Local locksmith services website in Barnsley

Discussion in 'Website Reviews & Testing' started by Michael Beaumont, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Root 66 Woodshop

Root 66 Woodshop UKBF Big Shot Free Member

5,140 1,389
    I just love the signature too...

Employ ex forces they can work under pressure...

The OP clearly doesn't have an understanding on ex-forces... most ex-forces chaps i know work under pressure because they work for themselves... not because they work for someone lol... the ones that can't work under people... theres usually a pretty damn good reason for it

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 By: Root 66 Woodshop Member since: Nov 22, 2011
  2. Tin

Tin Just an SEO Staff Member

5,945 1,648
    I'm scepticle of this whole thread. Named 'Local locksmith services website in Barnsley' with a direct link to the site in the first post. Then a look at the frequency of times the main keyword is used both in the copy and in alt tags on images on the website.

I think the members have rumbled this one.

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 By: Tin Member since: Nov 14, 2005
  3. Opinion87

Opinion87 UKBF Regular Free Member

609 198
    I want to keep my mouth shut, but... if I was as bad at my job as the OP, they'd have to start calling me the Government or something.

https://www.seorch.uk/seo-sheffield.html

"SEO" appears 119 times on a single page. Brilliant.

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 By: Opinion87 Member since: Jul 1, 2015
  4. Michael Beaumont

Michael Beaumont UKBF Contributor Free Member

59 5
    Thanks for nothing brains of UKBF, I took a dump with more useful content than what's been posted on here. Web professionals, what a joke you have proved yourselves to be.

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 By: Michael Beaumont Member since: Sep 9, 2019
  5. simon field

simon field UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

5,311 1,974
    Ah come on Michael. Don’t go!

Have a look back through the website review section and you’ll see that you got some really good pointers and got off relatively lightly tbh.

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 By: simon field Member since: Feb 4, 2011
  6. Awinner2

Awinner2 UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

529 130
    Well, that was an entertaining waste of 4.77 mins!

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 By: Awinner2 Member since: Aug 4, 2017
  7. Opinion87

Opinion87 UKBF Regular Free Member

609 198
    This would have been much better if you'd said "dump" 47 times.

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 By: Opinion87 Member since: Jul 1, 2015
  8. The Byre

The Byre UKBF Legend Full Member

10,827 4,632
    In your opening statement, your website refers to you and your company some 18 times. It refers to the customer twice.

We do this, we do that, we do the other. That's known as MBA - Manufacturer Belly-Aching.

The ratios should be the other way about - When YOU do this, when YOU do that, when YOU do the other.

So rule number one - Talk about the customer and not about yourself!

Where's the headline? Where's that one statement that sums up and catches the eye?

Number three - Why? Why should I call you now? Why you and why now?

To sum up - instead of writing MBA statements about yourselves, tell the customer how wonderful and easy it is to get new doors and windows fitted.

Example of bad copy - We can fit brand new, maintenance-free, composite doors to your home anywhere in Barnsley along with a brand new made to measure door frame that is designed along with the door to keep you safe and secure inside. You can choose your new composite front door from hundreds of designs on our composite door designer page.

Better copy - You can have brand new, maintenance-free, composite doors fitted to your home anywhere in Barnsley along with your new, made-to-measure door frame that will keep you, your family and your valuables safe and secure. Choose your new door from hundreds of designs [here].

And that was one of the better paragraphs!

So here's a constructive suggestion from me to you - Buy a copy of 'Making Ads Pay' by John Caples. Do that NOW! It's all about writing copy for mail-order - but that equates directly to the online world and Caples up-dated the book ten years ago.

You might also do well to get a copy of 'Ogilvy on Advertising' by David Ogilvy.

I'm sorry that you feel hard-done-by here, but perhaps you will come away from this experience, albeit with feathers somewhat ruffled, but at least you now know which direction to take!

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 By: The Byre Member since: Aug 13, 2013
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • List
  9. simon field

simon field UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

5,311 1,974
    ^^^ SOLID ^^^

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 By: simon field Member since: Feb 4, 2011
  10. Root 66 Woodshop

Root 66 Woodshop UKBF Big Shot Free Member

5,140 1,389
    *giggles*

Not one to point out simple mistakes, but if you've created that website for that company on not popped on their certifications if I was them I'd be telling you to bog off and not pay you a single penny.

You've made out that they make composite doors when they clearly don't, they out-source it...

Secondly you've put that they are qualified to install new window's ... but failed to mention if they're FENSA or not... or wether they get them certified by the local council... (which anyone can do TBH)... which means, when the resident come's to sell their home they'll be knackered...

Annoyingly you've mentioned laminated glass... most manufacturers use laminated glass now, so it's nothing special really... I mean, all windows at a specific height on the ground floor have to be laminated, all windows on the first floor have to be laminated (especially where children are involved)... Hence why most use it now, as it's less hassle for them...

And bizarrely I have never heard of a composite door that doesn't need maintaining... ALL doors need maintenance, even wooden ones... it's a door! You cannot just stick a door in and expect not to have to do something with it at least once a year... even if it's lubrication for the lock(s) whether mortise, A Mechanism or just the Euro cylinder...something will need cleaning at some point... i.e. maintaining.

Even The manufacturer doesn't claim that! and I've dealt with them for 5 years myself!!

LOL!

Posted: Dec 2, 2020 By: Root 66 Woodshop Member since: Nov 22, 2011
  11. InternetMarketingPlatinum

InternetMarketingPlatinum UKBF Ace Full Member

1,590 211