Legitimate Drop-ship Suppliers?

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by Rowlandson, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Rowlandson

Rowlandson UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Is there any legitimate drop-ship suppliers either in the UK or Europe? I've been scouring search engines but finding nothing. nothing that looks legitimate.

Has anyone used or can recommend a UK or Europe supplier that will product data feeds of all their products along with product images who will ship direct to my customers?

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 By: Rowlandson Member since: Jul 22, 2017
  2. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

9,019 910
    Yes there are legitimate dropship suppliers around.
    Data feeds you are restricting yourself a little, there are companies that do that but not all dropship companies appear to want to do it.

And they should all ship direct to your customers, that's part of their business model.

Where have you looked? What sort of products are you looking to sell?

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  3. Rowlandson

Rowlandson UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Data feed would be helpful to bulk upload but no necessary as I can upload manually.

Products are office/home/garden furniture

I've contacted a number of suppliers who are stating a set up fee is required before I can start drop-shipping their products - is this a usually process in anyone's experience? I've mainly only looked through google (not sure of any other avenues to explore. I've searched furniture drop-ship suppliers etc and contacted those I've come across. Either the set up fee puts me off or I just don't get a response or no reply to calls or emails.
    I've also searched for just suppliers and contacted a large number but these are only suppliers to me and won't ship direct to my customers

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 By: Rowlandson Member since: Jul 22, 2017
  4. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

9,019 910
    Two of the dropship suppliers on my list require a setup fee. Not all do.
    Stops the public wanting cheap stuff from signing up. :)

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  5. serendipitybusiness

serendipitybusiness UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

933 166
    Finding a good reliable supplier is key, it is hard to do and takes a lot of time which is why everyone is not in the business. If they make it easy to find then you have more competition.

Posted: Mar 28, 2018 By: serendipitybusiness Member since: Jun 27, 2008
  6. antropy

antropy OpenCart Experts Full Member - Verified Business

3,051 518
    I've always liked the blogs on Shopify about dropshipping:

"How to Use AliExpress to Dropship
    Now that you have your store filled with products ready to sell and dropship, what do you do once you get your first order?

Dropshipping with AliExpress works similarly to any regular dropshipper. When you receive an order, purchase the item on AliExpress and enter your customer’s name and shipping address. The AliExpress seller handles the rest."

"Alternatively, you can use Oberlo which can handle all this for you, including making it easier for you to purchase orders on AliExpress and watch for price changes.

When ordering on AliExpress, it’s a good idea to let the seller know you’re dropshipping. This way, the supplier won’t include any invoices or promotions in the package being sent to your customer.

On checkout, you can leave a message for the seller. I recommend leaving a message such as: “We’re dropshipping. No promotions & invoices, please!”"​

https://www.shopify.co.uk/blog/117607173-the-definitive-guide-to-dropshipping-with-aliexpress

Posted: Mar 28, 2018 By: antropy Member since: Aug 2, 2010