Jason - 365 marathons in 12 months - how are you getting on

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by ethical PR, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ethical PR

ethical PR UKBF Legend Free Member

7,060 1,543
    Hi Jason

Sorry if I have missed it, but have you got an update on how you are getting on with your marathon challenge - 365 half marathons in 12 months for the MS Society?

Where have you been running? How much have you raised? Future plans for for your challenge? I couldn't seem to find your website in your profile to check.

Also I thought you might like to see this article from the Guardian on Chris Jackson, the inspirational runner I mentioned to you who dedicated 2010 to raise awareness of the humanitarian crisis in the Congo where 5.5 million have died.

Chris ran 12 marathons, assorted Ironman's, triathalons, 10ks etc including the first marathon in the Congo where he ran in eastern Kivu between projects run by Women for Women International, the charity Chris has been supporting.

I have been helping Chris with his PR and he really is the most amazing young man.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/dec/03/highlighting-rape-in-congo

Helen

Posted: Jan 11, 2011 By: ethical PR Member since: Apr 19, 2009
  2. Jason_Fisher

Jason_Fisher UKBF Newcomer Free Member

686 32
    Hi,

WOW, i have just read the guardian article, that is terrible, and he is supporting such a great cause. I wonder what he will do next?

My website is down at the minute, only until Thursday as there are a few alterations being done and changing the hosting. It is mschallenge(dot)co(dot)uk.

I have huge plans for this challenge throughout the course of they year. I am currently in talks with an events company who organise half marathon events to set up an event dedicated to this cause, and the talks are going well. I also have lots of products from big brands for me to raffle etc. I completed my 11th half marathon today and i am actually enjoying it so far. I have been running in the Nottingham area and will do for the first whole month, just to get things started and to get into a little routine.

Any advice from your experience from working with Chris would be greatly appreciated!

Posted: Jan 11, 2011 By: Jason_Fisher Member since: Mar 29, 2010
  3. akirk

akirk UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,224 576
    you should get your signature continually updating...

Alasdair

Posted: Jan 11, 2011 By: akirk Member since: Jul 1, 2010
  4. Jason_Fisher

686 32
    Good idea... would i have to do this manually everyday?

5. Jason_Fisher

686 32
    Something like my signature now?

6. akirk

akirk UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,224 576
    yes ;)

but it will take less effort than running a marathon!
    do it weekly / monthly...

Alasdair

Posted: Jan 11, 2011 By: akirk Member since: Jul 1, 2010
  7. Jason_Fisher

686 32
    Thanks Alasdair - A good little piece of advice, which is always welcomed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.