Jeremy Hunt will go

Discussion in 'Time Out' started by Rhyl Lightworks, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhyl Lightworks

Rhyl Lightworks UKBF Ace Free Member

2,536 425
    It amuses me that the likes of Andy Coulson, Rebecca Wade, Liam Fox (amongst others) all protested their innocence, received the backing of the Prime Minister, tried to hang on, and then resigned. When these people are found out it is obvious they will have to resign sooner or later, and why do they keep repeating the same mistakes. The same applies to jeremy Hunt.

Barrie

Posted: Apr 26, 2012 By: Rhyl Lightworks Member since: Aug 16, 2006
  2. mobyme

mobyme UKBF Ace Free Member

2,559 759
    Always makes me laugh when you hear the prime minister of whatever flavour say the words "so & so" has my full confidence. You know within a couple of days they are going to be out the door.

Posted: Apr 26, 2012 By: mobyme Member since: Jan 12, 2004
  3. captaincloser

captaincloser Banned

2,770 1,130
    Rebecca Brookes (formerly Wade) was never a politician and Coulson was an advisor and not a politician. Fox, a politician, was rightly hounded out (pun intended)

The point with Jeremy Hunt is that he is alleged to be in bed with Murdochs over the BSKYB merger. He is very popular and it will be difficult to unglue him from his position unless the allegations can be substantiated. Its pretty hard to see that his sidekick (who did resign) was a lone wolf but you have to have evidence surely even in these rabid days.

Hunt is on a knife edge but he is,as everyone likes saying, the fire door. If Cameron fires him then Cameron is the next in the line of fire, so there is a kind of reason to keep Jeremy Hunt in place...but heck, he could just be gormless... Tory DNA surely ? He should not be hounded out on rumour but fact. The heat is on Dave on this one..

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
    Posted: Apr 29, 2012 By: captaincloser Member since: Mar 20, 2010
  4. Rhyl Lightworks

Rhyl Lightworks UKBF Ace Free Member

2,536 425
    This is not just the Tories - it is just they are the most recent - but we have seem the same scenario over, for example, Peter Madelson, Geoffrey Robinson, etc. It would be refreshing if they could resign immediatedly instead of dragging things out. (It would be more refreshing if they didn't do such things in the first place.) (Jeremy Hunt is either guilty as 'charged', or grossly incompetent in employing an aide whom he did not know what he was doing).

Barrie

Posted: Apr 29, 2012 By: Rhyl Lightworks Member since: Aug 16, 2006
  5. Nuno

Nuno UKBF Big Shot Free Member

4,783 1,607
    Interesting this hounding. Neither Brookes nor Coulson have (yet?) been found guilty of anything, or charged even.

But we hound them as guilty, often from tribal standpoints, (Labour vs Tory), and drive them from public service or high achievement.This will mean a diminished quality of people willing to be in the political arena, (I know Brookes wasn't, strictly speaking but there is crossover), and we will end up the poorer for it.

I was thinking this as I saw that the top 3 people in HMRC have left/are leaving in one year. They haven't done anything wrong, they have been hounded and thought "eff that, I'm off/back to a much higher paid gig in the private sector". And we get the second tier in charge. (Who the clever boys in the private sector run rings around when contracts are negotiated.)

And we get who we vote for, or who we have not hounded out: we get what we deserve. The second rate as endorsed by third rate hacks and us.

Posted: Apr 29, 2012 By: Nuno Member since: Oct 10, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.