Importing Wine

Discussion in 'International Business' started by afclangley, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. afclangley

afclangley UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Hi I am thinking of importing wine into the UK and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions regarding licenses required and any advice on running this as a business?

Many thanks
    Ren

Posted: Feb 8, 2010 By: afclangley Member since: Feb 8, 2010
  2. vvaannmmaann

vvaannmmaann UKBF Legend Free Member

13,109 3,369
    Posted: Feb 8, 2010 By: vvaannmmaann Member since: Nov 6, 2007
  3. afclangley

3 0
    Thanks Vaannmaannn !!

4. Hillyer

Hillyer UKBF Regular Free Member

270 45
    How serious are you about this? :)

Are you just doing some research and testing the water, or is this something you are really keen about following-through?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
    Posted: Feb 8, 2010 By: Hillyer Member since: Feb 19, 2009
  5. afclangley

3 0
    Hi Hillyer,

Well its an idea a friend of mine had a while ago and I thought I would go ahead and research it

I've been involved in too many "business in a box" opportunities out there and not so keen on that sort of thing anymore, so looking to start something of my own

So yes I am just testing the water however I would also be serious about following through with this if I can put a proper plan together :)

Did you have something in mind?

6. movietub

movietub UKBF Big Shot Free Member

4,859 1,109
    mmm... wines big business again these days! And god I'm passionate about it!

No experience in the field (although I've tasted wine, quite a lot...) but if I wasn't so busy at the moment with other projects this is definately one of the things I would be looking at.

I recommend you seek inspiration by ordering the mix box of savvy's from naked wines (not linking, google it). I buy from them and have latterly had some chats with one of the managers because I'm trying to 'borrow' their web dev team for my own site.

Honestly, have a look at the site, sign up and test the whole experience. In my opinion the website and buying experience is almost perfect. It would give you a good idea of what it takes and the quality of presentation that makes selling wine online succesfully possible.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
    Posted: Feb 8, 2010 By: movietub Member since: Nov 6, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.