General Business Forum Brought to you by Salesforce

Insurance broker recommendation

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Laurence_1811, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Laurence_1811

Laurence_1811 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 2
    Hi all,

Newbie looking to start my own business/community enterprise currently at the planning and viability stage but not sure where to start with the insurance side and this may make the idea unviable.

In a nutshell I'm looking to find an insurance product that I can sell to my customers to protect their goods in the event of theft or damage. Customers will essentially be renting sports equipment to other customers and I want to find an insurance product that can be purchased each time to cover theft or damage of the equipment.

Essentially this is a tool hire business, but the tools are sports equipment such as paddleboards that will be hired out for a few hours or a few days

Any insurance brokers that may be able to help with this?

Posted: Sep 7, 2020 By: Laurence_1811 Member since: Sep 7, 2020
  2. locutus

locutus UKBF Regular Free Member

167 4
    I used Callum at Monopoly Insurance. He was keen for my business. No real need to chase him for quotes. I was using SMEI Brokers for my insurance, but were charging a fortune, so I asked on another forum, and Monopoly PMed me for details. Solid £150 cheaper.

[email protected]

Posted: Sep 12, 2020 By: locutus Member since: Jun 12, 2015
  3. James_RawlinsInsurance

James_RawlinsInsurance UKBF Newcomer Free Member

8 0
    Certainly one of the trickier things to try and place. A robust terms and conditions of hire would be critical

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 4:03 PM By: James_RawlinsInsurance Member since: Jul 24, 2020