Insurance Woes

Discussion in 'International Business' started by Billabongchick, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Billabongchick

Billabongchick UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 1
    Hi all, I’m having issues with getting product liability for selling from U.K. to USA/Canada due to the fact that despite my product (which I import from India) being very low risk my supplier is unable to offer a Rights of Recourse note.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of brokers who offer this please as I have a load of people in USA wanting to order and I don’t want to do any deals til I know I have cover.

Thanks

Posted: Sep 4, 2019 By: Billabongchick Member since: Aug 28, 2019
  2. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

17,283 1,938
    Have the supplier said why they cannot offer a rights of recourse note? Is it something you can arrange?

Posted: Sep 4, 2019 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  3. Billabongchick

3 1
    They work on very small margins so are unable to offer it. It’s apparently very common that Chinese/Indian and similar countries are unwilling to do the rights of recourse note

Posted: Sep 4, 2019 By: Billabongchick Member since: Aug 28, 2019
  4. lockyer

lockyer UKBF Ace Full Member

1,218 198
    To be fair when dealing with China or India then it’s almost like not having a right of recourse anyway as you are unlikely to win in their legal system, and the defence costs are prohibitive

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2019
    Posted: Sep 18, 2019 By: lockyer Member since: Oct 27, 2008
  5. Billabongchick

3 1
    Thank you! As it happens I already found your name mentioned in another thread and sorted out my insurance with poor Jon who was very patient and managed to get me covered for USA as well! Was very pleased with the service thanks

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 By: Billabongchick Member since: Aug 28, 2019
  6. lockyer

lockyer UKBF Ace Full Member

1,218 198
    Glad we (Jon q) could help

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 By: lockyer Member since: Oct 27, 2008