leased lines, advice needed

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by 10032012, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason Brannan

Jason Brannan UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Apologies the address is S351QN, Smithy Wood Business Park Sheffield.

Posted: Aug 11, 2014 By: Jason Brannan Member since: Aug 11, 2014
  2. Dave Watson

Dave Watson UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Hi Jason,

Thanks for sending this through.

Are you familiar with leased line pricing yet as there is a significant jump in price from ADSL?

To give you an example, we could provide a dedicated and symmetrical 10/100Mb service for £475 per month, £0 setup fee (subject to site survey).

What were your expectations?

Thanks,

David

Posted: Aug 11, 2014 By: Dave Watson Member since: Apr 28, 2014
  3. Jason Brannan

Jason Brannan UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Hi Dave,

in this open forum I am aware that leased lines have a substantially higher fee that ADSL, but was keen to get a clearer picture before we decide on our next move.

Posted: Aug 11, 2014 By: Jason Brannan Member since: Aug 11, 2014
  4. Quest Cloud Solutions Ltd

Quest Cloud Solutions Ltd Quest - Enabling Businesses Through Creative IT Full Member - Verified Business

255 47
    Hi @Jason Brannan

Using our preferred telecoms partner, Gamma Telecom, we could provide a 10 Mb/s leased line for £390 per month with no setup costs (subject to survey, excess construction charges may apply with any provider following a survey).

This will give you a dedicated, business-grade leased line with 10 Mb/s of bandwidth up and down.

FYI - Gamma uses BT's core infrastructure and their own well-managed infrastructure, with superb customer service. Not all leased line providers were created equal - steer clear of the likes of TalkTalk as their service is reportedly awful.

Let me know if you'd more information.

Thanks,

Ryan

Posted: Aug 11, 2014 By: Quest Cloud Solutions Ltd Member since: Mar 30, 2012
  5. luke.richards

luke.richards UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Again sorry to bump an old topic, but we are coming to the end of our contract at our London office EC4V and I'd like to get a quote on a leased line. We're currently paying £600 a month for a 10MB line and I'm pretty sure that's way too much

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 By: luke.richards Member since: Aug 15, 2014
  6. Quest Cloud Solutions Ltd

Quest Cloud Solutions Ltd Quest - Enabling Businesses Through Creative IT Full Member - Verified Business

255 47
    Hi @luke.richards

Can you PM me your full postcode and an analogue number so I can run some pricing through for you?

Thanks,

Ryan

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 By: Quest Cloud Solutions Ltd Member since: Mar 30, 2012
  7. Richard_CSTEM

Richard_CSTEM UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 1
    I see evryone is jumping at the chance to speak with you since you stated you thought £1,000 a month is what you considered to be what you expected. However, there are so many factors in choosing the correct lease line. However, no one appears to be asking you what it is to be used for and the consequences if it fails and traffic reliant on it. Most importantly, what are the business objectives related to your enquiry about a leased line. I would be happy to discuss further with you to assist and provide guidance on you being able to make an informed decision

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 By: Richard_CSTEM Member since: Aug 15, 2014
  8. Quest Cloud Solutions Ltd

255 47
    While the points you make are valid, I'd say it's a risky strategy joining as a new member and effectively stating that we're only interested in helping because it might make us £1,000 a month in new revenue. The way you've (intentionally) phrased it doesn't make you look good.

To address your points, we use Gamma Telecom as our main provider; their system is geared up for voice and data so would cover their SIP needs if that's desired, though doesn't actually add to the monthly costs (apart from the SIP trunks). It's fair to say if they're looking at a leased line then reliability and speed is important, but unless they're willing to get two different leased lines from two different ISPs, asking what will happen if the connection drops is kind of irrelevant. Leased lines are about as reliable as it gets, though I appreciate your choice of supplier is a big factor (hence why we choose Gamma).

At present, they've asked for pricing which is what we've given. If the pricing is good and they pursue it further, I hope that any of the members on here that have shown an interest would know to probe a bit further on what it's needed for before placing the order.

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 By: Quest Cloud Solutions Ltd Member since: Mar 30, 2012
  9. Richard_CSTEM

Richard_CSTEM UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 1
    That's a fair point you are making and in my reponse i certainly did not "Slate" anyone just simply pointed out that there would obviously be alot of interest when those figures are thrown out there yet the most important question to be asked as i am sure you will agree is what are you trying to achieve. It may well turn out that efforts to assist in providing great pricing may actually hinder other areas being looked and provide clouded decision making.

