Min Wage increase

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by BizGurl, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee Jones Jnr

Lee Jones Jnr UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3,751 736
    Including the self employed?

Posted: May 8, 2011 By: Lee Jones Jnr Member since: Dec 6, 2009
  2. Lee Jones Jnr

Lee Jones Jnr UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3,751 736
    You've obviously never made a cress-head!

Posted: May 8, 2011 By: Lee Jones Jnr Member since: Dec 6, 2009
  3. Silky

Silky UKBF Ace Full Member

1,170 210
    I've given up on this for the same reason. If hmmm isn't a 15 year old playing on mum's computer (betrayed by the poor spelling and lack of grammar) then I suspect he's one of those struggling to get a job paying the NMW and his jealousy's showing.

Just for the record hmmm (and as mentioned by Dawg), many eastern bloc states aimed for equality in wages, with a labourer earning the same as a doctor and houses allocated according to family size and need rather than money. What happens? Those who studied either got out quick, used the national budget to train and then use their skills where they'd be appreciated; or alternatively they didn't train at all - why put the effort in unless you're rewarded?

Why on earth are you on a business forum hmmm?

Silky

Posted: May 8, 2011 By: Silky Member since: Oct 29, 2007
  4. hmmm

hmmm UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,722 127
    i dont remember saying all have the same wages once.obviously you have problems reading which makes my lack of grammar look not to bad....
    im not here to show grammar .as long as you can read it then there isnt an issue .please dont try to bore me with words of trolls lack of grammar ages of being 15 it really wont work with me ...

you live in the stone age and are worried by new things....
    the fact is this those that think the nmw is to high have no business period..
    those that think they are bigger than a country and feel they can hold it to ransom with the threat of going abroad ,you cant as i say go then..
    we have people with great skills here that can and will replace you
    where are you going to go?

ive done many jobs in my past and i can safely tell you there are plenty of office numpties in this world and the work its self is cushy compared to some low paid jobs....
    your logic in pay is blinded by this notion that wearing a shirt makes you different ..i have news for you it doesnt......

and if you really believe that there are only a few capable of running a business then your also wrong..the talent in this country that is needed to run a business is far from rare..very far from rare
    i hear talk of demand for this worker or that worker and that there rare this also is not true....
    there is far to many people in this country and i feel some under estimate how clever people are and can be...

you may try to guess what i do or what i have done if you choose i dont mind it makes no difference to me being here..

you confuse reward with greed..
    not once have i said noone should be rewarded..all i have said is the level

believe me im far from jealous ,i have alot more about me than to be jealous of money.zzzzzzzzzzzzz please dont bore me with school yard chat

Last edited: May 8, 2011
    Posted: May 8, 2011 By: hmmm Member since: Apr 14, 2011
  5. Podge

Podge UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,154 367
    I think most would agree that the country if not fooked yet is on the way to being so. From all the threads about nmw and benefit scroungers I've yet to see anybody offer a viable idea of how we might get ourselves out of the mess were in.

The nmw will not be scrapped or lowered so it's no good saying this is what's needed because it's not going to happen, same with stopping peoples benefits. So let's look for viable options rather than what we would like to see. It's not rocket science to see that the cost of living in this country is adding to the problems we already have so it would seem to me if we could bring the cost of living down it would be a step in the right direction.

With that in mind what about rent caps?

Posted: May 8, 2011 By: Podge Member since: Jan 13, 2011
  6. elecpack

elecpack UKBF Newcomer Free Member

10 0
    your wage depand on your experience,and i don't think to set up the national mini wage is a good rule in some way,maybe it would protect some people tend into poverty,it would be a chance to a bad boss to ask a newcomer to do more work and get the mini wage,but the newcomer is experienced in the area!

Posted: May 8, 2011 By: elecpack Member since: May 8, 2011
  7. roydmoorian

roydmoorian UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

1,953 342
    I have a simple answer to bring down the cost of living - alter the planning laws sufficiently to reduce the value of building land by 75%.

This would reduce new rents and new mortgage payments at a stroke.

There is very little to be done about the rising cost of food, previous governments have decreed that there will always be surpluses availble on the world market and have allowed UK agriculture to enter a downward spiral over the past 20 years - skills have been lost and the internet has shown those who would have happily been working a 7 day week that leisure is a human right.

Oil is also an import over which we have little cost control (other than the taxation ).

But the cost of housing is kept artificially high by this country's planning laws.

Posted: May 8, 2011 By: roydmoorian Member since: Nov 6, 2009
  8. hmmm

1,722 127
    i see future farming as we know it almost non existent...
    earth changes are going to test us on food...
    this i believe possibly will become the number one issue and nmw will not be high on the list of need.

9. sirearl

sirearl UKBF Legend Free Member

29,807 6,643
    Unfortunately it would also have a dramatic effect on existing owners property values,

Land has been the most valuable commodity in the UK for many years.

Hence on average people pay 45% of there income on providing a home and less than 15% on food.

Land reform will never happen far to many vested interests.

Unless we have a revolution which is what the country needs IMHO.:D

Earl

Posted: May 8, 2011 By: sirearl Member since: Apr 23, 2007
  10. roydmoorian

roydmoorian UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

1,953 342
    Never suggested it would be easy - just simple :D

However a certain amount of new flexibility built into future planning legislation, similar to the phasing out (re-structuring ) of state pensions could be applied;)

Posted: May 8, 2011 By: roydmoorian Member since: Nov 6, 2009
  11. Silky

Silky UKBF Ace Full Member

1,170 210
    I lose track of what you're saying because you're unable to write coherently.

That's the point, I can't read it - neither can others judging from some earlier comments, a few people have had to question you over the meaning.

You're the one extolling a system based on one that has long since been rejected by the majority of those who tried something similar. It's called communism.

Sigh, this is hard work.
    I don't think the nmw too high, I think it's necessary to stop exploitation.
    I don't think there should be the wage cap you suggest, it's simply ridiculous.
    I'm not going anywhere thank you, I'm not actually complaining about the system, just one of its "products" posting on this thread.

Did you manage to hold any of the jobs down? You still fail to answer the question about your business...

Your "news" holds no credibility I'm afraid unless you learn to support it with a rational and convincing argument. Which of course you haven't ...

Who said I believed that? I didn't, in fact look at another thread where I've said the opposite. That doesn't however mean that everyone is capable of the same and should be placed in a similar band of wages. In fact I think you're proving the opposite point admirably without even realising.

And what do you do exactly? I still hold onto the 15 year old suggestion...

You'll probably get plenty of that when you go back there tomorrow...

Isn't it time to go play on your X-box or feed your plants on Farmville?

Silky

Posted: May 8, 2011 By: Silky Member since: Oct 29, 2007
  12. hmmm

1,722 127
    ive never played an x box but do know some intelligent well paid fellows that have. whats farmville?

my answers are mixed in with yours comments

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  13. hmmm

1,722 127
    the managing director of john lewis on bbc news..

now theres a man that talks sencse

14. jacksonian

jacksonian UKBF Contributor Free Member

61 2
    And who FACILITATES the place and opportunity for the employee to work in the first place?

Posted: Jul 3, 2016 By: jacksonian Member since: Mar 2, 2013
  15. beasty

beasty , Full Member - Verified Business

2,105 521
    People who argue about the minimum wage are welcome to fk off is my view, if that is all you aspire to, your opinion means SFA.

Minimum wage jobs are transitional or SHOULD BE, for teenagers and students, if you are complaining you cannot live off it as a career, have a word with yourself

Posted: Jul 3, 2016 By: beasty Member since: Feb 4, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.