ineedhits site

Discussion in 'SEO, PPC and Online Marketing' started by sparklyscotty, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sparklyscotty

sparklyscotty Contributor

381 2
    Hi guys,

Does anyone know anything about the site ineedhits dot com? They keep emailing me, and offer really cheap site submission etc. I have thought about using them but wondered if they really do anything?

I need to get my wedding site on the map, and amn't sure where to start. Can't afford to throw tons of money at SEO and adwords just yet.

Angel

Posted: Apr 27, 2007 By: sparklyscotty Member since: Apr 21, 2005
  2. peterjhale

peterjhale Contributor

257 39
    what's "cheap site submission" ?

I thought that stopped in around 1995

Posted: Apr 27, 2007 By: peterjhale Member since: Feb 10, 2004
  3. sparklyscotty

381 2
    :) They are offering basic submission for about 3 dollars, with various packages from 20 dollars through 400 dollars. I thought 3 dollars sounded good to save me the time of manually submitting? 'guaranteed traffic' also sounds good for about 30 dollars.
    TGTBT?

Posted: Apr 27, 2007 By: sparklyscotty Member since: Apr 21, 2005
  4. peterjhale

peterjhale Contributor

257 39
    You don't need to submit to any search engine.

They pick your website up through links to your site.

Posted: Apr 27, 2007 By: peterjhale Member since: Feb 10, 2004
  5. dan.field@clearmymail.com

[email protected] UKBF Newcomer

38 0
    These companies who offer guaranteed traffic will be showing your site in pop-up or pop-under adverts from other sites they own (Or have an interest in).

This guaranteed traffic is completely un-targeted and will likely do nothing for your business apart from use up your website bandwidth. The costs may sounds good value, but you'd be wasting your money!

Dan

Posted: Apr 27, 2007 By: [email protected] Member since: Feb 22, 2006
  6. FunkyBears

FunkyBears Contributor

939 69
    "You don't need to submit to any search engine"
    True or False?

Posted: Apr 27, 2007 By: FunkyBears Member since: Mar 29, 2006
  7. SpeedyExpressCouriers

SpeedyExpressCouriers Contributor

1,256 9
    I'd say true FlyingCards.

Spiders crawl your website and pick up information.

Angel, don't waste your time with them. Nobody can guarantee you hits and search engine positions. What they tell you is utter rubbish, we had them constantly emailing us.

We told them that we will sue them for harrassment if they do not stop contacting us, everything stopped with a click of a finger.

We now send them junk just to annoy them. :D

Posted: Apr 27, 2007 By: SpeedyExpressCouriers Member since: Aug 27, 2006
  8. TIMI

TIMI UKBF Newcomer

40 1
    I have often wondered...what is the purpose of "hits" that make no profit ? (and probably only annoy your visitors) . Try promoting your site via links from relevant sites and through articles.
    I do articles for business promotion, on contract, and you can also post your articles to my article directory , or use posted articles free of charge. Go to powerpublish.co.uk

Posted: Apr 29, 2007 By: TIMI Member since: Nov 24, 2005
  9. sparklyscotty

381 2
    Thanks guys. Its so confusing out there! At the moment its a chicken and egg scenario. I have a great site with a unique idea, but I need advertisers in order to get visitors and visitor stats in order to persuade advertisers to sign up. What's a gal to do? :)

Posted: May 1, 2007 By: sparklyscotty Member since: Apr 21, 2005
  10. mattk

mattk Contributor

2,554 935
    For a start, add your site to you signature!

Then, there are plenty of free ways to promote your site, have a look at 101 (mainly free!) Tips to Improve Your Web Presence

Posted: May 1, 2007 By: mattk Member since: Dec 5, 2005
  11. autolycus

autolycus Contributor

273 0
    You could invest in some proper search engine optimisation with someone who doesn't charge you until such time as you are in the top ten on Google.....

Check out the link in my sig if you want to know more, or give me a shout.

Regards,
    David.

Posted: May 1, 2007 By: autolycus Member since: Mar 4, 2005
  12. AndyBlack

AndyBlack Contributor

425 30
    Hi,

Your Alexa ranking looks as though you're getting alot of traffic through your site anyway. I have had a quick look at your site and noticed that your main URL is just a single page which links directly to your catalogue. If I were you, I put plenty of content on the main index page with keyword rich content and use that as a resource and information gateway for your products, with an 'enter shop' graphic that links to your online store. You would be more likely to get even more traffic then in my opinion.

Good luck!

Andy

Posted: May 2, 2007 By: AndyBlack Member since: Nov 17, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.