leased lines, advice needed

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by 10032012, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam Richards

Sam Richards UKBF Contributor Free Member

31 2
    Your price will largely depend on your location, or more to the point how far you are from the fibre distribution point.

However the prices you have quoted seem very reasonable, as always get three or four quotes.

Check on the SLA they provide and fix time in the event of an problem, sometimes cheaper providers will skimp.

Also check they do provide the kit for plugging your route into, fibre modems can be very expensive.

Posted: Nov 17, 2015 By: Sam Richards Member since: Aug 25, 2015
  2. Will Goodall

Will Goodall UKBF Newcomer Free Member

7 0
    Happy to assist and provide a comparison for any leased line requirements. As we own our own network there are advantages looking at us.

Posted: Dec 2, 2015 By: Will Goodall Member since: Jul 7, 2015
  3. Euan Webster

Euan Webster UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Apologies for jumping on this thread, but it seems to be on topic.

I'm looking for prices to use an existing fibre circuit. The fibre used to be part of the connected schools initiative (not sure that is the correct name), and run by NTL. BT won the contract a while later and changed them to ISDN, thus making the fibre redundant. It is owned by Openreach.

We would be looking to utilise the fibre to get a fast internet connection. Just now ADSL is woeful in the area. We'd be looking for a 100Mb bearer with burst capabilities, if that is the cheapest way to do it.

I won't go into all the details here, but if companies would like to quote, I'd be happy to send details via email or PM.

Best regards,

Euan

Posted: Feb 2, 2016 By: Euan Webster Member since: Feb 2, 2016
  4. Exascale

Exascale UKBF Contributor Full Member

57 5
    Hi Euan,

I just sent you a PM, all I require is your postcode.

Posted: Feb 2, 2016 By: Exascale Member since: Sep 19, 2015
  5. Will Goodall

7 0
    Hi Euan,

Hope you are well?

I have sent you a PM and I will be able to help straight away.

Kind Regards

Will

Posted: Feb 3, 2016 By: Will Goodall Member since: Jul 7, 2015
  6. Richard Vivo

Richard Vivo UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Also jumping on this thread as I found it quite useful.

I am currently reviewing my company's broadband providers and I think we may be overpaying currently.

We have 100mb leased line with a backup line in case the first fails. Our postcode is W1W 8SB.

What kind of cost should we be looking at for this service?

Happy to reveive quotes if anyone can provide any.

Thanks

Posted: Mar 10, 2016 By: Richard Vivo Member since: Mar 10, 2016
  7. Will Goodall

7 0
    Hi Richard, I can definitely help you out, could you message me directly please and I will assist straight away.

Will

Posted: Mar 10, 2016 By: Will Goodall Member since: Jul 7, 2015
  8. Scott Millar

Scott Millar UKBF Contributor Free Member

49 8

Richard - I've got a quote ready where shall I send it to?

Posted: Mar 14, 2016 By: Scott Millar Member since: Mar 13, 2016
  9. Ben Barry

Ben Barry UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Hi Richard,

I also have a quote ready, could you please direct me where best to send it?

Posted: Mar 15, 2016 By: Ben Barry Member since: Sep 16, 2015
  10. Carl@ThePortalSheffield

[email protected] UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Hi I own The Portal Sheffield.
    We are a growing gaming centre and the first in the UK to offer Gaming to all gamer types alongside having the retail within the building to supply the merchandise that the gamers will require.
    We are moving in April 2016 to a new bigger premises 25,000sq ft
    We are looking for an leased line connection to facilitate the LAN gaming events.
    This needs to be a minimum 300x300mb service with potentially 1000mb for larger events (this is what virgin are currently offering us).
    We would be especially interested in a supply from a company via a sponsorship route in return for national and international promotion. We have been established for 2 years and have outgrown the current 11,000 sq ft premises. Please PM me with any quotes or options for providing these services.

Posted: Mar 16, 2016 By: [email protected] Member since: Mar 16, 2016
  11. Moyusuf

Moyusuf UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Hi guys,

Could someone quote or advise which company is cheap and best for 100 mb leased line in Lancashire area?

Thanks,

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 By: Moyusuf Member since: Mar 17, 2016
  12. Scott Millar

Scott Millar UKBF Contributor Free Member

49 8
    me

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 By: Scott Millar Member since: Mar 13, 2016
  13. Moyusuf

3 0
    Who is me?

14. Moyusuf

3 0
    Please let me know what do you offer? Is it vm leased line or BT?

15. Exascale

57 5
    Hi @Moyusuf, Can we help? Exascale's leased lines are simple, we provide free installation (subject to survey), an industry standard Cisco managed router and a fixed monthly rental over 3 or 5 years. You pay nothing less nothing more, and whatsmore we will beat any like for like leased line quote by 5%!

If you would like a competitive quote please call me on
    0330 010 0140 or email [email protected].

Posted: Mar 20, 2016 By: Exascale Member since: Sep 19, 2015
  16. Jose Jimenez

Jose Jimenez UKBF Contributor Free Member

89 12
    Rather than starting my own thread, thought I would post here regarding some advice I need.

I've got a quote direct from Virgin for a leased line and the price is subject to a survey. There is a monthly charge and the installation is free. Im a little nervous about proceeding with it because it means signing the contract so see if the installation is free or not but I've been assured that we can back out of the contract if the survey reveals that the 'free' installation' no longer applies. Can anyone shed any light if this is indeed the case and if there's anything I need to be aware of. I have the t&cs which I've yet to study but wouldn't mind hearing from anyone with experience of dealing with Virgin or with the market in general.

Posted: Mar 23, 2016 By: Jose Jimenez Member since: Jan 28, 2010
  17. ccsleedsltd

ccsleedsltd UKBF Contributor Free Member

85 28
    That is standard practise for most carriers Jose.

While I can't speak for VM's T&C's as a direct customer (i.e. you), certainly in the wholesale market (i.e. us) that is exactly what happens. You contract, and agree a price. The order is contracted and committed, a survey takes place and if the cost of delivery exceeds what has been built into the quote the delivery is stopped and new costs presented. You can then either cancel (penalty free) or agree and re-contract at the new rate.

Via the wholesale channel, aside from typically being cheaper than direct with VM (due to bulk discounts) some wholesalers have the option of guaranteeing the price with no potential extra costs too.

All the best, Pete

Posted: Mar 23, 2016 By: ccsleedsltd Member since: Oct 31, 2010
  18. Jose Jimenez

Jose Jimenez UKBF Contributor Free Member

89 12
    Thanks Pete for the super speedy response. :)

Posted: Mar 23, 2016 By: Jose Jimenez Member since: Jan 28, 2010
  19. Exascale

57 5
    Hi @Jose Jimenez,

Can we provide you with a comparable quote? If there are any ECC (Excess Construction Charges) we present these to you and if you dont agree you can walk away with no penalty.

We will also beat your current quote by 5%, all we need is your postcode and line speed requirement.

I look forward to hearing from you...

Posted: Mar 24, 2016 By: Exascale Member since: Sep 19, 2015
  20. TheGuru2010

TheGuru2010 UKBF Enthusiast Full Member

930 106
    Hi Jose,

Have to mirror what Pete has advised you off here, most providers will allow you to walk away without any penalty's if the survey raises any excess construction charges. (That's our procedure anyway)

However I am not sure that going to Virgin direct will be the most cost effective way of getting your leased line, Virgin often provide there tier one partners with cheaper pricing than is offered to direct customers.

Good luck either way & let us know how you got on

Thanks
    Jamie

Posted: Mar 30, 2016 By: TheGuru2010 Member since: May 11, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.