However, i wil take your point on board as i said it is valid and tread more cautiously in the future when advising or commenting. My opinions are based on the traditional suppliers i come across on a daily basis and shoudl not have implied in any way that is what members on here would be conditioned to similair reponses. I have been trained for many years technically and in consultancy to always ask why,what for first before giving advice.

like i said. noted

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 By: Richard_CSTEM Member since: Aug 15, 2014
  10. it-comms

it-comms UKBF Regular Full Member

129 24
    Hi,

We can do

10/100Mb Free Install, £425 per month (3 Year Contract)
    20/100Mb Free Install, £500 per month (3 Year Contract)
    100/100Mb Free Install, £850 per month (3 Year Contract)

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 By: it-comms Member since: Jul 19, 2011
  11. Anna S

Anna S UKBF Newcomer Free Member

6 0
    Hi Luke,

Please feel free to give me a call on 01782 409792 to discuss leased line options, I wouldn't like to quote from a postcode without a conversation as I like to ensure we are quoting for the appropriate product for your business needs.

Many thanks

Anna

Posted: Aug 19, 2014 By: Anna S Member since: May 28, 2014
  12. 2connect

2connect UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    We are a price comparison site who works with every carrier in the UK and also offers a price promise guarantee on all new business connections from EFM, leased lines right through to multi site connectivity - MPLS. Feel free to get in touch or google leasedlineandmpls.co.uk

Posted: Oct 8, 2014 By: 2connect Member since: Oct 8, 2014
  13. GuyJ

GuyJ UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Hi, just found this thread, and I am urgently looking for leased line fibre quotes in the range 10/100 - 100/100 price dependent, if anyone want to PM me with some ideas. Thanks.

Posted: Apr 15, 2015 By: GuyJ Member since: Apr 15, 2015
  14. GuyJ

3 0
    Thank you to all who expressed an interest in this inquiry.
    An excellent response received, clearly this is an effective forum for such matters.
    We have now appointed a new supplier, so no further responses can be considered.

Posted: Apr 23, 2015 By: GuyJ Member since: Apr 15, 2015
  15. Elliot Roberts

Elliot Roberts UKBF Newcomer Free Member

9 1
    Hi all, glad to see such a positive and productive conversation. Clearly a highly resourceful group!
    Happy to help UK companies to develop and improve their business telecommunications whilst managing cost effective prices. Intercity are a leading independent UK service provider. We have delivered successful Fixed Line, Mobile, Data, and Telephony solutions for over 29 years. Today, we have been recognised as the Number One Telecoms Company in the UK for Customer Service.

I would welcome the opportunity to assist with your telecom queries.

Looking forward to the start of new friendships.

Best,
    Elliot

Posted: May 7, 2015 By: Elliot Roberts Member since: May 7, 2015
  16. GuyJ

3 0
    In spite of my message above indicating that the selection of a new supplier is complete, I continue to be hassled by other suppliers.
    Please can I clarify that we will not be considering other suppliers for leased line provision, IT or phone services etc.
    Further harassment will simply result in said suppliers being permanently blacklisted on our systems.

Posted: May 7, 2015 By: GuyJ Member since: Apr 15, 2015
  17. Graham Croft

Graham Croft UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Hi All,
    I am looking to install a leased line. Could I have some quotes for 10/100 and 30/100 please.
    Kind regards.

Posted: May 26, 2015 By: Graham Croft Member since: May 26, 2015
  18. Elliot Roberts

Elliot Roberts UKBF Newcomer Free Member

9 1
    Hi Graham,

I have just sent you a message regarding this. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,
    Elliot

Posted: May 27, 2015 By: Elliot Roberts Member since: May 7, 2015
  19. Dan Hartman

Dan Hartman UKBF Newcomer Free Member

15 0
    Posted: May 27, 2015 By: Dan Hartman Member since: May 27, 2015
  20. Exascale

Exascale UKBF Contributor Full Member

57 5
    We can provide competitive Leased Line Quote with 100/100Mbit Leased Lines starting at £480.00 with Free Installation and Setup.

Posted: Nov 16, 2015 By: Exascale Member since: Sep 19, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.