General Business Forum Brought to you by Salesforce

Naughty School Girl Night

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by callumclarke, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike.davis

mike.davis UKBF Newcomer Free Member

749 156
    That wasn't posted in the wrong section, this pub is not the OPs pub, he is attempting to run promotions and marketing for the family member who owns the pub.

It's not his first questionable idea, and it's not the first one he has dismissed all advice on
    http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=187395

Posted: Jan 12, 2011 By: mike.davis Member since: Jul 28, 2010
  2. callumclarke

callumclarke UKBF Newcomer Free Member

54 3
    Advice is given, Advice is considered, Advice does not mean it has to turn into action. From the Advice a couple of people have given me on this forum, I might as well not promote, shut the doors and give up. Im sorry just becuase you say it wont work, does not mean it wont.

We shall wait until 4th of Feb, We shall see how many i get, I will even post the pictures on the facebook page, just so you know i am telling the truth.

I dont even need to prove myself to people who cast their views, then because i dont take there views and stick by their views, get told that i have no idea how it works.

And all this, you dont have no exp, Take many of the major companies i.e Virgin they have stepped into the unknown, see the risks and as long as the risks are not make or break, then they go for it. Hence Screw it - lets do it!

So after 7 events now, i think i am in a postion to say your views are not right!

Posted: Jan 12, 2011 By: callumclarke Member since: Dec 31, 2008
  3. Mike W

Mike W UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

1,565 358
    Callum, I agree. If you firmly believe in something, then definitely go with it.

Personally, as long as you market it well, I think you'll have a great and successful night.

But good, bad or indifferent, I don't think it'll have the negative effect that some of the doom-mongers suggest. And even if 1 or 2 or put off by it, they'll get over it, I'm sure.

Good luck!

Mike

Posted: Jan 12, 2011 By: Mike W Member since: Aug 19, 2010
  4. mike.davis

749 156
    Of course you don't have to listen to people on this forum, you're a 21 year old know it all who has no experience in business - why would you listen to experienced people.

It's quite clear the only reason you are promoting this pubs events is because you know the owner - not due to experience or knowledge.

5. Cobby

Cobby UKBF Ace Free Member

4,098 859
    So he comes here to ask advice on a specific matter and instead gets a flea in his ear from some out-of-touch oldies eager to declare the fall of civilisation based on the planning of a pub theme night.

Let's all try to be a little nicer and less condescending, hey? ;)

Posted: Jan 12, 2011 By: Cobby Member since: Oct 28, 2009
  6. Consistency

Consistency Banned

8,214 1,545
    Yes Sir!........:)

I don't think I am an out of touch oldie because I see something perverse about glamourising underage sex, I think perhaps the promoter of a naughty schoolgirl night is an inexperienced youngie. He may have a daughter himself one day and feel different.

Posted: Jan 12, 2011 By: Consistency Member since: May 21, 2010
  7. Cobby

4,098 859
    It's more telling that you see it as glamorising under-age sex instead of being about nostalgia for youngsters not a decade out of school. I agree he's probably misnamed the event, but there's no real problem otherwise. By all means, jump to conclusions and interpret it as you see fit, but blinkered, self-righteous, tabloid-esque reactions aren't really relevant to the thread, sorry. :D

8. Consistency

Consistency Banned

8,214 1,545
    If a naughty school girl night is done for nostaligia, why is the concentration on the supposed and desired sex theme of it or is it nostalgia from when these men were having sex with underage girls and the parents did not know or turned a blind eye so as not to face prosecution?

Nostalgia to me is something that takes you back to certain days such as vinyl records, the rubiks cube. From what I remember of naughty school girls they were nothing like what is portrayed, they wore trousers and a parker coat and trainers. No white socks or frilly knickers or lolipop sucking in sight.

9. LeonReed

LeonReed UKBF Newcomer Free Member

92 8
    All I would say is that I personally feel the event if its just 'naughty schoolgirls' is going to isolate couples from attending. I mean your not going to go out with your GF/partner/wife etc with just her dressed up. A naughty school event would encourage a lot more people imo. Just having females dressing up is like a hen do and its going to attract groups of fellas. Make it a theme for both sexes and it should be a laugh. The theme is always going to draw different responses from people but as long as theres no under age in there and its done tastefully....if that's possible, then it may be a winner but just having it for females is going to draw a lot of males that your not going to want at the event.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
    Posted: Jan 12, 2011 By: LeonReed Member since: Dec 19, 2007
  10. mike.davis

749 156
    Well firstly i'm 28 not an "out-of-touch oldie" my comment was more based on the OPs naivety and lack of experience than his age, and secondly advice was given and once again just like the other thread the OP started he didn't even attempt to consider peoples opinions, his immediate thoughts were "I know better"

And the reason this post was met with such hostility by me and a couple of others is because in another thread he refused to accept advice from people who were in the industry he was asking questions about. His arrogance warrants the replies he has got.

