Is multi-channel selling now essential for all online businesses?

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by Bluepark, Jul 9, 2015.

?

Is multi-channel selling now essential for all online businesses?

1. Yes, we couldn't survive without it

42 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. No, we do just fine selling on our website

12 vote(s)
    22.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeongwonhi

Yeongwonhi UKBF Contributor Free Member

39 3
    I think it is essential nowadays, and I do not see anything wrong with trying to market your products via ecommerce platforms.

I mean, we could try every means there is possible.

Good luck!

Posted: Nov 1, 2016 By: Yeongwonhi Member since: Oct 13, 2016
  2. japancool

japancool UKBF Big Shot Full Member

3,404 649
    Would that be One Stop Order Processing made by the same Mole End Ltd. that you work for Zoe?

Posted: Nov 1, 2016 By: japancool Member since: Jul 11, 2013
  3. Zoe Strassen

Zoe Strassen UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Yes I do work for them on there support team , However i do have two of my own business' as well

I have a bath and beauty shop called The Natural Spa and Ebay shop helping people sell there items who are not quite so internet savvy. Therefore i do use the software and it really helps

Posted: Nov 1, 2016 By: Zoe Strassen Member since: Oct 26, 2016
  4. japancool

japancool UKBF Big Shot Full Member

3,404 649
    Full disclosure is always better before you get caught out.

Posted: Nov 1, 2016 By: japancool Member since: Jul 11, 2013
  5. Richard Ives

Richard Ives UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 1
    I would love to promote our map products across more channels like Amazon but the problems for us are:

1. Some of our distributor agreements preclude us from doing so as they list their own products themselves and don't want us competing with them; or
    2. The distributors don't block us but then sell at a price we can't compete with.

Maybe we are just selling the wrong products and need to find better suppliers...

Posted: Nov 7, 2016 By: Richard Ives Member since: Nov 2, 2016
  6. Ian CRA

Ian CRA UKBF Contributor Free Member

35 1
    My exp of online retail was that the multi channels took a lot of the margin, which just got thinner and thinner. Again - depends entirely on what your selling. If its a common product expect not much action for anything but pence. Theres a man in China selling it directly and he's happy with pennies.

Posted: Nov 8, 2016 By: Ian CRA Member since: Nov 8, 2016
  7. Yeongwonhi

Yeongwonhi UKBF Contributor Free Member

39 3
    It is not that it is essential, but it makes your life a whole lot easier. Being able to sell across multiple platforms will only increase your chances on sales.

Posted: Nov 19, 2016 By: Yeongwonhi Member since: Oct 13, 2016
  8. Cathey

Cathey UKBF Newcomer Free Member

26 2
    Cathey from Expandly here. I've been following this thread for a couple of weeks. I agree with a lot of the comments that have been made. It is horses for courses. Not everyone needs or even wants to go multichannel and going multichannel comes with additional cost and administrative overhead that some businesses don't want or need.

Any businesses who can see multichannel potential and want to try out a small business solution might want to have a look at Expandly. It is priced for small e-retailers and offers centralised listings, order management and shipping across ebay, amazon and webcart software.

Posted: Nov 28, 2016 By: Cathey Member since: Nov 8, 2016
  9. SamLH

SamLH UKBF Regular Free Member

166 17
    All of your posts sound like they came from an auto reponder.

Posted: Nov 28, 2016 By: SamLH Member since: Jun 3, 2016
  10. Idosell Shop

Idosell Shop UKBF Regular Free Member

151 14
    Omnichannel marketing is essential but not the all channels are appropriate for all the business models. Amazon, eBay are ok for B2C approach but for B2B surcharges might kill the business.
    B2B is much better on your own online store- it is up to your resources if you wish to go for drop shipping or cross docking. In some cases, drop shipping companies require the commitment of a minimal number of parcels shipped monthly.
    Products addressed to B2C market with high margins can by distributed with no harm trough marketplaces. It is important to prepare pricing structures- this way that no matter where customers do purchase, they pay the same price for the same product. This way you control and protect your distribution network. Price fight is not the best idea in the long run.
    I would recommend also to have multi-store approach with synchronized products catalog and inventories (mars/snickers competition game). The more automated sales process is the more margin you will remain at the end.

