KashFlow Appoints Former Secretary of State Lord Young as Chairman

Discussion in 'Press Releases' started by 10 Yetis, Jan 10, 2008.

1. 10 Yetis

10 Yetis UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,383 144
    KashFlow Appoints Former Secretary of State Lord Young as Chairman

Leading UK based accounting software company KashFlow has appointed former Secretary of State for Trade and Industry, Lord Young of Graffham, to the role of Chairman.

With immediate effect, the former Secretary of State for Trade and Industry, Lord Young of Graffham, has been appointed to the role of Chairman by accounting software company KashFlow.

As well as being a business advisor and mentor to the rapidly growing and award winning company, Lord Young will be specifically helping to develop the organisation’s mid to long-term strategic planning.

Lord Young first met the Managing Director of KashFlow three years ago at a Princes Trust event where he was immediately interested in the innovative technology used by the software accounting company.

Having then invested in the business and with his experience at the likes of Cable and Wireless where he was also Chairman, Lord Young became a valuable sounding board for KashFlow’s growth and development plans.

Speaking about his appointment Lord Young of Graffham said,

“In recent years KashFlow has achieved massive business growth and I could not have joined at a more exciting time. With the company growing at such an incredible rate I see the business is already becoming the principle choice for businesses starting up”.

He continued, “Technology means that I am only a phone call or email away from the management team at KashFlow and I firmly believe that my industry experience and contacts will help the company realise its longer term goals and targets”.

Duane Jackson is the Managing Director of KashFlow and he said,

“As we take on more employees and continue to grow our market share we are entering a critical stage in the growth of the business and to have someone of Lord Young’s business calibre alongside us acts as a huge inspiration to the entire company”.

He continued, “2007 was a magnificent year in terms of business growth and beating off some big accounting-software industry names to win a customer satisfaction award and the appointment of Lord Young as Chairman will mean that 2008 continues in that same successful way”.

KashFlow launched its flagship product, an online tool specifically designed to help owner-managers in small businesses manage their accounts, in mid 2005. Since that time it has quickly won a significant share of the valuable accounting software market along with launching a new direct to accountant division in late 2006.

In late 2007 KashFlow won a Business Software Satisfaction Award, judged entirely by customer feedback, for the category of web-based accounting beating the likes of Sage and Netsuite.

The KashFlow accounting package is securely hosted online, requires no installation and can be trialled for free by visiting http://www.kashflow.co.uk.

The site also displays examples of feedback from actual users.

END

Editors Notes

• In 2007 KashFlow won a Sift Media award, judged entirely by customer feedback, for the category of web-based accounting beating the likes of Sage and Netsuite
    • KashFlow has received two rounds of venture capital funding from Lord Young of Graffham, former Secretary of State for Trade & Industry and ex Chairman of Cable and Wireless
    • KashFlow won the 2007 Software Satisfaction Awards category of Best Web-Hosted Accounts
    • KashFlow is simple to employ, with users instinctively knowing where to click to perform almost any accountancy task
    • Owner managers are able to effectively manage their accounts with no need for software training or prior knowledge of accountancy
    • KashFlow has been featured in the likes of the Financial Times, Daily Mail, The Daily Telegraph, The Mail on Sunday and all the leading accounting magazines.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 By: 10 Yetis Member since: Nov 3, 2004
  2. AdamW

AdamW UKBF Newcomer Free Member

482 38
    Congratulations! Very exciting stuff!

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 By: AdamW Member since: Jun 17, 2007
  3. DuaneJackson

DuaneJackson UKBF Legend Full Member

9,523 1,118
    Thanks Adam, it certainly is.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 By: DuaneJackson Member since: Jul 14, 2005
  4. An Oasis

An Oasis UKBF Newcomer Full Member

9,899 1,683
  5. coxadmin

coxadmin UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,113 84
    Congratulations, Duane.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 By: coxadmin Member since: Nov 5, 2004
  6. GreatSEO

GreatSEO UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,570 371
    Well done Duane that is fantastic news.

Was it not inevitable?

: )

Dave

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 By: GreatSEO Member since: Mar 20, 2006
  7. Cornish Steve

Cornish Steve UKBF Newcomer Full Member

14,849 2,100
    Ah, we knew Mr. Jackson before his fame, when he was just a mod at UKBF. :)

Way to go, Duane!

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 By: Cornish Steve Member since: Jul 4, 2005
  8. DuaneJackson

9,523 1,118
    Thanks all.

Not necessarily. It was what I wanted from day one, but agreed to just investment to start with.

He agreed to join the board now because of the success we've had over the past couple of years (and the guidance I'm going to need over the coming months dealing with the crazy levels of growth we're experiencing)

BTW - I hope you realise, Dave, that a lot of the growth is down to you reinvigorating the sales of the Partner Programme. I'd almost written it off until you showed us what level of sales could be acheieved with a decent salesman pushing it.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 By: DuaneJackson Member since: Jul 14, 2005
  9. Guest

0 0
    Excellent - well done!

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 By: Member since: Jan 1, 1970
  10. GreatSEO

GreatSEO UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,570 371
    Duane

Many thanks for the comments.

It is great to know that a buisness that I have had a helping hand in is doing so well now and I would stop at nothing to help again if ever it is needed.

You deserve the sucess and rewards that will come from this. Kashflow a force to be reckoned with for now and the future.

I could not wish it on a nicer person.

Regards

Dave

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 By: GreatSEO Member since: Mar 20, 2006
  11. RayB

RayB Banned

6,474 242
    Way to go Kashflow!

Well done Duane :)

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 By: RayB Member since: Nov 12, 2006
  12. DotNetWebs

DotNetWebs UKBF Legend Full Member

5,014 1,001
    Nice one Duane!

Regards

Dotty

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 By: DotNetWebs Member since: Feb 16, 2005
  13. Tin

Tin Just an SEO { Moderator }

5,952 1,656
    Great to hear this Duane, thoroughly well deserved and every best wish for the future. I knew you and Kashflow were going places. Well done.

Ray

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 By: Tin Member since: Nov 14, 2005
  14. Games4Business

Games4Business UKBF Newcomer Free Member

800 18
    Great stuff Duane. Keep things moving forward :)

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 By: Games4Business Member since: Jul 19, 2007
  15. openmind

openmind UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

4,755 867
    Excellent news Duane, very well done!

OT: I'll give you a quick call either today/Monday ref. OMC and KashFlow...

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 By: openmind Member since: Sep 6, 2005
  16. stugster

stugster UKBF Legend Free Member

9,348 2,080
    Duane,

Congratulations mate! :D

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 By: stugster Member since: Feb 1, 2007
  17. simonswords

simonswords UKBF Ace Full Member

1,162 38
    Well done Duane, if only this was the the start of life getting easier. With Lord Young on board I should imagine 2008 is going to be very busy for you! :)

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 By: simonswords Member since: Jan 7, 2007
  18. estwig

estwig UKBF Legend Free Member

12,652 4,527
    Way to go Duane, very impressive stuff mate.

Wishing you all the best with it
    :)

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 By: estwig Member since: Sep 29, 2006
  19. DuaneJackson

9,523 1,118
    Thanks everyone. As Si says - it just means I have to work harder this year now there is someone to hold the whip!

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 By: DuaneJackson Member since: Jul 14, 2005
  20. pvcprinting

pvcprinting UKBF Ace Full Member

2,029 249
    All Concerned,

A massive congratulations to all on this fantastic achievement
    May 2008 bring you continued growth

Regards

Pete

Posted: Jan 15, 2008 By: pvcprinting Member since: Jun 28, 2006