Keyboard plus fruit juice. Help!

Newchodge

Business Member
Nov 8, 2012
Newcastle
I managed to throw a glass of fruit juice over my keyboard last night. I immediately turned it upside down to drain, used kitchen paper and then wet wiped the surface. The key surfaces are fine, but the action is very sticky. Any suggestions, please?

Newchodge

Business Member
Nov 8, 2012
Newcastle
It depends on what your keyboard is and how much it costs to replace, BUT it is possible to wash a keyboard in a dishwasher.

Obviously this can only be done carefully and leave the board out to dry for days after. But incredibly it works.
Personally I would buy a new one
I might do both!

Upvote 0

Mr D

Free Member
Feb 12, 2017
Stirling
Ok so you turned the glass upside down to drain, used kitchen paper and wet wiped the surface.
You do a lot more with glasses than some people. :)

Seriously, a keyboard from Asda is a few quid only. Or if you want a particular feel / particular look to it they cost a bit more.

Upvote 0

Newchodge

Business Member
Nov 8, 2012
Newcastle
OK, I have set up the new keyboard and now I am ready to try to renovate the old one. Someone put up a link to advice about washing it, so it is about to go into the washing machine. Should I tumble dry it? :)

Upvote 0

Subscribe to our newsletters

ukbf logo
ukbf logo

Real community whatever your business.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu