Labelling exported food to the EU post-Brexit

Discussion in 'International Business' started by Pete S, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Pete S

Pete S UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Hi all,

New to the forum and looking for some advice please.

Our company currently exports low-volume confectionary to one country in the EU, and we're doing some planning for post-Brexit.

My understanding is that, post-Brexit, our product's labelling will need to change to include the address of a valid EU FBO (Food Business Operator)

I'm struggling to find any information on how this would work in practice. We'd presumably have to find a suitable partner in an EU country to act as our FBO, but I'm struggling to work out where to start trying to find a partner, and what they would need to do - is it a case of having them act as an EU postal address for labelling purposes, or would we have to actually ship good to an FBO who would then ship to the retail customers?

Presumably this will impact a large number of companies exporting to theEU post-Brexit, so I'm keen to get some advice if possible on how to handle the FBO requirements post-Brexit.

Any help / guidance would be appreciated.

Pete

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 By: Pete S Member since: Jul 4, 2019
  2. TheoNe

TheoNe UKBF Regular Full Member

135 12
    To my knowledge, the exact details of changes to FBO requirements have yet to be hammered out.

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 10:38 AM By: TheoNe Member since: Jul 6, 2019