London Iphone accessory seller facing problems

Discussion in 'Regional forums' started by Shaneharris, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Shaneharris

Shaneharris UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 0
    I am a small seller of the new iphone 5 accessories on ebay & have managed to come with a product that Apple said could not be manufactured by a third party.
    Upon launching its new iphone 5 Apple stated that the new accessories could only be used with genuine Apple adaptors. The Apple 'added authentication chip' to iPhone 5 cable & adaptors makes third-parties making cheaper versions impossible. (then charges you £30 for its own adapter)

The authentication chip appears to stop unauthorised cables being used with iPhone & iPhone 5 owners have been told not to purchase cheaper cables as it is likely they will not work.

This is a total lie by Apple & my adaptors work without any flaw & my customers have confirmed that this is value for money compared to greedy Apple charging over the odds for their adaptor. My adaptors have managed to overcome the authentication chip problem & buyers are enjoying their purchases.

In an attempt to shut me down they complained to ebay & removed my listings the first time. Then on Wednesday the 20th February they went all war & complained about all my iphone listings. As this is a complaint by the intellectual property owner, ebay without any investigation removed all my listings & suspended me for a week from trading. I was selling a Micro sim to Nano sim converter which had nothing to do with iphone which was also removed. I have so far sent an e-mail to Apple & have had no reply at all about what I have done.

Is there any way to take on Apple being so unfair & trying to have control over everything?
    I am not a rich person & am a sole trader just starting. I have built a good business relationship with a manufacturer in China who makes these quality products for iphones which are 100% compatible. I have seen large business sellers sell inferior items for the iphone 5 all day & unhappy customers leaving negative feedback when they end up with an item that cannot be used at all. They still manage to trade without being shut down by Apple or ebay.

Yet, I am selling a far superior product with 100% positive feedback from every single customer & Apple tries to shut me down. As far as I know it is not unlawful to sell an accessory for any phone as long as I mention that this is not made by Apple which I have already done. Is there any way out of this?
    Hope you can help,
    Best regards
    Warren Harris

Posted: Feb 24, 2013 By: Shaneharris Member since: Feb 21, 2013
  2. simon field

simon field UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

3,858 1,459
    You may be better posting this in the legal section, more peeps will see it there :)

Posted: Feb 24, 2013 By: simon field Member since: Feb 4, 2011
  3. Shaneharris

Shaneharris UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 0
    Thanks for the advise. I have just now posted this on the legal thread.

Posted: Feb 24, 2013 By: Shaneharris Member since: Feb 21, 2013