Letter requesting PAYE return from dissolved company

Discussion in 'PAYE letters 2010' started by 3DSDS, Oct 1, 2012.

1. 3DSDS

3DSDS UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi,

I have recently applied for my limited company to be dissolved whcih was eventually confirmed by companies house on 24.07.12 that this has been dissolved and there has been no objections. I have today 01.10.12 recieved a letter from H.M.R.C showing charges of £400.00 for not issuing my PAYE return.

Can they enforce this even though the company has been dissolved and how do if respond to this letter. Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted: Oct 1, 2012 By: 3DSDS Member since: Nov 4, 2011
  2. midgetman

midgetman UKBF Regular Free Member

I have exactly the same today, company dissolved on 15/5/12 all relevant people informed etc. Now they are asking for £400.

Posted: Oct 1, 2012 By: midgetman Member since: Sep 19, 2008
  3. David Griffiths

David Griffiths UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

No they can't. Write and tell them that the company has been dissolved. When they ignore your letter (and they will) write and tell them again, and again and again. They are truly pathetic at updating company records so when they send out demands in future, don't think that they are actively pursuing the money - they will just be demonstrating their legendary incompetence on things like this. :rolleyes:

Posted: Oct 1, 2012 By: David Griffiths Member since: Jun 21, 2008
  4. midgetman

So, today i have received a further letter from the debt collection dept saying that I have to pay this amount asap or further action will be taken. This despite me telling 3 times what happened and that I have e-mail conformations from them!!!.

Is it safe to just ignore it?

Posted: Mar 19, 2013 By: midgetman Member since: Sep 19, 2008
  5. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Big Shot Free Member

Is the letter addressed to you personally, or to the company? If to the company, then ignore it because there is no-one to 'receive' the letter. If to you personally I would write back stating that you are prepared to investigate their claim provided that they pay your costs and time involved, as the matter has nothing to do with you personally.

Posted: Mar 20, 2013 By: Newchodge Member since: Nov 8, 2012
  6. midgetman

Just addressed to the company to my home address as I used to work from home so it was registered there.

Think I will just bin it then lol

Posted: Mar 20, 2013 By: midgetman Member since: Sep 19, 2008