Latest plan for world domination

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Doodle-Noodle, Jul 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doodle-Noodle

Doodle-Noodle UKBF Legend

2,155 1,071
    We've just launched our "Wish List" for customers (mostly ladies) who want things we sell and want their partners (mostly men) to buy it for them .... I'll let you know how well it works!!!
    [​IMG]

there's a little form on the back for customers to fill in their details and list the things they'd like to have.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
    Posted: Jul 2, 2013 By: Doodle-Noodle Member since: Oct 11, 2008
    • Thanks Thanks x 4
  2. islandgirl

islandgirl UKBF Contributor

58 14
    Noodles I like it!
    I'm having ladies sending partners in to buy our delicious shoes but I may steal your idea to develop this a little further! Good luck!:)

Posted: Jul 2, 2013 By: islandgirl Member since: Jun 19, 2013
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Lentinus

Lentinus UKBF Enthusiast

395 89
    Stonkingly good idea!
    Can the (mostly) men call you with a CC, get it gift wrapped (a card added?) and just have to pick it up, or better get it delivered to their work...
    Maybe supply a free fridge magnet so the wish list can be stuck up and the man buying can do so on impulse, so it is unexpected and a surprise for the lady.

Result : mostly-man has just surprised his mostly-lady with a fantastic gift, that he knows she will love and earned lots of errr brownie points... for bugger all effort.
    ... and as a bonus the wish list now has a hole in it which no doubt a very happy mostly lady will be back to fill!

Posted: Jul 2, 2013 By: Lentinus Member since: Nov 28, 2012
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Stevie Wonder

Stevie Wonder UKBF Contributor

93 19
    Anything to make shopping for the mrs easier!!!

Good idea, best of luck with it.

Posted: Jul 2, 2013 By: Stevie Wonder Member since: Mar 5, 2011
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Doodle-Noodle

2,155 1,071
    Yes, yes, and yes. We can email the contents of the wish list to any email address(es) of the Wish List owner's choice with a reminder sent out for birthday/anniversary events.

We do offer gift wrapping and are in the process of putting together a "Ring & Wrap" service as we don't do ecommerce. You can phone up, pay over the phone for whatever it is you want to buy and pick it up gift wrapped after work.

Posted: Jul 2, 2013 By: Doodle-Noodle Member since: Oct 11, 2008
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  6. Doodle-Noodle

2,155 1,071
    Two sales so far today from bemused looking gents who came in clutching credit card and Wish List and left with a bag of gift-wrapped goodies and having been happily relieved of more than enough to cover the cost of professionally printing ALL our new wish list postcards, newsletters and Club member cards. Lovely jubbly!

Posted: Jul 3, 2013 By: Doodle-Noodle Member since: Oct 11, 2008
    • Thanks Thanks x 6
  7. Pap_sak

Pap_sak UKBF Enthusiast

341 92
    Great idea - well done!

Posted: Jul 3, 2013 By: Pap_sak Member since: Mar 12, 2009
  8. ashbash

ashbash UKBF Regular

126 40
    Fab idea!

I have tried low-level persuasion on the men who come into my gallery
    ( as my stuff tends to appeal to women more) ,by whispering into the gentleman's ear "it's not about you"...but may well er nick..er..adopt something similar if that's ok with you..thanks for sharing it Doodles.

Posted: Jul 5, 2013 By: ashbash Member since: Jan 26, 2011
  9. Doodle-Noodle

2,155 1,071
    Feel free to share this idea - it's actually working quite well already and has generated £472 worth of sales so far as a direct result of the Wish List. Our total Vistaprint bill for the Wish List post cards (and a few other bits) came to £94 so we're well in credit already.

Our mostly-lady customers are loving the idea and spending ages wandering around writing things on their list - one lady has had to have 2nd card attached to her 1st as she's run out of space (bit optimistic perhaps!) - the mostly-men partners who have been sent in by their respective lady loves have also really liked the idea as they have all had a selection to choose from and they know their lady will like what they choose & there's still the element of surprise as she won't know what he's picked. Plus we're offering gift-wrapping too so they haven't even got to do that.

All in all £94 very well spent so far - I think it will really pay dividends as we head towards Christmas.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
    Posted: Jul 6, 2013 By: Doodle-Noodle Member since: Oct 11, 2008
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.