Internet social platform connecting businesses with suppliers(B2B)

Discussion in 'Regional forums' started by RJ3, May 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RJ3

RJ3 UKBF Contributor Free Member

37 0
    Hello, ladies and gentlemen and I would like to know your thoughts regarding a internet social platform connecting businesses with suppliers all over the world in various industries. The intent is to create more business/traffic for suppliers, B2B relationships and connect people.

Posted: May 21, 2018 By: RJ3 Member since: May 21, 2018
  2. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

16,082 1,795
    Posted: May 21, 2018 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  3. RJ3

37 0
    Yes it will be different because we plan on withdrawing any communication barriers and enable you to instantly communicate with suppliers through our platform. It is more of a social website than a directory as well.

4. NickGrogan

NickGrogan UKBF Ace Free Member

2,005 439
    What barriers exist now?

I can already call, email, write to or visit any company in the world.

Posted: May 21, 2018 By: NickGrogan Member since: Nov 15, 2012
  5. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,719 9,011
    I don't need a social website to find suppliers. Google can find me the contact details of just about anybody in the world. Instant communications isn't needed.

The cost of setting and maintaining up a worldwide directory is going to be huge. And unless you list everybody it's not going to get an traction (because Google already lists everybody).

Posted: May 21, 2018 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  6. Mr D

16,082 1,795
    Is this a case of trying to solve a business problem that business doesn't consider a problem?

7. RJ3

37 0
    The barriers are not outstanding but they are there such as cultural barriers. We believe that startups and SMEs are more affected by this issue and we want to bring value by helping them find the rights suppliers for them preventing the trial and error process of finding a supplier

8. RJ3

37 0
    That is a very valid point! but how would one know if that certain supplier reliable or not? At the end of the day, it is obvious that every business is trying to get value for money and that is what we offer to businesses and suppliers.

9. Mr D

16,082 1,795
    I'm not seeing what additional value you are bringing to the businesses. Maybe I'm missing something.

10. RJ3

37 0
    Perhaps but we are looking at it from the lens of providing a better service since a good relationship with a supplier could be a plis for a business

11. RJ3

37 0
    I'll try to simplify but please bear with me, I do not have all the answers and we are still examining the possibility of this idea becoming a business. Suppliers are often the main element of a companies success yet they are underserved. The probability of a supplier making a sale from other sources than their clients is very low, this is where we come in trying to give them more business by making them more visible to you. I am convinced that if they had an higher visibility, attracting business would be easier since people would not have to search very far for them

12. fisicx

30,719 9,011
    Referrals, trusted reviews, due diligence.

I really can't see your idea working without huge investment and a massive marketing campaign. and even then you aren't going to replace the thousands of established places people already use to find suppliers.

13. RJ3

37 0
    Good and what if you are dealing with a supplier that hasn't been online for a while (some firms take time before doing business online) or do not have many reviews (some people do not consider writing reviews). We should keep in mind that there are incredible businesses that do not get the credit they deserve.

I really adhere to your point about the constraints and limitations to this idea becoming a reality, and I value your honesty, it's helping me stay down to earth. I might be wrong but I believe nothing is impossible and there is always room for improvement. I might be delusional but I am willing to invest my time and money in this.

14. Mr D

16,082 1,795
    I generally don't have to search very far for them. Cannot think of any that aren't findable on google.
    Or are there some who are not findable google but findable on certain sites only that you want to target?

15. RJ3

37 0
    All over the world, France is a good example, they have a lot to offer to the world but their values bend more towards maintaining their heritage and savoir-faire (know-how). Because most of their manufacturers have been around since the 1800's and are family-owned, naturally the business is passed on from one generation to another. These manuctureres could be supplying their products to consumers all over the world, which will also benefit them because they could take their savoir-faire on a global scale, if they want to of course.

May I ask, how did it go when you searching for a supplier? what did you liked and disliked? what could be made better?

16. fisicx

30,719 9,011
    And there is a lot of dross as well.

Your experience of businesses in France is a lot different to that in the UK. Which is probably why we can't see the benefits of your idea.

17. RJ3

37 0
    Exactly.

I understand and may I ask, in your opinion what could work or seem beneficial in the UK in correlation to my idea? Just as food for thought.

18. Mr D

16,082 1,795
    France does sell its products all over the world. $543.1 Billion in exports.
    Could they sell more? Probably. There's your market then.
    May be a little competition with other companies also helping French companies increase exports.

19. RJ3

37 0
    How does one identify a good business idea?

Posted: May 22, 2018 By: RJ3 Member since: May 21, 2018
  20. Mr D

16,082 1,795
    It solves a problem.

Posted: May 22, 2018 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.