General Business Forum Brought to you by Salesforce

Just broken a law supposedly CTPS

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by APC Nexday Overnite Ltd, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captaincloser

captaincloser Banned

2,770 1,130
    I mentoned 'a key' not 'the key'. If you really think business success is based on how you do what you suggest above then you have a very long way to go ! Courtesy in business is a byword as you never know who is a going to turn out to be your next client. Also, acting the jumped-up angry head usually leads to the graveyard soner rather than later.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
    Posted: Aug 18, 2011 By: captaincloser Member since: Mar 20, 2010
  2. saxondale

saxondale Banned

3,742 612
    I`ve already done that by signing up

Posted: Aug 18, 2011 By: saxondale Member since: Jul 23, 2008
  3. captaincloser

captaincloser Banned

2,770 1,130
    Great advertisement for someone who advertises their website on here !! I would run away from this person rather than hire them for my doing my books.
    Simply awful

Is everyone in Scotland this angry all the time ? Get your phones cut off. Unlike you I bet some of your 'clients' cold call to get the business that pays them to pay you...so get over yourself.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
    Posted: Aug 18, 2011 By: captaincloser Member since: Mar 20, 2010
  4. saxondale

saxondale Banned

3,742 612

in the two years I`ve read things on here, I have not seen anyone other than those who sell the outdated, unwanted and evil service, stand up in support of cold calling

IT DOEST WORK, ON THE ODD CHANCE THAT IT DOES (thats a stupidly small return, but keep on kidding yourselves thats good) ITS INVARIABLY OUT OF FEAR OR CONFUSION.

5. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash Guest

1,427 480
    I guess I'm doomed them as I usually reply with "P*ss off you w****r" and put the phone down immediately...

Posted: Aug 18, 2011 By: JohnnyCash Member since: Dec 8, 2010
  6. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash Guest

1,427 480
    You're not courteous... if you were you wouldn't be giving people unwanted phone calls in the first place!

7. APC Nexday Overnite Ltd

APC Nexday Overnite Ltd UKBF Newcomer Full Member

284 39
    It's in my signature!

Posted: Aug 18, 2011 By: APC Nexday Overnite Ltd Member since: Nov 17, 2008
  8. APC Nexday Overnite Ltd

284 39
    I beg to differ and as I've said some people want me to call and are glad I've called as they'll be having problems with their current carrier's service.

9. saxondale

saxondale Banned

3,742 612

not if UKBF is a snapshot ..................

10. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash Guest

1,427 480
    How many people are happy to hear from you? 1 in 100? 1 in 500? You're inconveniencing far more people than you're helping.

You are having a negative effect on business in the UK, which is exactly why what you're doing should be stopped.

11. GreatSEO

GreatSEO UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,571 371
    The karma in here seems good.

At the end of the day if telemarketing works for some businesses it does if it doesnt it doesnt.

I remember a member on here having the same views of telemarketing until we did a campaign for him today he has a full sales team (that use phones) and is a multi million pound business.

Telemarketing is what has predominantly aided his growth along with a decent mix or PR and other marketing techniques.

The anger you have should be targetted at the people in the industry that do not do the job properly. Not at people that have targetted businesses and done the job properly.

Dave

Posted: Aug 18, 2011 By: GreatSEO Member since: Mar 20, 2006
  12. saxondale

saxondale Banned

3,742 612

pointless without a name - go speak to your client and get permission to post his details, even better get him to post.

13. APC Nexday Overnite Ltd

284 39

Well I think we should agree to disagree.

Thousands of businesses, like mine, make calls and get business (I don't think this is bad AND THAT ISN'T NEGATIVE) this isn't debatable sales calls = more sales. I've had my three office staff today take a tally of incoming sales calls we're up to 12 calls and we've got up until 6pm to go yet! Some of these calls are unnecessary and pointless but still my staff are courteous and in a nice manner fob them off....12 CALLS...2 MINUTES EACH.... 24 minutes..... If I get to the point that it becomes worrying that my business may be being badly affected by incoming sales calls I'll shut shop! If incoming sales calls are affecting you that badly take on more staff!

14. saxondale

saxondale Banned

3,742 612
    you miss the point - you havnt opted out of taking those calls

and honest answer - how many of those calls have had a sale?

15. immuneituk

immuneituk UKBF Newcomer Free Member

48 10
    Ok so this thread is degenerating fast.

The definition of cold calling is to phone someone who hasnt asked to receive your call and try to sell them something.

Sadly cold calling has a bad reputation because there are certain industries that do it badly - ie dont target, are aggressive, tie you into unwanted contracts etc etc.

But there are some businesses who do it properly.

It is a shame therefore that everyone gets tarred with the same brush, when done properly it is a useful tool for bringing in new business. But it seems that participants to this thread are not bothering to discriminate between the good and the bad.

Since it is very unlikely to be banned in the foreseeable future you have to accept it is part and parcel of having a phone line. I suspect the majority of people here who run businesses can tell a cold call within 5 seconds so rather than getting angry and rude, why not simply say you aren't interested and then say that you are going to put the phone down and move on, give your blood pressure a break ;)

Its annoying but its life! Maybe one day you will receive a call that will benefit you but you have to stay on the line for 30 seconds to find out (the good cold callers will come to the point within 30 secs). :)

Posted: Aug 18, 2011 By: immuneituk Member since: Jun 23, 2011
  16. APC Nexday Overnite Ltd

284 39
    None, if the next person who rings happens to be selling mega cheap desks though orrrr cheap quality workboots I may give them the time of day and be happy to as I'm in the market for buying them.

17. saxondale

saxondale Banned

3,742 612

your ignoring the fact we have told you NOT to call.

its not a useful tool, its outdated and prays on peoples insecurities and reluctance to say no

18. saxondale

saxondale Banned

3,742 612

you`ve done it now ...........

19. APC Nexday Overnite Ltd

284 39
    Saxondale I don't want this to become a slanging match but how does your company's financials/sales compare to that of O2'S, BT'S, E-ONS, ORANGE'S??? They cold call and they're doing something right.

To say all cold calls are bad/wrong is stupid.

20. APC Nexday Overnite Ltd

284 39
    I'll be receiving PMs by the thousands haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.