Launching a Digital Marketing Website

Discussion in 'Market Research' started by Clicks Online Business, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Clicks Online Business

Clicks Online Business UKBF Contributor Full Member

46 3
    Hi everyone,
    We launching our new website and wanted to find out if it is suitable for the general public. Any feedback would be great. I know that there are bugs and bad links in the site but apart from that feedback of any type would be wonderful. Design, layout, grammar spelling, anything you can find.

I really appreciate any help and if you need any help with your projects, please feel free to ask :)

Here is the link to the home page https://www.clicks.de/en/homepage

Posted: Nov 21, 2017 By: Clicks Online Business Member since: Oct 19, 2017
  2. Alan

Alan UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

5,757 1,587
    Probably should have been posted in the reviews section. Maybe it will move.

Despite being English all my life, the quality of my written English is poor, but even I can see large sections of your home page struggle with natural English. You might be well advised to pay a copywriter to review / rewrite as appropriate.

e.g. Goals with the help of online marketing
    Having a website without generating more sales and more profit should not be the aim of an entrepreneur.

doesn't read right for me.

Cookie notice is in German, site is in English. There are also several other lapses into German on buttons and text.

Posted: Nov 21, 2017 By: Alan Member since: Aug 16, 2011
  3. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

28,395 8,390
    "We offer you a one-stop solution for international performance marketing and tailor-made eCommerce technology. With more than 17 years of online marketing experience, we know what measures lead to success."

I wouldn't even bother reading past that. It's all meaningless waffle.

I clicked on a link and landed here: https://www.clicks.de/suchmaschinenoptimierung-seo

Sorry, but you need to understand how UK customers think and act. It might be OK for Germans but I found the site boring and turgid and lacking in any credibility.

Posted: Nov 21, 2017 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  4. Clicks Online Business

46 3
    Hey guys. Thanks for that so far. The links are internal so they'll be taken care of soon I hope (cookies etc.) All feedback is really appreciated. If I improve the site would ye guys review it again maybe?

5. fisicx

28,395 8,390
    What are you going to improve?

It's content that's the problem and to make it work you need to replace just about every work on the site. Every tihng I read is all about you. There nothing I've seen that talks about me and what I need.

Posted: Nov 21, 2017 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  6. Clicks Online Business

46 3
    I'll improve everything from an SEO standpoint eg the internal links, grammar, readability etc and the point you just mentioned - the customer. Be more customer focussed.

7. paperown

paperown UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Its looks like awesome, I don't think its need any kind of changes...

Posted: Mar 14, 2018 By: paperown Member since: Mar 14, 2018
  8. fisicx

28,395 8,390
    You must be really easy to please if you think a 404 page looks like awesome...

Posted: Mar 14, 2018 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  9. Caledonian TV

Caledonian TV UKBF Regular Free Member

254 100
    @fisicx - What is forum policy on people that register, post random meaningless crap so as they can get their count up to post links etc? - in my short time here I seem to be seeing quite a bit of it.

Posted: Mar 14, 2018 By: Caledonian TV Member since: Mar 8, 2018
  10. fisicx

28,395 8,390
    We keep an eye on them and if they keep posting junk or we suddenly get a ink drop after 30 posts they get deleted.

Posted: Mar 14, 2018 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  11. paperown

paperown UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    I was talking about whole website. not that specific page.. because its not open yet... your whole website looks like very awesome..

Posted: Mar 15, 2018 By: paperown Member since: Mar 14, 2018
  12. Caledonian TV

254 100
    Ummm... It's in German, and therefore completely impenetrable to the vast majority of people living and working in Britain. It's also irrelevant. - And in all other respects I tend to agree with what fisicx has said about it. - Is it also built on a template? Not original - a bit like a plagiarised essay?

Posted: Mar 15, 2018 By: Caledonian TV Member since: Mar 8, 2018
  13. Scalingspace

Scalingspace UKBF Contributor Free Member

33 5
    It is not that bad, but i think many of business owners make mistake by thinking their customers have no knowledge about what they are going to buy. So when you talk and try to explain and educate them, it looks like you treat them as they are children or maybe idiots.
    Nr1 thing you should keep reminding on your webpage should be examples of work that you already done. Results. Challenges and solutions that you already made in your past work with specific solutions etc. And not that empty text that majority of other web pages alredy have.
    Also, if you have any of that 'best services' 'fastest' 'number one' just delete them.

Posted: Mar 15, 2018 By: Scalingspace Member since: Mar 14, 2018
  14. Caledonian TV

254 100
    Struggling with that TBH... The original pages don't exist, what you can get to is in a foreign language, and what I can see of it could be anything.

Are we looking at the same site?

15. Scalingspace

33 5
    on top right corner you can choose english language.

16. fisicx

28,395 8,390
    And you get the most appalling and inconsistent translations. The site contradicts itself all over the place.

Posted: Mar 15, 2018 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  17. Caledonian TV

254 100
    ...Which only illustrates what a poor UI it is! I've looked at that site several times now and not seen it; in fact I ran it through Google Translate!

18. Scalingspace

33 5
    i agree. but at least he is trying, that's the most important.
    Next step would be to delete half of the text and and correct translations.

19. Scalingspace

33 5
    google translate is actually quite sophisticated tool now so you might had better translations with google than using english version