Life Coaching Training/qualification

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Mrs Malapup, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs Malapup

Mrs Malapup Contributor

306 3
    Are there any life coaches on here? Can anyone recommend a good qualification? I am going along to a free weekend run by the Coaching Academy...anyone got any experience of them? Thanks :)

Posted: May 8, 2009 By: Mrs Malapup Member since: Sep 4, 2006
  2. Mrs Malapup

Mrs Malapup Contributor

306 3
    None at all???

Posted: May 9, 2009 By: Mrs Malapup Member since: Sep 4, 2006
  3. Silky

Silky Contributor

1,170 210
    I have heard of them before but don't know anyone who's attended their course. As far as I'm aware there are no nationally recognised standards for life coaching so I'm not sure how you can differentiate one course from another....at least if it's free you're only committing time rather than money.

I'd love to hear how you get on,

Silky

Posted: May 11, 2009 By: Silky Member since: Oct 29, 2007
  4. MickW

MickW UKBF Newcomer

77 6
    Newcastle College do a number of courses:
    (sorry, I can't put a hyperlink as I'm not allowed...)
    Enter 'Life coaching' into the search and you will see a list.

I did the NCFE certificate a couple of years ago and it was FREE and quite good.

Give them a ring and see if it is still free.

Posted: May 13, 2009 By: MickW Member since: Mar 25, 2009
  5. Mrs Malapup

Mrs Malapup Contributor

306 3
    Thanks guys.....Im going next weekend...will let you know how it goes. I guess the hardest part is finding a niche. I am qualified as a facilitator for the STEPS programme from The Pacific Institute but I no longer work for the company that trained me so I would like to find an employer that delivers that training to groups if poss. People like returners to work, community groups....anywhere where they need a course to help them realise potential.:D

Posted: May 17, 2009 By: Mrs Malapup Member since: Sep 4, 2006
  6. Zeno

Zeno Contributor

4,498 1,223
    I am bound to regret asking but what is a life coach? - sounds a bit new age, hippyish to me.

Posted: May 17, 2009 By: Zeno Member since: Jun 12, 2008
  7. inca training services

inca training services Contributor

170 7
    is there much call for "life coaches"?

Posted: May 18, 2009 By: inca training services Member since: May 14, 2009
  8. Mrs Malapup

Mrs Malapup Contributor

306 3
    Im not particularly looking to be a life coach..........but coaching training is good experience for what I would like to do which is deliver personal development training to young people 16 - 19+ or older people who want to get back into work but lack the confidence. Also people who have lost their job after many years in one profession and lack confidence and knowledge on how to transfer the skills they already have or retrain for something else. I guess its similar to life coaching in that it teaches srategies to identify obstacles that are preventing someone from achieving what they are capable of........their potential basically. I have plenty of life experience including setting up my business...so I have something to offer........training will help me deliver the information in the most effective way.

I guess if you want to know what a life coach is the best thing to do is google it :)

Last edited: May 19, 2009
    Posted: May 19, 2009 By: Mrs Malapup Member since: Sep 4, 2006
  9. Zeno

Zeno Contributor

4,498 1,223
    Knew I'd regret it. Kind of like a barman then?

Posted: May 19, 2009 By: Zeno Member since: Jun 12, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.