Just broken a law supposedly CTPS

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by APC Nexday Overnite Ltd, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saxondale

saxondale Banned

3,742 612

no - simply the call duration

Posted: Aug 20, 2011 By: saxondale Member since: Jul 23, 2008
  2. captaincloser

captaincloser Banned

2,770 1,130
    No.... telesales is a technique .

This technique is used by hundreds of thousands of companies in their TELESALES Departments.

Over 70% of all companies BOTH PRIVATE AND CORPORATE AND LOCAL COUNCIL OFFICES have a sales/telesales department making and receiving calls to and fromand existing companies.

<<Edited by mod>>

Posted: Aug 20, 2011 By: captaincloser Member since: Mar 20, 2010
  3. LicensedToTrade

LicensedToTrade UKBF Legend Free Member

6,330 2,143
    It was UKSBD that made comments about the 28 day policy, he hasn't been involved in this thread for many hours, so we can rule that out. Yes saxondale does stamp his feet and he does demand information rather than just ask for it like a normal person. At the same time I (in hopefully what is a less aggressive fashion) am interested in finding out a little more about how many calls are typically made before an individual commits to spending money. You asked what industry and from your proposed list I suggested construction.

Posted: Aug 20, 2011 By: LicensedToTrade Member since: Nov 7, 2009
  4. kate1

kate1 UKBF Ace Free Member

1,650 244
    And that is completely fine, thats a good way of asking... I was using construction as an example, I have not worked within that industry - but I am quite happy to talk about what I have experienced. Yes, Im a little dissapointed after 21 years Im told to go and do research, Im very strict and adhear to rules - and make it my business to know what the rules are, after all Im calling on behalf of people, and I really dont want to risk their livelyhood

<< Edited by mod >>

Posted: Aug 20, 2011 By: kate1 Member since: Oct 29, 2007
  5. LicensedToTrade

LicensedToTrade UKBF Legend Free Member

6,330 2,143
    Thanks Kate, I picked construction as it is the industry that would most apply to me so whilst it is disappointing that you can't offer any info for that industry it would be a little unfair to expect you to give details on something you haven't dealt with in the past.

I'm off to bed now to get my much needed beauty sleep. Cya all tomorrow. :)

Posted: Aug 20, 2011 By: LicensedToTrade Member since: Nov 7, 2009
  6. kate1

1,650 244
    LTT I think you have to understand CC and I are both in sales, and its probably very frustrating for our industry to be slammed. Wild irrational demands with regards to putting stats up etc, im afraid probably wont cut it with either CC or me. But if things are approached sensibly without wild demands (that are not reliable, neither accurate) things can be sensibly discussed. We all have to respect each others opinions. So I work for a luxury travel company dealing with the likes of big galleries and I deal with window cleaners, how am I supposed to put up stats for two completely different industries, and try and group it all into 1 definitive accurate result for telemarketing?

Posted: Aug 20, 2011 By: kate1 Member since: Oct 29, 2007
  7. UKSBD

UKSBD Not a real duck Staff Member

9,426 1,769
    Posted: Aug 21, 2011 By: UKSBD Member since: Dec 30, 2005
  8. Cornish Steve

Cornish Steve UKBF Newcomer Full Member

14,858 2,117
    Note: I've deleted a number of messages from this thread and edited some others. Please tone down the rhetoric. Anyone flaming or posting personal insults will receive a strike.

Posted: Aug 21, 2011 By: Cornish Steve Member since: Jul 4, 2005
  9. kate1

1,650 244

Sorry how is it irrelevant? 2nd paragraph up.

28 days and older.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
    Posted: Aug 21, 2011 By: kate1 Member since: Oct 29, 2007
  10. saxondale

saxondale Banned

3,742 612
    now theres a statistic I find hard to belive - you got a source?

Posted: Aug 21, 2011 By: saxondale Member since: Jul 23, 2008
  11. saxondale

saxondale Banned

3,742 612
    except you seem reluctant to - it really is quite simple, as a prospective client I have asked you "just how good is this telesales then"

you can`t, won`t havn`t been able to say ............... with concrete facts and figures

I even suggested that a good indicator for me to judge how effective your technique is would be the call duration (a bit like the average response time to a call would be in my industry - 34minutes for whats its worth) if your logs show each call lasts 20 minutes theres a good chance you might get a sale, 10 seconds and we know what the answer probably was.

Surely these are the facts and figures that would be at the tip of your tongue not "oh I once got invited to a wedding"

off the top of my head I could give you

customer numbers

renewals this month, annualised and ten year average

cost per renewal

average renewal

oldest renewal

false alarm stats per month

false alarm stats yesterday

false alarm stats annualised

call answer time

call response time

calls per month second visit required

so no, it`s not "childish" to actually know whats happening in your company.

12. saxondale

saxondale Banned

3,742 612
    pick one, your choice ..............

she wont though.

13. kate1

1,650 244
    What area? Manchester, Northampton, Cornwall? once again dependent on area, saturation, local economics, competition, can you see there is no definitive answer. Why should I post my clients results up here? LTT I dont mind pm you seem to grasp and understanding

14. kate1

1,650 244
    customer numbers

renewals this month, annualised and ten year average

cost per renewal

average renewal

oldest renewal

false alarm stats per month

false alarm stats yesterday

false alarm stats annualised

call answer time

call response time

calls per month second visit required

Your stats are based on reactive stats. Nothing to do whatsoever with proactive stats. Your giving us stats based on 100% known, not the unknown. They bear no relevance to my stats. Completely two different kind of stats.

15. saxondale

saxondale Banned

3,742 612

no they are not - your dodging the question and it`s a simple question Kate.

what is your average outgoing call duration?

16. kate1

1,650 244
    Sorry Sax you are completely missing the point, what when Im talking to the marketing manager at Asdas and trying to get him on a delegate course or when Im talking to a company about window cleaning? Sure you can see two completely types of calls, one in depth and one not. So how can I answer that? I dont understand how much clearer I can be? I also mentioned in an earlier thread, WC's 20/25 calls an hour, but youve just asked me the same question

17. saxondale

saxondale Banned

3,742 612
    for the third, fourth or fifth time - you decide.

edit - WC`s 20/25 calls per hour? not viewed that thread, does that give call duration then?

18. captaincloser

captaincloser Banned

2,770 1,130
    Figure actually higher but go do some research. Go on ... stop asking th world to come to your door. We have nothing to prove, nothing.

Posted: Aug 21, 2011 By: captaincloser Member since: Mar 20, 2010
  19. saxondale

saxondale Banned

3,742 612
    I already had and couldnt come up with that figure.

it cant be too hard to look back to last night and make up a source.

20. telemax

telemax UKBF Big Shot Free Member

3,295 732
    Good enough for me

Posted: Aug 21, 2011 By: telemax Member since: Feb 14, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.