Introduction to the Insolvency forum

Discussion in 'Insolvency' started by Dan Izzard, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Dan Izzard

Dan Izzard Digital Marketer Full Member

1,059 316
    Members have mentioned that there are already hundreds of posts dedicated to insolvency across the site so it makes sense to congregate them into one easy to find place.

We have created this forum in order for members to share information, discuss insolvency and provide support to other business owners. As @Spongebob points out, “how people cope with this is vital in enabling them to dust themselves off and try again.”

The rules and guidelines for the forum are exactly the same as any other on the site. Please be respectful to other members and their businesses, keep threads on topic and keep it legal. For more information on this please see our ‘Terms of Service and Rules’ page.

It is worth highlighting that all information in the insolvency forum will be publicly viewable and posts may appear in Google searches (and other search engines). Due to the nature of insolvency please take care not to disclose any information that you would not like to see in the public arena.

We have chosen to make this forum visible to search engines as if hidden, this would limit its use to registered members and anyone searching for answers via a search engine would not be able to find the forum itself and the valuable advice within.

Posts made on UKBF are linked to a user profile - so users should also be aware of details that are included in a profile such as username and the avatar/image displayed.

We are sure that the Insolvency forum will be a great addition to the site and hope that it will provide vital information to many users. :)

Thanks to Spongebob, Alan R Price, Maxine, and everyone else for helping to create and define this latest addition to UKBF via their posts in the upgrade forum and across the site.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    Posted: Dec 13, 2013 By: Dan Izzard Member since: Nov 21, 2013
  2. Spongebob

Spongebob UKBF Ace Free Member

2,108 1,071
    Posted: Dec 13, 2013 By: Spongebob Member since: Dec 9, 2008
  3. 10032012

10032012 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,965 324
    A good move, very much welcomed :)

Perhaps a new forum (hidden down the bottom somewhere) for investors soliciting for advice of what to invest in? As it seems over the time I been here, so many people (I assume most are lies) have £100k or so, and play the "I have no idea what to invest the money on, any idea? wink wink" just to wind up the entrepreneurs on here who would love an investor on board!

Every time you then get them in General... can move them out of the way lol

Posted: Dec 13, 2013 By: 10032012 Member since: Mar 10, 2012
  4. Bob

Bob UKBF Big Shot Free Member

3,668 929
    A useful addition to UKBF. Glad you have pointed out the visibility of the profile. Now all we need is "The Spongebob Plan" as a sticky and an article from Alan Price from the other side of the fence :) . Is it possible to make the stickies read only to prevent their being diluted by random posts clearly with the ability for spongebob or Alan to update them should they consider it necessary. The stickies on the Accounts and Finance forum have become unwieldy because of the number of comments :(

Posted: Dec 14, 2013 By: Bob Member since: Jul 24, 2009
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Geoff T

Geoff T UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

5,604 1,262
    good ideas... keep good info at the top of the list!

Posted: Dec 15, 2013 By: Geoff T Member since: Apr 30, 2009
  6. Faevilangel

Faevilangel Website Critic Full Member

7,564 2,398
    We can sticky and lock threads so no spam is posted, just let me of the mods / sift team know which ones to do it too.

Posted: Dec 15, 2013 By: Faevilangel Member since: Jun 29, 2009
  7. zigojacko

zigojacko I say it how it is Full Member - Verified Business

3,531 1,120
    This approach would be beneficial in the other forums too! :)

Posted: Dec 16, 2013 By: zigojacko Member since: Dec 7, 2009
  8. Faevilangel

Faevilangel Website Critic Full Member

7,564 2,398
    If a thread is deemed good content then we do sticky them (the 101 tips for your website etc are ones that spring to mind)

Posted: Dec 16, 2013 By: Faevilangel Member since: Jun 29, 2009
  9. zigojacko

zigojacko I say it how it is Full Member - Verified Business

3,531 1,120
    That's my point, that thread isn't good, isn't great advice and receives lots of spam in each day.

Posted: Dec 16, 2013 By: zigojacko Member since: Dec 7, 2009
  10. Bob

Bob UKBF Big Shot Free Member

3,668 929
    It's the locking of the thread that is important :cool:

Posted: Dec 16, 2013 By: Bob Member since: Jul 24, 2009
  11. Alan R Price

Alan R Price UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,114 1,032
    I've been abroad on holiday so haven't been on here for 10 days or so. I'll see if I can come up with a generic "what to do if you think you or your company are insolvent" article over the Xmas period.

Posted: Dec 23, 2013 By: Alan R Price Member since: Jul 5, 2010
  12. Paula0252

Paula0252 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

6 0
    im trying to find the spongebob letters how can I access them?

Posted: Jun 10, 2015 By: Paula0252 Member since: May 31, 2015
  13. Spongebob

Spongebob UKBF Ace Free Member

2,108 1,071
    Posted: Jun 10, 2015 By: Spongebob Member since: Dec 9, 2008