Posted: Dec 2, 2016 By: Idosell Shop Member since: Dec 2, 2016
  11. Jeff Nev

Jeff Nev UKBF Regular Free Member

219 24
    I have come across medium-sized businesses who were relatively successful within their niche in terms of eCommere, and they have eventually branched out into multiple different channels in order to maximise revenue. With the amount of competition these days, this should not come as a surprise.

Posted: Dec 16, 2016 By: Jeff Nev Member since: Nov 14, 2013
  12. Pish_Pash

Pish_Pash UKBF Ace Free Member

2,392 605
    I can't believe this thread is still running, it only needed one reply to the OP.

"Yes".

Posted: Dec 16, 2016 By: Pish_Pash Member since: Feb 1, 2013
  13. Neil_Shah

Neil_Shah UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    As a pro-active eCommerce brand, you want to scale up your business. However, in order to be successful, multichannel selling is the key as it enables reach to a much wider customer base.

But achieving measurable growth is much easier said than done. You risk the chance of losing control of your inventory, fumbling to manage orders, or forgetting your offline store.

It is easier said than done. Outsourcing few of the business operations as well as using multi-channel management software can come to your rescue. I use a customized software called eSellerHub made according to my business processes and logic.

Posted: Dec 21, 2016 By: Neil_Shah Member since: Dec 20, 2016
  14. Idosell Shop

151 14
    The key to multichannel marketing is warehouse management system. There is nothing worse than chaos in business. One solid WMS and the same procedures to proceed all the orders builds up the business. Each of the channels has to apply to the same rules. Once you master or reach a certain level of proficiency you can launch another channel. I would say consistency pays off.

Posted: Jan 5, 2017 By: Idosell Shop Member since: Dec 2, 2016
  15. brianlee1982

brianlee1982 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

17 1
    Yes. You need to sell on multichannels, be it small or big. Everywhere is traffic over those multichannels. All u want is sales. Not 1 buyer will just stick to 1 online platform to buy things.

Posted: Jan 10, 2017 By: brianlee1982 Member since: Jan 6, 2017
  16. Idosell Shop

151 14
    Multichannel/Omnichannel includes online store as a distribution channel- I cannot imagine an effective distribution model without an optimized online store.

Posted: Jan 11, 2017 By: Idosell Shop Member since: Dec 2, 2016
  17. gustavowoltmann

gustavowoltmann UKBF Newcomer Free Member

17 0
    I know that managing multiple channels manually would be quite time consuming especially with making product is in stock, setting up products on multiple sites, dealing with complaints etc. I think the only way to professionally do this would be to use a piece of software to do this for you.

Posted: Jan 28, 2017 By: gustavowoltmann Member since: Dec 28, 2016
  18. Ekim Saribardak

Ekim Saribardak UKBF Contributor Free Member

34 5
    Multichannel is not an option if you're just starting a business, you just have to do it.
    There are software and plugins for stores based on Opencart/Magento to make it easier.

Posted: Jan 28, 2017 By: Ekim Saribardak Member since: Sep 4, 2016
  19. brianlee1982

brianlee1982 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

17 1
    Well, for me, though I just start a business, there's no problem for me if the system has a bulk listing. As I know IT works, I can generate scripts out to assisst me. Not ev1 has the techniques. Not all channels has bulk listings. Some required to pay for the service. Just need to spend some time to do listings 1 by 1.

If u are able to create 1 bulk listings, keep it coz u can reuse and modify them later on.

Posted: Jan 28, 2017 By: brianlee1982 Member since: Jan 6, 2017
  20. Shekharggn

Shekharggn UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Instead of going for multi channel I recommend you to go for Omni Channel Solution. Multi-channel means selling your product with different available selling channels. And Omni channel means selling your product with different available selling channel connecting together.

Posted: May 12, 2017 By: Shekharggn Member since: May 12, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.