General Business Forum Brought to you by Salesforce

Legalities of posting fliers

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by D.G Holdings and Procurement, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D.G Holdings and Procurement

D.G Holdings and Procurement UKBF Newcomer Free Member

56 3
    Hi all,

I am looking into a low cost effective way of advertising my business.

I have decided to design and print my own fliers and i want to distribute these on lamp posts, fences etc within surrounding area.

I would like to know if there is any relevant law that would prevent me from doing such a thing?

The last thing i want to do is plaster fliers advertising my business on lamp posts and fences etc and then be receiving calls because it may be illegal.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Posted: Aug 12, 2011 By: D.G Holdings and Procurement Member since: May 15, 2011
  2. vvaannmmaann

vvaannmmaann UKBF Legend Free Member

13,109 3,369
    Posted: Aug 12, 2011 By: vvaannmmaann Member since: Nov 6, 2007
  3. D.G Holdings and Procurement

D.G Holdings and Procurement UKBF Newcomer Free Member

56 3
    That pretty much sums it up thanks! :D

I guess i'll have to approach shop owners and ask their permission to display in their windows etc.

Posted: Aug 12, 2011 By: D.G Holdings and Procurement Member since: May 15, 2011
  4. Tax-UK

Tax-UK UKBF Newcomer Free Member

197 20
    With your type of business (I liked the look of your website by the way) you may be better off advertising online or through industry directories. Many people could probably would feel offended if they saw those adverts in public places

Posted: Aug 12, 2011 By: Tax-UK Member since: Aug 5, 2011
  5. Hedgie

Hedgie UKBF Ace Free Member

2,310 305
    I think you will find yourself in trouble if you try and post that kind of advertising in the public domain. You will also find that most if not all flyer distribution companies will not deliver 'adult' material.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
    Posted: Aug 12, 2011 By: Hedgie Member since: Aug 17, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.