IT Sales Outsourcing

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by corondar, Jan 7, 2021.

1. corondar

corondar UKBF Newcomer Free Member

12 0
    Hi,

Do you have any recommendation for a company that can help an IT software development company with sales from A to Z?
    The company is 4 years old, has currently 9 full time employees, and until now has made 500.000 USD in turnover.

Posted: Jan 7, 2021 By: corondar Member since: Aug 28, 2020
  2. antropy

antropy OpenCart Experts Full Member - Verified Business

3,745 643
    Outsourcing your sales is never the best idea. I would suggest hiring a sales person who will get to understand your business and sell your services a lot better. Alex

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 By: antropy Member since: Aug 2, 2010
  3. Mark T Jones

Mark T Jones UKBF Big Shot Free Member

5,200 2,093
    I'm inclined to disagree with @antropy outsourcing can work very well, with the clear proviso that you have a clear and documented agreement around what inputs, outputs and outcomes are expected from each party

On the other hand, if you just buy into the idea of 'getting more leads' you should prepare for expensive disappointment

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 By: Mark T Jones Member since: Nov 4, 2015
  4. Paul Carmen

Paul Carmen UKBF Regular Full Member - Verified Business

402 122
    The question is far too vague and is almost meaningless without sharing a marketing and sales generation plan. The process flow for creating the leads and the goals in terms of number of leads and quality/ROI is the important bit, along with the research undertaken to produce it.

@corondar do you mean you want to generate quality inbound leads, either by form or phone, for your team to deal with, or do you want the whole sales process to be outsourced including all the customer interactions as well as generating the leads?

If its about getting quality leads for your team, then any good marketer or agency should be able to work with you on that. Realistically, whatever stage you're at, they should either be able to take your plans and work from them, or carry out research to generate a full plan and leads process for you.

If its about outsourcing the whole leads and sales processes, including customer calls, contracts etc, then its a much bigger price of work. You'd need to ensure you have robust plan and SLA, with checks and balances, plus FAQs and sales processes to ensure this is feasible and isn't going to simply waste your money and give your company a bad reputation.

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 By: Paul Carmen Member since: Jan 27, 2018
  5. antropy

3,745 643
    This is what I have seen many times so probably why I am not a huge fan of the concept. Alex

Posted: Jan 12, 2021 By: antropy Member since: Aug 2, 2010
  6. Mark T Jones

Mark T Jones UKBF Big Shot Free Member

5,200 2,093
    I guess like most of us on here, I'm literally bombarded with companies 'guaranteeing' me leads.

which does beg the obvious question 'if you're good at generating leads, why are you spamming?'

However, where t looks ike a proper company, actually generating leads I will sometimes bite; always opening with a discussion around how they define 'leads'.

Most drop out at that point.

Posted: Jan 12, 2021 By: Mark T Jones Member since: Nov 4, 2015
  7. antropy

3,745 643
    Yep we get loads and also lots of companies guaranteeing us Number 1 Google ranking;) Alex

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 By: antropy Member since: Aug 2, 2010
  8. The Byre

The Byre UKBF Legend Full Member

10,685 4,553
    This!

There are companies that just do advertising and marketing and expect to get paid by results such as Drayton Bird. https://draytonbird.com/

And there are companies that can (if that's what you want) take over the entire marketing for you and get paid a percentage of any increase, such as Teclan. https://www.teclan.com/

Others are available!

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 By: The Byre Member since: Aug 13, 2013