Bathead Member since: Apr 4, 2005
  5. Calibre Designs

Calibre Designs UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,868 352
    Great idea and we do like donating to charities.
    Please count us in if you will except a design and marketing company.

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 By: Calibre Designs Member since: Sep 12, 2007
  6. Textlocal

Textlocal UKBF Regular Full Member

348 49
    A fantastic idea!! :)

Please add me to the list (http://www.txtlocal.com)

I will pass ~ 40% of profit generated for the life of any customer passed to us. This can add up to an extraordinary amount of money!

So, every time a business purchases a bundle of SMS text messages from us, I will pass you money at the following rates:

100 £1.60
    200 £3.20
    500 £7.60
    1,000 £13.20
    5,000 £57.60
    10,000 £72.80
    25,000 £132.00
    50,000 £172.00

Please PM me if interested.

Also, next week I will be launching http://www.lightningcards.co.uk and will happily pass you 50p from each of these cards too (just adding another 15 categories over the next few days, including Xmas and New Year). :)

Good luck with the project,

Alastair
    Txtlocal Ltd

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
    Posted: Nov 23, 2008 By: Textlocal Member since: Aug 28, 2005
  7. willitbe

willitbe UKBF Newcomer Free Member

785 142
    Yes we like this sort of idea.We have just the products for this kind of venture.

Please PM me .

TxTlocal...Is CEO not a little bit OTT?

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 By: willitbe Member since: Aug 25, 2008
  8. Textlocal

348 49
    Sorry, was pasted from email - should have edited for the forum. :(

In some situations, using the title does have benefit (after all, since I joined this forum 2 years ago as a bedroom startup things have moved on somewhat!!!).

9. glennmid101

glennmid101 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

219 8
    Hi Siobhan, a good idea, and look at the tax implication of charitable donations by companies.

Regards
    Glenn

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 By: glennmid101 Member since: Nov 12, 2007
  10. gtspeed

gtspeed UKBF Contributor Free Member

38 2
    pm sent sound good

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 By: gtspeed Member since: May 19, 2008
  11. LINGsCARS

LINGsCARS Banned

1,774 413
    Let's get real you lot.

She can't give this away for free! Siobhan, nice try - but as ever you want money for nothing.

This website will only host the adverts for 1-year, before you have to pay again.

There are UK, Aus, Canada and US versions.

A 100 pixel block is £30 (no mention of vat), so the 1,000,000px available per year will net the site £300k. Multiply this by 4 countries and you get £1.2m per year. As a gesture, the owner says she will donate 10% of the £1.2m per annum to charity. Big deal :)

Now, forgive me, but how much does anyone think the participating businesses will donate to charity from this site? Not £1.2m per year, I will tell you! Apart from anything, you will have no way of telling (in reality) where the customers came from.

Let's get real, with regard to GT Speeds reply above, who thinks anyone who wants a bathroom in Spennymoor (for God's sake) will come via this site?

Apart from all that, this is just a rip off of MDHP, and as ever the upload of pics is much worse than it should be. There has been no thought put into it.

Read the FAQ!:

Is this website not-for-profit?

No. It's a normal business.

What will you do if you find out a business failed to donate to charity?

They will be warned and given a chance to fulfil their obligation. If they still fail to comply we will ban them from advertising in the future.

hahahahaha! big deal!!!!! As if... I wet my pants laughing at this rubbish.

There are no adverts currently on the sites, so... go ahead punks, make my day, upload your adverts! Hahahaha. Give your money to some business "to help charities"! Let's see your adverts up there! Come on!

You won't see me!

You are all talking while (for some of you, no names and I hate to be cruel) Rome is burning!

Nutters, all of you.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2008
    Posted: Nov 23, 2008 By: LINGsCARS Member since: Feb 16, 2007
  12. Textlocal

348 49
    Ling,

I would be happy to pay a proportion of some business that I *might* get from this.... than not get the business at all.

Can't see there is anything to lose! Any new business that comes to us has the potential of spreading word of mouth to others - so my philosophy is to never turn down a free opportunity :)

Al

13. LINGsCARS

LINGsCARS Banned

1,774 413
    It is currently free because it is absolutely worthless.

She hasn't even bothered buying the AU or CA addresses.

Try Googling the title as words, you get nowhere near this site.

The only One A Year the owner has in mind is One Million Pounds a Year for herself.

14. thedesigntailor

thedesigntailor UKBF Newcomer Free Member

786 86
    If it works then great if not then nothing lost.

If it was me I would do away with the pixel system. Pixels cost nothing and the advertising is then all bundeled together.

Much better to give each business a profile page and charge more for higher listings. This means it can be search for or filtered too then making it easier for the user.

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 By: thedesigntailor Member since: Apr 30, 2008
  15. LINGsCARS

LINGsCARS Banned

1,774 413
    This is just a directory by another name. Every day someone wants to start one of them, this one (instead of that Cambridge adventure) spans the globe though :)

Not only that, but as a bonus after paying to advertise, you get to give away 10% of your profit too! Great! Then she gives away a further 10% of the money advertisers have paid her! Double great!

This forum falls into two definite camps, those who lap up every hair brained scheme as "great, superb, wonderful", and the side I occupy which I think is more rooted in the real world.

No offence, but you are all mental. Or is it just Sunday and you have all come over religious? Mention "charity" and everyone is so enthusiastic. I am willing to bet less than £1 will ever get to any charity from this scheme, which is almost thievery in playing on the "charity" angle.

If the word "charity" was not included and if it was not currently "free", would anyone truly say anything kind? It's rubbish.

Grabbing at free straws.

16. willitbe

willitbe UKBF Newcomer Free Member

785 142
    Ling. Sometimes you are so subtle, i struggle to know what you really mean.... :0

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 By: willitbe Member since: Aug 25, 2008
  17. thedesigntailor

thedesigntailor UKBF Newcomer Free Member

786 86
    Ling the point is - People can go to this directory and know that 10% of what they buy will go to a good cause. Therefore people can feel good about what they spend.

Simple physiology.

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 By: thedesigntailor Member since: Apr 30, 2008
  18. LINGsCARS

LINGsCARS Banned

1,774 413
    Top Referrals

The Top 10 Referrals for One A Year Campaign ordered by Hits.

Yesterdays Top 10 Referrals

1. oneayearcampaign.com 12
    ukbusinessforums.co.uk 1
    google.co.uk 1

Alltime Top 10 Referrals Highscore

1. oneayearcampaign.com 29
    2. ukbusinessforums.co.uk 10
    3. google.co.uk 6
    whois.domaintools.com 3
    5. uk.youtube.com 2
    6. whois.sc 1
    7. iwebtool.com 1

----
    Doing well - expect big bucks from this.

6 hits in total from Google - it is truly difficult to achieve a number so low.

Your confidence is inspiring.

How many click throughs will they get from the list above? - not many :)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  19. downsouth

downsouth UKBF Ace Free Member

1,067 122
    I quite like the idea, will mean lots of PR work to really get it off the ground.

As always theres going to be that 'element' of people/business who wont contribute anything of the profits to charity, but thats life.

Sign me up, PM sent. :)

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 By: downsouth Member since: May 16, 2008
  20. scribe

scribe UKBF Newcomer Free Member

659 171
    I'm new to this Forum, so please forgive me, i don't wish to tread on any-ones toes. LingsCars has made /raised a few good points and at the moment the OP
    has'nt replied to any Whynot?.

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 By: scribe Member since: Nov 21, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.