Incorporating gift wrap into dispatch procedure

Discussion in 'Websites & Ecommerce' started by danny156, Sep 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danny156

danny156 UKBF Regular Free Member

140 5
    We are looking to start offering gift wrap and messages as an option to customers due to a lot of our items being 'gifty' and bought as presents
    We will advertise it on the website and have already started to get a bit of pickup on it so expect it to take off come xmas

However we are struggling to come up with a sensible way to incorporate it into our dispatch workflow so I was wondering if other people offer it and how they manage it ?

At the moment we have 4 individual consoles for each packer and a picker who delivers items from the warehouse to them

We are short on space but do have the option of making a dedicated gift wrap station for someone to work through them all then start packing as per normal - we could turn an existing console into a station

I have also looked at setting up a roll of wrap on each station and the packers do it as they get to it - but this requires 4 holders - 4 rolls of wrap etc and the cost shoots up

I have also thought about setting up a roll of wrap in the packing area on something like this - http://www.dehnco.com/work/wallstand.cfm - a wall roll holder and the packers can go and get the wrap when they need it and it doesn't take up an extra console

We currently have a mix of opinions in the warehouse as to what is best option for space and workflow ... has anyone had any experience with this and how they manage it ?

Many thanks
    Danny

Posted: Sep 29, 2014 By: danny156 Member since: Jan 11, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.