Liquidating a Small Biz after a year of breakdowns and irresponsibility

Discussion in 'Insolvency' started by CathyBell101, Nov 5, 2019.

1. CathyBell101

CathyBell101 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Hi All,

Another needy new small business owner needing help in regards to closing my limited company.

The business is around 2 years old and we haven't submitted accounts yet as we haven't been required until next month (I think!)

The business has around £300 in outstanding debt to HMRC, this is for some PAYE for myself when the business employed me. I have never had any proper staff.

We have no assets as it was a recruitment company that was just myself at home etc etc.

We have an outstanding amount to be paid to a client of £2400 and an overdraft of around £890. So all in all we don't have anything else.

The long story short is that I have sadly suffered with severe mental health problems over the past 18 months due to various miscarriages etc. This has resulted in not keeping proper accounts and money coming in and going out.

I am finally taking back control of my life and just want to be 'done' with the company as I do need to move in a different direction. There is no money in the business account and I last received payment for an invoice around October 9th 2019.

I would love if anyone can help me in the quickest and legal way to get things sorted? I have tried reading advice online but sadly can't get my head around it.

Posted: Nov 5, 2019 By: CathyBell101 Member since: Oct 11, 2019
  2. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

22,765 2,737
    Posted: Nov 5, 2019 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  3. Lisa Thomas

Lisa Thomas UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

3,515 445
    Posted: Nov 6, 2019 By: Lisa Thomas Member since: Apr 20, 2015
  4. Spongebob

Spongebob UKBF Ace Free Member

2,211 1,117
    You say that your accounts are due to be filed next month. When is the Confirmation Statement due?

Posted: Nov 7, 2019 By: Spongebob Member since: Dec 9, 2008