Is Google business listing is harmful?

Discussion in 'SEO, PPC and Online Marketing' started by Elin32, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elin32

Elin32 UKBF Newcomer

12 0
    Hi all,

I am going through an uncertain situation and don't know what to do.Let me expalin the situation.I started SEO for Motorkwik about 2 months ago.4 out of 15 keywords were ranked in Gooogle's top ten page.But 3 weeks ego i did the following

google.com>about google>Submit your content to google>List your business

After that google showed that they will contact with in 2 week.But they didn't.Besdies that, i can't found those 4 ranked keyword in Google.

Some questions are now rounding in my mind.Though the business listing is free then why google wanted to cntact me? 2 week passed why don't they confirm me? Big question is why those keywords disappered?

PLEASE help me to overcome this situation.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
    Posted: Aug 12, 2009 By: Elin32 Member since: Jul 22, 2009
  2. Ali-v-8

Ali-v-8 Contributor

5,337 1,193
    I am confused.
    Could you be more clear?
    "I started SEO for Motorkwik " does this mean your an seo guy?

google.com>about google>Submit your content to google>List your business (what is this?)

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 By: Ali-v-8 Member since: May 8, 2008
  3. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

34,673 10,317
    Are you sure the google submission was linked to your loss of ranking? Maybe you did something else that upset google...

Has youi site appearing in the business listings? Are you still in the index or disappeared completely?

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  4. britishpcrepairs

britishpcrepairs UKBF Newcomer

43 4
    Well actually I have found myself to be in similar situations with the google local listing. I had a local listing that I set up for my business which was always number 1 or 2 for my keywords. Then one fine day I went in and changed one of my phone numbers (having purchased an 0800 number). Since that day my local business listing completely disappeared. It didnt come back on for about 1 month. Out of sheer frustration I went in, changed one other minor thing and submitted the listing again. It was back on within about 2 days but this time was ranking really low. After a few weeks it disappeared again!

Anyone know what is going on with google local?

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 By: britishpcrepairs Member since: May 13, 2009
  5. QVA - Emma

QVA - Emma Contributor

616 271

You submitted your clients site and details to Google for the local business listing. Correct?

Google would not contact you as presumably you would have put your clients details in the address box for the listing? Google will have sent a postcard size letter with a pin number enabling the listing to be be verified presumably to your clients address. (This can be done by Phone, Text or Post). If you did not tell your client you were doing this thye may well have just thrown it in the shredder:eek:

Do you mean the site disappeared for 4 keywords in the organic listings? If so then you need to look at the site not the local business submission.

Emma

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 By: QVA - Emma Member since: Feb 21, 2009
  6. QVA - Emma

QVA - Emma Contributor

616 271
    I find that map positions vary - sometimes daily. One clients disappeared for near on a week but I just left it and it returned 2 places higher up the pile.

Remember that sometimes listings disappear but more often than not they do return and sometimes in a higher position than before. With anything SEO patience is a virtue.:)

Regards

Emma

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 By: QVA - Emma Member since: Feb 21, 2009
  7. Elin32

Elin32 UKBF Newcomer

12 0

I think you got my point.Why google does that verification?Why they call or send card? i can't understand.As that business listing is a FREE service.

Yeah 4 keywords disappeared from organic listing.Even after my sole effort i can't find any keyword in Google, except Motorkwik.Currently i don't want those keywords in top 10.I shall be happy if i find them in the last page.

I don't know what is happening.Should i delete that business listing?

Posted: Aug 13, 2009 By: Elin32 Member since: Jul 22, 2009
  8. FLAUK

FLAUK Contributor

203 38
    It's to make sure you are a local business in the area stated, and not just spamming.

Posted: Aug 14, 2009 By: FLAUK Member since: Jul 7, 2009
  9. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

20,559 7,090
    Sorry but if you don't know the standard procedure for submitting a business listing to local, why do you feel you are capable of handling an SEO comapaign?

Google ALWAYS confirm (unless you are a white listed company who can add google local listings that don't need approval) i can assure you you are not. Google ALWAYS need to verify the person submitting is the person who has the RIGHT to submit, otherwise it is open to espionage and spam. it has ALWAYS been this way. Normally you do it instantly via the telephone number you used to submit. (why didn't you chose that option?).

It saddens me when we get threads like this. :(

Posted: Aug 14, 2009 By: OldWelshGuy Member since: Jun 12, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.