Ecommerce Forum Brought to you by i-bidder.com

Is anybody in this forum using "PayPal for Marketplaces" ?

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by foundlostdogs, Dec 8, 2018 at 3:27 PM.

1. foundlostdogs

foundlostdogs UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 1
    Is anybody in this forum using "PayPal for Marketplaces" (PP4M) which is a limited-release solution at this time and only available to select partners for approved use cases.

Having made a business plan application to PayPal, based on using an off-the-shelf multivendor marketplace solution which has PP4M integration already built in, I am curious to know what PayPal's criteria is for PP4M use approval and the time scales involved for a decision.

Many thanks in advance of any replies.

Posted: Dec 8, 2018 at 3:27 PM By: foundlostdogs Member since: Aug 10, 2018
  2. lesliedocherty

lesliedocherty UKBF Ace Free Member

2,159 294
    Is stripe not the leader in this field ?

Posted: Dec 10, 2018 at 1:43 PM By: lesliedocherty Member since: Jun 17, 2006
  3. foundlostdogs

foundlostdogs UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 1
    You are no doubt correct and I assume this is why PayPal have withdrawn Adaptive Payments and are replacing with Marketplaces (PP4M) to match Stripe's offering. I can't deny I am a novice in this area albeit I have been a happy PayPal user since the year dot hence my wishing to go with PP4M.

I also understand, but stand to be corrected, that Stripe delay payments to vendors and I am hoping with PP4M, vendors on my multi-vendor marketplace, at least those who are well established, will not see any payment delays.

Posted: Dec 10, 2018 at 2:21 PM By: foundlostdogs Member since: Aug 10, 2018