Inkjet Owners!! In here......

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by The_JinJ, Aug 8, 2005.

?

Inkjet Club - good idea?

1. Yes!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Who cares!?!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_JinJ

The_JinJ UKBF Newcomer Free Member

157 0
    I am toying with the idea of having an 'inkjet club'. Basically this would involve buying a cartridge from myself and then returning the old one to be refilled - this would go on in rotation (one cart is away getting filled while the other is used) - the cost per refill would be very low with the biggest outlay being the initial cartridge - other costs would be postage to get the cart to me and possibly a small charge per refill.

Would anyone be interested in an idea similar to this, or have any comments or thoughts on it?

Cheers

Posted: Aug 8, 2005 By: The_JinJ Member since: Mar 16, 2004
  2. The_JinJ

The_JinJ UKBF Newcomer Free Member

157 0
    All these looking and no votes or comments :( awwww

Posted: Aug 8, 2005 By: The_JinJ Member since: Mar 16, 2004
  3. BKE Business Services Ltd

BKE Business Services Ltd UKBF Newcomer Free Member

27 0
    Hi Neil Smart Cartirdge have been running this service for years and all of the major inkjet suppliers now have charity bags in their cartridge boxes so that you can send the cartridge back to a charity so that they can make out of your used ones. Sorry mate but seems as if you may have missed the bus on this one!

Posted: Aug 8, 2005 By: BKE Business Services Ltd Member since: Aug 2, 2005
  4. Whistle Ink

Whistle Ink UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,098 22
    I have been told that sometimes these original used cartridges go back to the likes of HP and are sometimes melted down rather than any element, particularly the plastic outer casing being reused.

Whether this is beacuse the compat / remans want to get the empties or the likes of HP want to stops compats and remans is a discussion for another time - but some reman / compat manufacturers actually dontae to charity AND ensure the cartridge is reused as much as possibe without costing the environment.

To note there is a general shortage of used original cartridges such HP No.57.

Not that theres anything wrong with giving to charity!!!!!!! Both of my reman suppliers have return bags in the boxes that go back to them so they can recycle it. If I collect them they can pay up to £1 to a charity of my choice AND recycle it properly. I do offer to collect cartridges, but its not really worth my while unless they are in my area and they have a few that need collecting.

At the end of the day its up to the customer!

Posted: Aug 8, 2005 By: Whistle Ink Member since: May 7, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.