Manufacturing Note books

Discussion in 'International Business' started by Christopher Magee, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Christopher Magee

Christopher Magee UKBF Newcomer Free Member

6 0
    Hi,

I need a manuacturer that can produce simple note books used for sports teams, template pitches and note sections mostly black and white?

Can anyone help locate a manufacturer that can produce this for me for a good price?

Chris.

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 By: Christopher Magee Member since: Feb 5, 2018
  2. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

7,454 777
    Alibaba

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  3. GraemeL

GraemeL Pain in the neck? Full Member - Verified Business

4,899 1,046
    Hello Chris,
    There are not many factories left and those that remain will probably have a high moq for a 'special' order, as yours is, because machine set up is very costly.
    Try http://hamelinbrands.co.uk/

Graeme

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 By: GraemeL Member since: Sep 7, 2011
  4. MY OFFICE IN CHINA

MY OFFICE IN CHINA UKBF Big Shot Full Member

3,675 727
    The challenge will be to find a manufacturer that will take on your order requirements, if they are below their current quantities.

Feel free to send me a message via the website below if you need any advice or assistance.

Ron

Posted: Mar 9, 2018 By: MY OFFICE IN CHINA Member since: Nov 16, 2011
  5. Maple Sourcing

Maple Sourcing UKBF Regular Full Member

318 67
    I'd suggest you source a LOCAL factory in UK, as per my experience, China is not competitive in printing industry, considering the shipment cost from China to UK.

It's understandable:
    1) In China, Most of high-end art papers are imported;
    2) Main cost is printing machine, which is same price everywhere;
    3) Less labors are needed.

Unless you require in a high QTY, if you need to customize your notebooks but the QTY is not large, it makes more sense to use a British printing factory nearby, to save shipment cost and communication hassle.

Posted: Mar 9, 2018 By: Maple Sourcing Member since: Oct 8, 2012
  6. Chris Ashdown

Chris Ashdown UKBF Legend Free Member

9,240 1,877
    Maybe just print pages for a small A5 Filofax folder, you can also include extra pages like rules, history and so on and sell updates every year just of the pages you produce so they don't have to buy the full Filofax again

Posted: Mar 9, 2018 By: Chris Ashdown Member since: Dec 7, 2003
  7. ashbash

ashbash UKBF Regular Free Member

126 40
    try A Local Printer...yes that's their name, based in Storrington in West Sussex, good website with variety of choices

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 By: ashbash Member since: Jan 26, 2011
  8. Lawson@CBF

[email protected] UKBF Contributor Free Member

78 7
    Adam Le Grand @ CBF is your man. 01452 346833 [email protected]

He heads up the project team for all things print. If he can't help produce it then he will know someone I'm sure.

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 By: [email protected] Member since: Jun 30, 2008
  9. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

1,608 245
    Chris - feel free to email the rough spec / volume and we can provide a quotation.

Posted: Mar 13, 2018 By: Minuteman Press Member since: Dec 8, 2007
  10. Ecowritingtablet

Ecowritingtablet UKBF Contributor Free Member

42 2
    well, there are hunderds of printing factories in wenzhou city, china. just try to locate them.

Posted: Mar 15, 2018 By: Ecowritingtablet Member since: Mar 14, 2018
  11. The next Steve Jobs

The next Steve Jobs UKBF Regular Free Member

175 11
    The cost of print on demand has come down in recent years, certainly worth a look even if only to produce sales samples to show to potential customers.

Getting the artwork and layout right is often a struggle in itself, having a few physical samples in your hand via POD will be worth it's weight in gold when it comes to outsourcing large print runs.

*lm in the process of producing a dozen or so books, it can be hard to find the right print partner.

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 By: The next Steve Jobs Member since: Mar 19, 2018
  12. Frankngai

Frankngai UKBF Regular Free Member

109 9
    If it's small qty, it's better to buy from UK. Only a big order is worth sourcing from China. The leadtime, cost of transportation,insurance,Custom's duty,etc. are really high nowadays.

Posted: Mar 26, 2018 By: Frankngai Member since: Mar 9, 2012