MacMail on iPhone help

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by Lucky8, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Lucky8

Lucky8 UKBF Regular Free Member

248 30
    Not ecommerce as such, but can't find where else to post this.

I need to be notified immediately when emails from one particular sender comes in to my MacMail on my iphone. So this means, even when I'm not "in Mail" and it's not my active app, when my phone's in sleep, when I'm in another app, etc. I just want a notification to ping up just as text messages or voicemails do. But no matter what I've tried, it doesn't happen.

Any ideas anyone?

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 By: Lucky8 Member since: Jan 17, 2019
  2. kevin.doran

kevin.doran UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

2,520 481
  3. fc-ramon

fc-ramon UKBF Contributor Free Member

46 7
    I presume by "MacMail" on your iphone you mean the default mail app thats bundled in IOS.

Main things that pop into my mind are notification settings and mail box sync settings. It's been ages since i've owned an iphone but try to have a look at the settings to see how they are. Most sync settings are between every minute to 15 minutes (This is how often your phone checks with the email server to see if any new emails have come thru). If its not sync then could be the notification settings for the app. Do you have any other email accounts in the mail app, do those have the same issues?

Btw theres a I.T & Internet section of the forum where questions like this are better suited :)

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 By: fc-ramon Member since: Nov 6, 2020
  4. Lucky8

248 30
    Posted: Jan 12, 2021 By: Lucky8 Member since: Jan 17, 2019
  5. Lucky8

248 30
    [QUOTE="Main things that pop into my mind are notification settings and mail box sync settings. It's been ages since i've owned an iphone but try to have a look at the settings to see how they are. Most sync settings are between every minute to 15 minutes... Do you have any other email accounts in the mail app, do those have the same issues?

Btw theres a I.T & Internet section of the forum where questions like this are better suited :)[/QUOTE]

My push sync settings are set to automatically, which I presumed would mean they are pushed to the app as soon as they come in. That only seems to be the case if the app is active. If it's not, they're not pushed, but all buffer up and are pushed as soon as the app is activated. I don't have any other email accounts set up on the mail app.

Oops, I didn't scroll down enough, I didn't realise there were all those other sections, thanks!

6. Lucky8

248 30
    Mods - I'd move this to the IT thread if I knew how. Thank you.

7. fc-ramon

fc-ramon UKBF Contributor Free Member

46 7
    Hmm a bit odd - If you know your email login settings you might as well just uninstall the app and then re install it from the app store. That should load it up with the default notification and sync settings that should be fine.

Posted: Jan 12, 2021 By: fc-ramon Member since: Nov 6, 2020