Just broken a law supposedly CTPS

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by APC Nexday Overnite Ltd, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saxondale

saxondale Banned

3,742 612

I can honestly say I have never been cold called by any of those.

I would like to see the breakdown for any of the above (well anyone`s actually because no-one ever posts facts and figures in support of their argument)

I`ll wager the outbound cold call generated very very little income, it`s just who is too scared not to do it.

try walking down your local high street and stop people, you won`t do it.

Posted: Aug 18, 2011 By: saxondale Member since: Jul 23, 2008
  2. immuneituk

immuneituk UKBF Newcomer Free Member

48 10
    I'm not supporting cold callers who disregard CTPS I was trying to point out there are good cold callers and bad cold callers and that this thread is tending to lump them all together.

For some businesses who do regard CTPS and target their calls, it is a useful tool that brings in business. These businesses should not be penalised for the bad actions of others.

In fact you would be better complaining to the CTPS for not enforcing their service rather than arguing your point here. For as long as there is no real penalty for not checking there will be time wasting cold callers.

Where's your evidence?

Posted: Aug 18, 2011 By: immuneituk Member since: Jun 23, 2011
  3. saxondale

saxondale Banned

3,742 612
  4. APC Nexday Overnite Ltd

APC Nexday Overnite Ltd UKBF Newcomer Full Member

284 39
    You're lucky not to have done as they're the cold callers who don't know how to take no for a answer!

I'll get you some rough figures going back a year. Basically I'll provide you with the revenues of customers I know I've cold called and gained business from that ok?

Posted: Aug 18, 2011 By: APC Nexday Overnite Ltd Member since: Nov 17, 2008
  5. immuneituk

immuneituk UKBF Newcomer Free Member

48 10
    As the courier guy has already said we will have to agree to disagree. You dont like cold callers and can not see how it can benefit some businesses - when done properly.

It is very easy to find examples of bad cold callers as they are the ones that make the headlines. But to say it is outdated and doesnt work is simply not true.

Posted: Aug 18, 2011 By: immuneituk Member since: Jun 23, 2011
  6. GreatSEO

GreatSEO UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,571 371
    What evidence do you want

I have helped members on here including

10yetis.co.uk (Andy)
    kashflow.com (Duane)

And many others

Dave

Posted: Aug 18, 2011 By: GreatSEO Member since: Mar 20, 2006
  7. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash Guest

1,427 480
    I don't think anyone is suggesting cold calling doesn't benefit somebody.

But then you could make that same argument for drug dealing, stealing cars and house breaking too. They all have a negative net effect while letting one person or group make a profit.

Posted: Aug 18, 2011 By: JohnnyCash Member since: Dec 8, 2010
  8. APC Nexday Overnite Ltd

284 39
    Please tell me you're not comparing cold calling to drug dealing?

9. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash Guest

1,427 480
    I'm trying to help you understand the point that you either can't grasp, or seem determined to ignore.

Your activities have a net effect on business. You're costing businesses significantly more than you're generating. So what you are doing shouldn't be allowed, without businesses opting in rather than opting out.

10. APC Nexday Overnite Ltd

284 39
    I disagree that's why I think we should agree to disagree on this one.

11. APC Nexday Overnite Ltd

284 39
    I've submitted a poll on this issue if you would like to take part!

12. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash Guest

1,427 480
    Why don't you do this poll:

Do you like receiving random, unsolicited calls from businesses offering you double glazing, a new website, seo or anything else?

answer:

• yes
    • no

13. APC Nexday Overnite Ltd

284 39
    I thought I'd make it fair and impartial. Also more to the point of why I originally started this thread and that was regarding the CTPS law.

14. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash Guest

1,427 480
    Why would asking that question have made it unfair?

I think the only reason you didn't add that obvious question was you knew it was going to be a landslide victory for the "f-off and don't call me" side. I would be surprised if it was less than 90% saying they don't want these calls.

15. APC Nexday Overnite Ltd

284 39
    Think what you want. Like I said fair and impartial! I could have said "isn't the ctps/tps law an utter joke?" All the sales/marketing people would have made it a landslide victory for me but I didn't...fair and impartial!!!

16. saxondale

saxondale Banned

3,742 612

to say it isnt outdated and deosnt work is simply not true - the problem is that endemic they even introduced a quango to police it.

no-one yet that hasnt a vested interest has said they don`t have a problem with it, quite telling really.

17. Psl

Psl UKBF Ace Free Member

2,536 619
    So, we have a genuine business man trying to increase turnover by making cold calls.He then comes onto here and ask questions about CTPS and quite clearly states that he would like to cold call within the confines of the current legislation after someone he had called put the phone down on him, only after ranting that he was breaking the law.

Well the OP got the info he was after in the first few replies and then the great and the good, along with the one whose time is precious, all jumped on the 'cold callers are scum' bandwagon.Nothing new there then.

Cold calling, when done correctly does produce results and that is all the OP was trying to ascertain, how to do it correctly. But the cold calling nazi's jack-booted into the thread.

I would assume that the OP has now learnt his lesson, about cold calling and asking about cold calling on here:)

I recently sold part of my advertising business and that business involved my sales guys cold calling businesses. Now, we had the permission of major hotel chains to use their name when calling potential customers, so we had to do things right.As it is difficult for any business to get their services/products advertised in hotels for the benefit of the hotel guests, advertising on our digital touch screen information kiosks was great option for businesses local to the said hotels because as I have said direct advertising in hotels by local business does not happen.
    Now I will probably get someone stating ' I have my businesses independently advertised in this hotel or that hotel', well prove it.

In all the time my sales guys were cold calling we only had four complaints about CTPS and I dealt with them, because I told my guys that if they did call someone who was registered with CTPS and they complained, tell me.
    To say the business owners who complained were officious half wits would be an understatement, probably had nothing better to do after reading the Daily Mail.
    That said all the complaints were dealt with and the appropriate apologies were made, and here is the strange part, once they actually shut their mouth and listened to what was being offered they actually bought advertising space on the digital touch screen info kiosks.

So OP, you seem like a pleasant chap and I would think you are polite on the old dog and bone and I wish you luck in your future cold calling, within the confines of the CTPS laws of course or you could end up as the Daily Mail's most wanted man:)

BTW, do all you that hate cold callers send strongly worded emails back to the people that send you spam emails?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
    Posted: Aug 18, 2011 By: Psl Member since: May 4, 2010
  18. saxondale

saxondale Banned

3,742 612
    oh look another telesales firm bigging it up

the above is pointless without names, shouldnt be too hard to get one of them to come along and confirm this, should it?

you dont have to read an email, you do have to answer the phone.

19. Psl

Psl UKBF Ace Free Member

2,536 619

It wasn't a telesales firm.

My post may be pointless to you and all other jack-booted cold calling nazi's but you should learn to read. I have sold the business and therefore do not have access to the relevant information anymore.

Any way, once again, good luck OP.

Posted: Aug 18, 2011 By: Psl Member since: May 4, 2010
  20. saxondale

saxondale Banned

3,742 612

what was it then because

sounds like telesales to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.