HI everyone, We did some roofing work on a block of flats some months ago - no complaints, residents happy, submitted 2 separate invoices, both for £2,130. Bulk of each invoice was made up of scaffolders' fees & wages we'd already paid. No huge profit to speak of. One of these is now 80 days overdue, the other not much less. Work was instructed by Managing Agents, a Ltd company. Our predicament led me to do a bit of digging on the M.agents. Operate from serviced offices. Companies House revealed that their accounts were due in November but have not been submitted. Have never spoken to/heard from 'Lead' Director. Our contact was his wife who is no longer a Director with the main holding company; although looking at the many companies they are affiliated with, it does seem they routinely swap Directorship roles (including with another woman who we've only ever known as an employee & who has been our contact since the wife 'left' ). It does seem too that many of these many companies - in the names of the block they manage (& the holding company itself), have little or no money. This is the case for the company specifically set up in the name of the block we've worked on. When debt initially became overdue & we started to chase, we were told it was an insurance issue, hence delay. Since then have chased & chased - emails, left phone messages (no response ) & on rare occasions when called & was able to speak to someone 'managerial' (never Director), always assured next week, they had no money to pay, small company etc. Wrote more formally a couple of weeks ago, advising that it was severely affecting our cash flow (we said surely their O/D should fund debt? - at times we 'd been forced to use ours) & warned that we would have to charge an extra £70 per invoice & statutory interest if situation continued. No response in writing. Further verbal promises of payment that never come to anything. I need advice on what to do next. Had thought I'd go the Money Claim online route, but was a bit thrown when I read online that there has been some change in 2017 re. Pre-Action Protocols with respect to business to business claims??? I came across this when I was reminding myself of the protocol for writing a Letter of Intended Action, because my earlier letter to them did not warn of taking legal action, & only talked of the £70 late payment charge + interest we could justify adding to each invoice. In that letter I said I expected to see payment within 7 days or these charges would be added - I've yet to send them amended invoices though, in the hope that the threat was sufficient to prompt payment. I've assumed that this letter was insufficient to be considered the proper notice of our intention to pursue them down the MCOL route? Can I/ should I now send a Letter before Claim? And given the query above, can I use MCOL in this business to business scenario? I appreciate too that another option is the statutory demand letter route, but I've baulked at that potentially meaning we might have to wait close to 21 days for payment before we can take the next step if they still don't pay. Any advice would be very gratefully received. T.