11. Cobby

4,098 859
    See, you're doing it again. Where does he say it's a sex party? For all you know it's the same level of bawdyness as carry-on films and they seemed quite acceptable to your generation. You seem quite obsessed with the sex aspect of it and that's an unhealthy sign; you're starting to look like a crazed protester.

Yeah. As someone else said, calling it a St. Trinian's night gets the message across without the implied exclusion factor.

12. Consistency

Consistency Banned

8,214 1,545
    Crazed protesters are not always wrong! Not to say that I am one.

I would not think it so perverted if the words naughty with its sexual connetations was linked with schoolgirls. Naughty nurses and Dirty Doctors are adults but to hear schoolgorls brought into this is I think immoral.

He may not have said it was a sex party but the word naughty in a night out, surely he does not mean bashing an oldie on the way home, smoking where they are not supposed to, glassing the bloke who looks at them the wrong way. These are all undesirable and no fun in the eyes that fancy schoolgirls.

13. MoonlightEnts

MoonlightEnts UKBF Newcomer Free Member

100 20
    As a club promoter myself, i have to say this name is terrible.

A little more thought about the name is very important. Remember the name of your event will be on all flyers/posters etc .

As you can see the name of the event has raised concern on this forum, so imagine what it will do to your potential customers?!?

Everyone seems to be running club nights and events nowadays, but very few are going about it the right way!

Posted: Jan 13, 2011 By: MoonlightEnts Member since: Apr 27, 2010
  14. alexft

alexft UKBF Regular Free Member

357 11
    Where is party taking place? Sounds like fun. I went to an event called something like back to school naughty night and it was fun. Some school girls, some students, some middle age, no one cared and was fun.

From what i noticed most pub spenders are middle age pub goers. They might not be so keen to visit same pub where others saw them making out with naughty girls, guys. Also privacy concerns. How big is the town?

So perhaps best to hire separate venue to try it. Make it like some Ibiza sex party by invitation only :) One main dance floor lounge, large bar and rooms for making out. In London elite swingers clubs charge around 80 GBP or something like that per ticket. That if u plan to invite only adults.

Other than that i remember underground rave parties were popular. Invite mates, ask them to invite others, money via paypal and hey post the pics :D Apple pie presents beta house might give you more ideas.

Posted: Jan 13, 2011 By: alexft Member since: Oct 30, 2007
  15. Consistency

Consistency Banned

8,214 1,545
    Sounds like a filthy brothel and a sleazy free for all with a bit of music and a few drinks as a cover up.

That is one party I would be happy not to be invited to.

Posted: Jan 13, 2011 By: Consistency Member since: May 21, 2010
  16. estwig

estwig UKBF Legend Free Member

12,411 4,365
    So you reckon it could be as good, as that place in Whitechapel you where telling me about??

Posted: Jan 13, 2011 By: estwig Member since: Sep 29, 2006
  17. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

1,607 245
    estwig,

On a point of information I understand it was Shoreditch.

Posted: Jan 13, 2011 By: Minuteman Press Member since: Dec 8, 2007
  18. estwig

estwig UKBF Legend Free Member

12,411 4,365
    No Consistency definitely told me Whitechapel, he even has a map with directions!

He never mentioned a place in Shoreditch.

Posted: Jan 13, 2011 By: estwig Member since: Sep 29, 2006
  19. Cobby

4,098 859
    I wouldn't think this would be the target market. It's possible the venue is near a uni and the event aimed at students - he did mention feedback via facebook. Such nights tend to be very popular with that demographic.

Posted: Jan 13, 2011 By: Cobby Member since: Oct 28, 2009
  20. antropy

antropy OpenCart Experts Full Member - Verified Business

3,612 618
    Just out of interest, when and where is this event? lol!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
    Posted: Jan 13, 2011 By: antropy Member since: Aug 2, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.