JPMC RE PAYPAL INTL. Direct Debit?

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by alphaelan, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alphaelan

alphaelan UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    I have just found (and deleted?)this direct debit reference: JPMC RE PAYPAL INTL. which appeared on my bank account? No idea how it got there or why. OK no money taken but could be somewhat doddgy? I have an account with PayPal but there is no way of making contact with them (anyone ever try same?) Telephone gives my account balance and buzz off :mad: Email has about six standard item you can (talk) about and if your question is not covered it's buzz off again !! :mad:
    Question, anyone else come across this JPMC and what's it all about:|
    Kind regards

alphaelan

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 By: alphaelan Member since: Jul 2, 2008
  2. Flashuk1983

Flashuk1983 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    I too have found this on my bank account, and I found it has taken £3.24 from my account.

I believe it can only be 1 of two things.
    Do you play either of the 2 games......
    Astro Empires
    Travians

And have you bought any upgrades/diamonds from either of those games?

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 By: Flashuk1983 Member since: Aug 14, 2008
  3. C.Pearse

C.Pearse UKBF Newcomer Free Member

280 70
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that is to do with PayPal's bank funding.

Regards
    Chris

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 By: C.Pearse Member since: Feb 13, 2008
  4. Flashuk1983

3 0
    I've also considered that as a possibility

5. openmind

openmind UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

4,750 864
    You are not wrong, it is used for External funding of a PayPal account from your bank. The DD is initially setup when you first verify your bank details.

Nothing dodgy in it at all...

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 By: openmind Member since: Sep 6, 2005
  6. alphaelan

alphaelan UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    I expect that information is buried deep in PayPal's (contract?) Would be nice if items on our bank statements, payments in particular, gave a -real- name rather than some obscure 'jmgncs' and the like.
    Kind regards
    alphaelan.

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 By: alphaelan Member since: Jul 2, 2008
  7. Flashuk1983

3 0
    Yeah, I agree with that

8. postergirl

postergirl UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    they all go through bournemouth!

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 By: postergirl Member since: Sep 16, 2008
  9. Christiane

Christiane UKBF Ace Free Member

1,829 215
    I had cancelled it as well when I noticed it a while back and had to re-do the direct debit stuff again. I think it was when I had signed up with Paypal Payflow so they could take their £20/month. They could indeed simply call it Paypal and not some kind of dodgy looking name!

On hindsight I think it does happen when your Paypal indeed becomes verified and they deposited some pennies in my account. I then had to confirm the amount received back to them to prove the bank account was mine.

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 By: Christiane Member since: Dec 3, 2006
  10. alexisuk24

alexisuk24 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Hi,

JPMC = JPMorgan Chase
    RE PAYPAL INTL = Regarding Paypal International

Paypal use JPMorgan (a large American bank) to process Paypal transactions, this is clearly stated in the Paypal Privacy Statement.

JPMorgan have a UK Campus in Bournemouth hence the payments appearing to originate in Bournemouth.

I hope this helps.

Alex

Posted: Sep 18, 2009 By: alexisuk24 Member since: Sep 17, 2009
  11. Christiane

Christiane UKBF Ace Free Member

1,829 215
    This is a rather old thread ;)

Posted: Sep 18, 2009 By: Christiane Member since: Dec 3, 2006
  12. magicmadam

magicmadam UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 0
    #10 Alex. I understand what you are saying. But how do I make contact with someone at JPMC re a DD payment of £36.17 on 28 Oct 09. I realise this is to do with PayPal but I cannot track down who it has been paid to and for what.
    There are no transactions at all in my PP a/c
    I had it happen once before (smaller amount) but could find that, so it was okay.
    Is there a telephone number please.
    Any advice you or anyone could give would be appreciated. Sincerely MM

Posted: Nov 11, 2009 By: magicmadam Member since: Nov 11, 2009
  13. GRDCredit

GRDCredit UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

2,004 608
    Posted: Nov 11, 2009 By: GRDCredit Member since: Mar 26, 2009
  14. magicmadam

4 0
    Hi Geoff. Thank you so much for such a prompt reply. Please excuse me if I seem a bit dumb - it's my age - 70yrs and female - not a lot going for me!!!

I have checked everything I bought around the time of this DD payment - only two items that I can find but neither are the amount I quoted.

I will see if I can get any sense out of my bank (Alliance & Leicester) later this morning and will let you know the outcome. It's the Direct Debit bit I don't understand.

Many thanks again. MM

Posted: Nov 12, 2009 By: magicmadam Member since: Nov 11, 2009
  15. magicmadam

4 0
    Hi Geoff, Re my post ^^^ #14. I have finally tracked down the transaction - couldn't find anything yesterday in my PP account history.
    On 5th Oct I paid a supplier £41.17 by PPal. Evidently, when there is not sufficient funds in PP a/c, JPMC (or bank) set up a DD for the difference £36.17 but not until 28th Oct, which confused me.
    Apparently this is the correct method and I agreed to this.
    I have checked earlier transactions and have done this previously.

Told you I get confused easily but at least you set me on the right road to sort it out.
    Many thanks MM

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
    Posted: Nov 12, 2009 By: magicmadam Member since: Nov 11, 2009
  16. Pushkin

Pushkin UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Sadly I know of two persons who have lost money thanks to fraudulent debits. Below is an e-mail from one of them

Paypal were not sympathetic with either, the one below did manage to keep her money. The other lost £250. It seems to be rife with this company and I have told both they should report the matter to the SFO

"This morning I made a ten pounds payment via PayPal. At the exact same time a payment of £57.95p was authorized by direct debit from my bank account via PayPal, without my knowledge or authorization! On contacting PayPal I was told I could set up a helpline service which would research getting my money back and deal with any PayPal problems I may have within the next 12 months at a cost to me of only £100! As you can well imagine I did not feel that this was a particularly good idea. I contacted my bank who reversed the payment and refunded money for free as it had not yet gone through tomorrow would have been a totally different story.
    Just a heads up. On putting the firm of JPMC into Google I get lots of people reporting the same scam the only coincidence being they were making a PayPal payment at the same time.
    So please check if you pay anything PayPal that just the one transaction has gone through. I could not beleive that PayPal could argue that I have authorized this payment when I haven't and I find the whole thing very fishy."

Posted: Dec 4, 2009 By: Pushkin Member since: Dec 4, 2009
  17. magicmadam

4 0
    Re: JMPC - I have been assured, by my Bank A&L, that this Company is the authorised handler for PayPal to set up a DD for one off payments.
    But I am not sure what happened that they made two payments from your account. MM

Posted: Dec 4, 2009 By: magicmadam Member since: Nov 11, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.